RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Nice, I'm curious how that game will turn out.

Is it DLC or complete standalone game?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Hah, you can sic worms on your rivals.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, there's nothing like being sold-out to make me want it more. Which is something I never thought I'd say about a Wii U console, with pitiable sales compared to PS and XB ... until now. No news outlets seem to have noticed yet: the Nintendo Wii U Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Edition console bundle is unavailable, sold-out online and in-stores across retailers in the US. Right when I want one, of course, but it's cool, if this means Nintendo is about to crawl back to prominence. 

All Stop. On Screen.

John Carmack' monetisation idea on QuakeWorld (back in the 90's)

“My halfway thought out proposal for a biz plan is that we let anyone play the game as an anonymous newbie to see if they like it, but to get their name registered and get on the ranking list, they need to pay $10 or so. Newbies would be automatically kicked from servers if a paying customer wants to get on. Sound reasonable?”

Never been a big FPS / Quake fan myself, but kind a glad this didn't happened.

Blizzard sent out Heroes of the Storm beta to some... Not to me... ****ers.

But thanks to Capitalism there are all these poor people from poor countries who gladly loan their accounts for money. Paid $1,4 a guy from poland to play HotS on his battle.net account for 1 day. He was so glad like he'd just won a lottery.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

that grenade was indeed holy, to bring down a door you need one hell of a grenade

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I think you could open doors with grenades in JA2 too. But then again, I haven't tried this since ages, because there always had been other ways. For walls on the other hand you needed bigger explosives.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

No, don't think so, they could break glass windows and wooden fences I think, for certain they could destroy shrubbery - but not doors or such hard objects. Other explosives could though, like lockbreaker packs or you just demolished it with C4 or dynamite.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Normal sized hand grenades could be used for opening doors in all JA games.

Sure, but the holy hand grenade not only blew the door open, it also sanctified the splintered remains.  Could a normal hand grenade do that?  Also, what happens if you run into the Rabbit of Caerbannog?  Where will you be with your normal hand grenade then?

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I take it back, someone did notice

Nintendo was selling around 29,000 Wii U consoles per week before “Mario Kart 8” reached buyers. After May 30, more than 130,000 Wii U consoles were sold.

... the game had boosted Wii U sales by 666 percent, with 82 percent of sales from the “Mario Kart 8” bundle.

Since the release of “Mario Kart 8,” the Wii U has outsold the Xbox One. As of June 14, Wii U’s global install base is at 6.4 million. The Xbox One is at 4.6 million and the PS4 is at 8.1 million. The PS4 and Xbox One launched last November, while the Wii U hit shelves in 2012.

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

Guest Slinky

The storyline will be split into seasons (years). Each season will include 4-5 free campaigns (chapters) interconnected by the plot. Each chapter has 3-6 hours of gameplay. We’re currently busy working on the first season. We are planning on issuing five seasons on the release date, including more than 20 free separate chapters—unfolding the story of this grandiose journey from beginning to end. The narration then happens in real time. Every 2-3 months, a new chapter will be released featuring unique “points of no return” and complex decision-making that will affect the storyline.

Sounds pretty cool otherwise, but I'm not the biggest fan of episodic releases, I never remember what the hell happened the last time. Working on the game on their free time only sure explains why they took that route though. Will buy it when the entire game is completely out and if it is good of course.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1892480689/insomnia-an-rpg-set-in-a-brutal-dieselpunk-univers

I excite. You too?

Am thinking of backing this at a high tier.

Neat. I thought they were sort of stuck on trying to get it greenlighted on steam or something.

Picked the disc version.

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1892480689/insomnia-an-rpg-set-in-a-brutal-dieselpunk-univers

I excite. You too?

Am thinking of backing this at a high tier.

The combat looks about as exciting as watching paint dry.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks