I wish the sale was over. I already bought 12 games and gifted another 4. My wallet needs to recover.

Haha, and here I was thinking "what a crappy summer sale it's been". I haven't bought a single thing yet.

Well, I took a break from PC gaming for a while due to a broken computer and a huge work backlog. I'm playing catch-up. ^^

• Like 1

To some extent, it's a lot of smaller improvements, that when they come togehter make the whole better.. Their use of ideas are more original than in Eu3 so nations seem very differentiated now. Trade is also more complicated now with the new expansion.

I'd say it's more like a really really good expansion on Eu3 so at a discount it's worth it.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I wish the sale was over. I already bought 12 games and gifted another 4. My wallet needs to recover.

Haha, and here I was thinking "what a crappy summer sale it's been". I haven't bought a single thing yet.

Well, I took a break from PC gaming for a while due to a broken computer and a huge work backlog. I'm playing catch-up. ^^

What games did you buy?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What games did you buy?

Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Surgeon Simulator, Daylight, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Awesomenauts, Witcher 1 & 2, Mass Effect 1 & 2 (I've never actually played these), Worms Clan Wars, Outlast Whistleblower (technically a DLC but it's as long as the original game), Draw A Stickman Epic and Deus Ex Human Revolution.

• Like 1

I thought maybe that train simulator thing would be fun. The user reviews are gnarly, though. "I have one thousand hours, this game sucks."  :blink:

Steam user reviews are mostly useless, or, at least, it takes some work to find useful reviews.  Sadly, Steam reviews are now basically dominated by childish dip****s making joke reviews and their little mafia upvoting all these useless joke reviews because LULZ or whatever.  It's now become a competition to make the funniest joke review and the actually useful reviews get buried several pages down because all the useless joke crap gets voted to the top.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

What games did you buy?

Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Surgeon Simulator, Daylight, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Awesomenauts, Witcher 1 & 2, Mass Effect 1 & 2 (I've never actually played these), Worms Clan Wars, Outlast Whistleblower (technically a DLC but it's as long as the original game), Draw A Stickman Epic and Deus Ex Human Revolution.

That should keep you busy :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I grabbed AssCreed 2, 3, Brotherhood, Revelations, Mount and Blade Warband, Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead Season 2, Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion, Papers Please, and The Bureau. So far I regret Papers Please and Sins of a Solar Empire., but that's only like 11 bucks worth of my purchases though. That 11 could have gone to Banished or Saints Row IV though.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm keeping an eye on Alpha Protocol. Just in case it drops below the 50% off before the end of the sale.. either way I'll add it to my digital library. Then I won't have to worry about digging my physical copy out in the future....

I did get tempted by Long Live the Queen when it was just under £2... Just for the fun of how many, many ways you can die.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Why do you regret Papers, Please? I really enjoyed that game a while back. :)

I got to the point where they started giving out identity supplements and at that point its more work than fun. It takes me so long to go over all the paperwork that I average getting 6-8 people through, and I need to get 11 through just to break even on rent, heat, and food. Terrorist days we go cold. it was only $4, but with the price of games, I expect to get more than an hour of playtime out of my $4, and I didn't with Papers Please, so I regret purchasing.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Why do you regret Papers, Please? I really enjoyed that game a while back. :)

I got to the point where they started giving out identity supplements and at that point its more work than fun. It takes me so long to go over all the paperwork that I average getting 6-8 people through, and I need to get 11 through just to break even on rent, heat, and food. Terrorist days we go cold. it was only $4, but with the price of games, I expect to get more than an hour of playtime out of my $4, and I didn't with Papers Please, so I regret purchasing.

Hm, I can see how you would feel that way. I still quite enjoyed it myself, in fact the increased difficulty and frustration really increased the pressure of the decisions I had to make (Do I take the bribe so I can feed my family? If I don't, do I let one of them die?) and I thought it really added to the game experience. To each their own I guess. :)

Guest Slinky

Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition -75%

IIRC I've seen some comments it was just as buggy mess at launch as the first game was, but any idea has it been patched well enough?

it's buggier than the original at GOG? I'm tempted to buy it, but if it's worse than the 2000 version...

also, Broken Age -66%, maybe I'll buy that instead

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Guest Slinky

it's buggier than the original at GOG? I'm tempted to buy it, but if it's worse than the 2000 version...

I meant the first BG Enhanced Edition, it was a mess when it was released.

Wow, Wolfenstein 50% off.  I'm shocked a game that new got a discount that deep.

Just what I've been waiting for!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

GOG has BG 2 with ToB for 5$, maybe I should just go with that instead

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

As I understood most people's objections are to them touching and adding content to the original games (iirc the cutscene graphics are replaced with new ones and they've added some new companions). I haven't personally tried it though and since I already owned the Gog version I didn't see any need to get the EE.

EDIT: see post below

Edited by marelooke