jeebuz, there are trading cards that sell at a game's price.  :blink: just sold one for 2.60$, unbelievable

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

So from the Steam sales I now have Divinity: Original Sin and Shadowrun Returns. Now Eagle Dynamics announced Digital Combat Simulator FW 190D-9 at sale price though I'm conflicted at the moment. On the one hand that was my favourite radial engine warfighter from the Second World War along with the F6F Hellcat and the F4U Corsair, on the other hand, there isn't really a good combat environment for it until the release of DCS: Europe WWII, and honestly having only P-51Ds and other "Butcher Birds" to tangle with over T'blisi may get old after a while.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I only have 9 games (I only bought 5) in my Steam library and these were all games I bought the physical copy. I think I only have about 20 with GOG and quite a few of those were free, like Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics.

The five in my Steam library are:

F.E.A.R. 2

Fallout: NV Ultimate Edition

Half Life 2 Orange Box (five various games)

Lost Planet

Rage

I'm not one for buying games just to buy games and end up never playing them. I have quite a lot of physical copies of games that I bought years ago that I haven't played, which I'll end up going back to. When you realise how many games you have and work out an average price of how much you've spent... Yeah, I stopped buying lots of games about 8-9 years ago unless I intend to sit down and play them.

One of the most important things in BG2 is reading text. In BG2EE you're locked into a ****ty font that comes only in one small size, people can't even make font mods because Beamdog changed the way fonts are loaded into the game. I asked Trent to give us their custom utility that creates font files, he said "I'm gonna ask my font meister" and then he forgot all about it.

No way I'm gonna play a game with ****ty small fonts where reading is paramount. Just this fact crosses out everything Beamdog has made content-wise.

Edited by Bester
  • Like 1
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

But since they have been putting early access games on sale, I just might cave in if Grim Dawn gets a sale. Been in a mood for spanking action RPG for a while now and GD looks just what I'm looking for.

Grim Dawn is half off for the next couple hours.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Heh. I am so tempted to pick up Organ Trail and gift it to some friends with kids.

A retro zombie survival game where you travel westward in a station wagon, scavenging for supplies, fending off the undead hordes and bandits (who might or might not resemble Apaches), while possibly dying of dysentery or 9 other diseases....  All in glorious 16 bit colour with electronic beeps..

That hits nostalgia for the old school BBC computers...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Guest Slinky

But since they have been putting early access games on sale, I just might cave in if Grim Dawn gets a sale. Been in a mood for spanking action RPG for a while now and GD looks just what I'm looking for.

Grim Dawn is half off for the next couple hours.

Thanks, would have missed it without that!

It's been stuck at 30% for me the entire time of the sales. Was it down to 50% while I was drunk and out partying?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's been stuck at 30% for me the entire time of the sales. Was it down to 50% while I was drunk and out partying?

Yep.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ugh. Just went ahead and bought some useless games on sales. It feels like I saved money, cause they were on sales, right? But at the same time, feels like I wasted money because I'm never going to play this ****. SALES WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME!!!!!!!!

I made 16 odd dollars off of trading cards during this sale and finally was able to afford the DCS module I'd been wanting to buy: the Black Shark. 

riding the nostalgia wave for Rainbow Six,also bought Takedown: Red Sabre, which is a piece of crap but is moddable, so some fun could come out of that.

and Castle Crashers. which actually sees my controller, unlike that other game from this developer, so I can play with friends online and not want to smash my keyboard in the process 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I made 16 odd dollars off of trading cards during this sale and finally was able to afford the DCS module I'd been wanting to buy: the Black Shark. 

riding the nostalgia wave for Rainbow Six,also bought Takedown: Red Sabre, which is a piece of crap but is moddable, so some fun could come out of that.

and Castle Crashers. which actually sees my controller, unlike that other game from this developer, so I can play with friends online and not want to smash my keyboard in the process 

BattleBlock Theater? I'm playing it with a DS3 emulating it as a 360 controller and I am having no probelm at all.

Guacamelee! is the one I meant, but turns out it's not the same developer, they just share something (Castle Crashers is mentioned in Guacamelee! and that's where I got this idea)

Walsingham said:

The Guacamelee! developer also made Tales from Space: When Mutant Blobs Attack, both top 10 games in the year they were released IMHO. I'd get a pad that supports xinput or find a way to support it in software, so many games use it now.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot

k78Oiz3.png

chin.gif

Too bad when you click on it and go to the page it has the correct -75%.  If they really wanted to pay me $4 to add that game to my library I would have obliged them.   :grin:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I just had the best idea ever. I was checking up on The Golf Club--which is still in Early Access, version 0.90, and pretty well-reviewed--and I thought, the humidity has been terrible this weekend ... but then I also remembered how much I enjoyed the N64 golf game, Waialae Country Club, set in Hawaii, and then it hit me: RECREATE WAIALAE HOLE FOR HOLE with the custom course creator in The Golf Club! :aiee:  In luxurious 1080p, compared to the 64-bit Nintendo game. Oh, man, I'm pumped, now. And something else that was cool--finally, the recommended PC requirements list a 660 or 7850 2GB for GPUs. 

All Stop. On Screen.

And something else that was cool--finally, the recommended PC requirements list a 660 or 7850 2GB for GPUs. 

It can list a supercomputer as a requirement, it still won't look any different from the current gen vidya games. Because there are no engines with PBR shaders yet. And the only engines that allow PBR right now is the new Unreal engine and Unity 5 (or unity 4 with marmoset shaders) and there are no games that fully utilize PBR capabilities yet.

This is how the games will look when they start using PBR in 1-2 years from now:

Edited by Bester

Got keys for The Darkness 2, The Bureau: Xcom Declassified, and Spec Ops: The Line if anyone wants them

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

EDIT: nvm

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

Got keys for The Darkness 2, The Bureau: Xcom Declassified, and Spec Ops: The Line if anyone wants them

Is be interested in xcom if you have it? Wanted to check that out sometime.

Or the darkness 2. Haven't tried that yet? Sorry didn't see the previous post by Hurlshot.

Edited by SadExchange