What are you playing now

Better Females by Bella is a treat for faces, since the local girls are mostly unpleasant up-close. The basic mod has too much glamazon makeup, though, so I had to get the secondary BFbB: Less Makeup.

While I agree the vanilla Skyrim faces could stand a bit of an upgrade, I'm not looking to turn all women in the game into airbrushed glamour models, and every face replacer mod I've found so far seems to do just that.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finished my second run of South Park: The Stick of Truth. I have now completed every Obsidian Entertainment games at least twice.

Played Torchlight II.

If character progression and no auction house had been a thing in Diablo III, I would have preferred D3, but now I must say that I think I prefer TL2. But not by a big margin. They both have poor writing and a bit too happy graphical styles. The one thing that I like more in Diablo III is that when you hit an enemy, it somehow felt good. It's decent feedback in TL2, not as bad as Path of Exile, but still.

I can't remember what I used when I played, but the only goal was to get rid of the forehead wrinkles (because apparently it's the number of creases on your forehead that differentiates between the human races) and it was unnecessarily difficult to find something that did just that any nothing else.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Thankfully it doesn't translate in-game, they just look like random hotties, not magazine ads. 

72850_2014-06-22_00001_zps136d2fba.png

Still too airbrushed for my tastes.  I want to see pores and/or blemishes.

Also, I was wrong about the unofficial patches causing stability problems.  The unofficial patches are fine, it was the official high res patches clashing with the 2K high res texture mod.  Once I dumped the official high res patches everything ran fine again.

As an aside, I'm using all my willpower to keep from murdering Lydia in cold blood.  She's useful to some degree, but the frequency with which she gets in the way and blocks passageways is insanely irritating.

I've also imposed several rules upon myself while playing:

1) No auto-magic fast travel.  I'm fine with fast traveling by coach, but none of that open up the map, point at a location, poof I'm there stuff.

2) No running in towns unless I'm doing something time sensitive, or the quest description makes it sound time sensitive.  Running down town strrets is for children, not adults.

3) No insta-resting.  I sleep in my own bed, at an inn, or I find a bed or bedroll somewhere.

4) I have at least 2 meals a day.  I also try to balance my meats, grains, and veggies.  An orcish woman needs to eat right to keep her figure.

5) I take my helmet off in towns.  I'm not a guard, no need to wear a helmet and get sweaty when in a safe area.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Still too airbrushed for my tastes.  I want to see pores and/or blemishes.

There's a mod that does a high-quality, attractive-yet-realistic face texture, although I forget what it was called because the name is not in the filename and I can't find it on That Accursed Site anymore (probably because there weren't enough criticism-free furries/animal penises or brown-nosed praise for it on said site.)

Moving on:

I went and got caught by the bait that is Divinity: Original Sin (Beta.) On the fence as to whether or not to regret it (two protagonists and one player controlling both in a poorly-written argument between them in single player is kind of a new low for RPGs, with the corollary that there are possibly similar games I am not aware of.) Eagerly(?) anticipating DLC (esp. Japanese language, for lack of ancient Mandarin, option) for Dynasty Warriors (NA name which shall not be spoken) for PC.

Edited by AGX-17

Companions are useless and unnecessary. Actually ... no, they're good for sacrificing to one of the Daedric gods. Join me ... yes, that's it ... follow me ... closely, now, we're almost to the shrine ... what, no, this ceremonial dagger is nothing. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Companions are useless and unnecessary. Actually ... no, they're good for sacrificing to one of the Daedric gods. Join me ... yes, that's it ... follow me ... closely, now, we're almost to the shrine ... what, no, this ceremonial dagger is nothing.

Sure, in Bethsoft games where the player can be the ultimate Ubergod by level 10 (as is the rule for Beth games.)

I'm just waiting to buy a plot of land and build a house so I can dump my companions there for storage.  Eventually, once I decide to go up to High Hrothgar and unleash the dragons on the world and progress through the main quest and eventually resurrect The Blades, I'll take them all and have them become Blades, that way they're both off my hands and out of my hair, and I can pretend like they're doing something useful, rather than blocking passageways for me.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

This weekend I got into Legends of Grimrock, and I'm really enjoying it. I am only on level 5 so its still early days. This is the first time I have played this type of RPG, what do you classify it as? 3D with tile based movement ? I never played games like M&M before, anyway it look me an hour or two to get into it as the gameplay is obviously very different to other RPG like NWN, Gothic or DA

But now I am loving it, I enjoy the tactical aspect to combat and how you use the grid movement to attack certain enemies in a strategic manner. Its funny but in the beginning of the game I was battling to find 2 keys, I went onto the Steam forums and saw several posts with people also battling to find these particular keys, The suggested help was that the one key was in this room where 3 skeletons come out of these alcoves. So I went back to this room and searched it thoroughly and still no key, I was about to stop playing the game because I thought "this is a bug and I'm not  going to start again" but then I went back to the map and saw an area I hadn't explored. I subsequently went there and found the key. So the moral of the story is "don't always believe what people say on Steam" :)

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've also imposed several rules upon myself while playing:

1) No auto-magic fast travel.  I'm fine with fast traveling by coach, but none of that open up the map, point at a location, poof I'm there stuff.

2) No running in towns unless I'm doing something time sensitive, or the quest description makes it sound time sensitive.  Running down town strrets is for children, not adults.

3) No insta-resting.  I sleep in my own bed, at an inn, or I find a bed or bedroll somewhere.

4) I have at least 2 meals a day.  I also try to balance my meats, grains, and veggies.  An orcish woman needs to eat right to keep her figure.

5) I take my helmet off in towns.  I'm not a guard, no need to wear a helmet and get sweaty when in a safe area.

That would require too much additional clicking and stuff for my taste. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The Stanley Parable

If you consider yourself a gamer, you have to play this game, It's simply amazing. Haven't played something this interesting in quite some time. But I can't say much about it. You have to play this game yourself and it will be worth every dime spent on it. I guarantee it to you guys!

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Good thing I don't play a lot of games online.  My XBox 360 wireless adapter doesn't seem to get along well with my wireless router.  Lately, it will connect for a couple of minutes (if I can manage to get it to connect at all) before disconnecting me from XBox Live.

I'm not sure if it's an issue with my router, or if my XBox 360 adapter is going on the blitz.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

This is the first time I have played this type of RPG, what do you classify it as?

Real-time first-person AI exploiter.  Or maybe enemy circler...probably should add tile-based, as otherwise that would describe Dark Souls, as well (though supposedly Dark Souls 2 is better about this.)

Regardless, one of many examples of why turn-based is the superior system. :p

• Like 1

This is the first time I have played this type of RPG, what do you classify it as?

Real-time first-person AI exploiter.  Or maybe enemy circler...probably should add tile-based, as otherwise that would describe Dark Souls, as well (though supposedly Dark Souls 2 is better about this.)

Regardless, one of many examples of why turn-based is the superior system. :p

Yeah the definition gets confusing :)

But you right, the game is really entertaining and that's all that matters

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm playing Skyrim for the first time in about 2 years.  Luckily, Skyrim runs on Linux via wine pretty much every bit as well as on its native Windows right down to performance being on par, so I can push the game to maximum settings and I can add graphical enhancement mods.  I've been messing around with different mods and am currently using Skyrim 2K HD (higher res textures than the official high res textures), Ultimate Lighting Overhaul (SweetFX settings, more subtle than ENB replacers and far less performance hit), Pure Waters, Pure Weather (as a bonus, makes nights much darker), Splash of Rain, Apachii Sky Hair, Quality World Map, Auto Unequip Ammo (this should have been the default behavior in the vanilla game, why leave the quiver on the back when you don't have a bow equipped?), Caliente Better Bodies Mod with nevernude option (I want bodies to look better, but I don't want a bunch of naked women lying around after I strip corpses of their armor).

Anyone got any suggestions?

I made a list of my favourite mods as reply to a Steam forum post quite a while ago, I still stand by that list (thought it might expand if I were to revisit the Nexus now): http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=33915926&postcount=2

Especially the aMidianBorn retextures are pretty damn awesome (and they're just that, retextures, no changing stats or anything).

• Like 1

The Stanley Parable

If you consider yourself a gamer, you have to play this game, It's simply amazing. Haven't played something this interesting in quite some time. But I can't say much about it. You have to play this game yourself and it will be worth every dime spent on it. I guarantee it to you guys!

Ok, I bought it, so you better be right.  :p

The Stanley Parable

Ok, I bought it, so you better be right.   :p

I second Cat Food's opinion on this one. One of the most pleasing and uniqe gaming experiences i've had in quite some time.

I started building my manor in Falkreath Hold in Skyrim.  So far I've just built the entryway and main hall, plus the bare minimum furniture (a double bed, some shelves, a dining table, some chairs, and a fireplace), plus a stable, animal pen (no animals to put in it yet), and a garden outside.  Now I have somewhere to dump Lydia.  I hope she keeps the place tidy while I'm out there slaying draugers and such.  I left her a broom as a hint.  :p

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Picked up Mount & Blade Warband on the steam sales and have been slowly poking along on that and getting to grips with the setup.

So far avoiding becoming anyones vassal and just exploring the world and chasing bandits and doing the odd quest...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Severance: Blade of Darkness

15 minutes into it: "Wow these controls are so awful and stiff. And wtf is up with all these instant death traps in first level damnit???"

15 minutes ago: "Wow, this place looks like mix between Demon's Souls tutorial stage and Shrine of Storms. Ohmygod help me guys I'm geeking out something fierce!!!"

This game might start out really damn rough and not in terms of difficulty either, but boy does my opinion of it improve with every hour I play. Once I figured how to use my character's unique spear moves, I started getting the handle of this game's combat mechanics and could begin to appreciate just how at home I felt in these well designed dark medieval fantasy levels with ambushes and traps galore. It really does feel extremely Souls-esque at times, to a point where I sometimes wonder if Miyazaki took any inspiration from this game. Not incredibly likely because there is some generic-ness in the things they share, but i would not be surprised.

I'm watching out for boulders rolling downhill, breakable floors with enemies luring me in at the other side, blind corners with enemies waiting to jump on me, arrow trap arrangements on the walls, secrets I can find with some close inspection and risky 3rd person platforming, the works. And when I'm not exploring these stages without a map but only my memory guiding me, I'm dodging away from enemies' strikes and punishing them in the back with my spear.

Not the smoothest movements or animations on my or enemy's side, and the controls aren't the most intuitive (err, how do I drop my crappy shield to take the one the boss dropped?), but this might be the best <2€ I've spent in a short while

• Like 2

Gears of War: Judgment seems to get a harsh rap compared to the other three, but IMO, it's actually pretty fun.  And the story is a lot easier to follow -- probably because of the flashback nature followed up by running commentary about what's about to happen.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Guest Slinky

(err, how do I drop my crappy shield to take the one the boss dropped?)

IIRC hold the throw button and then press the block button.

Yeah, the game can be clunky for sure, but as you are clearly starting to notice it more than makes up for it by sheer bad-assery.