What are you playing now

Got Papers Please during the GOG sale.  I spent the first couple of hours figuring it out.  I used to work in a parking hut many years ago, and it really brought me back.  "Why am I playing this?" I asked myself.  Told my wife about the 'horrible game' I bought, and she laughed at me.  "It sounds like you're playing a job, why would anyone do that?"  She asked.  I said, "I don't know, I told you it was horrible."  

I spent 3 more hours playing it today.

• Like 4

Guest Slinky

Got Papers Please during the GOG sale.  I spent the first couple of hours figuring it out.  I used to work in a parking hut many years ago, and it really brought me back.  "Why am I playing this?" I asked myself.  Told my wife about the 'horrible game' I bought, and she laughed at me.  "It sounds like you're playing a job, why would anyone do that?"  She asked.  I said, "I don't know, I told you it was horrible."  

I spent 3 more hours playing it today.

Glory to Arstotzka!

Heroes of Might & Magic 5: Hammers of Fate

u9lq56A.jpg?1?3309

Worst queen ever. Not only did she nearly doom her entire kingdom to become a world of undead because she wanted to resurrect her dead husband, now she left her kingdom (after giving birth to a DEMON Messiah!) to screw with some dark elf who's been stalking her for her entire life and her most trusted general Godric knows nothing of this, and while she's away, a demonic doppelganger queen immolates countless innocent countrymen, starts wars, and then imprisons, tortures and finally kills Godtier Godric

Bravo Isabel, Bra. Vo.

• Like 1

are you saying she has nice knockers?  :disguise:

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Finished Demonicon and I ended up enjoying it. It's got a fairly interesting main story even though it's rather shoddily told (making the PC say and do dumb things because of *plot* is annoying, or at the very least could've been handled better) and an interesting setting (I wasn't really all that familiar with the world of The Dark Eye, which reminds me that I really ought to start playing Drakensang in earnest).

C&C is limited to binary choices with limited consequences later on, however which is the "good" or the "bad" choice (or whether there is even a good or bad choice) isn't generally clear cut, which is something I rather liked.

Combat is average and magic (aside from the frost bolt that freezes and the knock back ability) seemed rather lackluster.

I've now started playing Remember Me, the combat system isn't something that 's usually my cup of tea so I'm playing it on easy. The camera seems a bit annoying so far and I generally end up using KB+mouse for world exploring and a controller for combat and climbing. The environments look great and the story started off rather interesting so I'm curious where this will go since the game got rather mixed reviews :)

• Like 1

Played a bunch of The Bureau last night after paying 4 bucks for it on the sale. Kind of a mix of Mass Effect and Xcom: Enemy Unknown, but in the 60s, like it so far. Only complaint is some of the weird faces.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Played a bunch of The Bureau last night after paying 4 bucks for it on the sale. Kind of a mix of Mass Effect and Xcom: Enemy Unknown, but in the 60s, like it so far. Only complaint is some of the weird faces.

I actually enjoyed The Bureau quite a bit.  Maybe it was because I played it BEFORE XCOM: Enemy Unknown and had no expectations for what it was supposed to be like.  But it's certainly a game I enjoyed playing through (even did a second play through).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I actually enjoyed The Bureau quite a bit. Maybe it was because I played it BEFORE XCOM: Enemy Unknown and had no expectations for what it was supposed to be like. But it's certainly a game I enjoyed playing through (even did a second play through).

I'm thinking I'm going to have the same problem I had with X:EU, always taking my best guys so when one is injured or dies I'm stuck with a rookie.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I actually enjoyed The Bureau quite a bit. Maybe it was because I played it BEFORE XCOM: Enemy Unknown and had no expectations for what it was supposed to be like. But it's certainly a game I enjoyed playing through (even did a second play through).

I'm thinking I'm going to have the same problem I had with X:EU, always taking my best guys so when one is injured or dies I'm stuck with a rookie.

Take your best guys for the main story missions, level up your other guys during the side quests.  Also, there are missions you can send them on (without you going) where they earn XP.  Just send your newbies on those.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm playing Neverwinter the MMO. If anyone else is interested let me know and we can start a guild.

Lady C and Keyrock are the only two active members who played this MMO, but there may be more who never use to comment :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Oh wow, AoE2HD changed *all* the hotkeys from the original game. Of all the idiotic things a dev could do, arbitrarily changing the control scheme for an years-old established game is the height of idiocy.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Divinity 2. Seems ok although I am reminded of Rift for some reason. Went with a warrior for the first run through but am getting my ass kicked.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh wow, AoE2HD changed *all* the hotkeys from the original game. Of all the idiotic things a dev could do, arbitrarily changing the control scheme for an years-old established game is the height of idiocy.

Actually, I really like the new control scheme...I could never remember any of the hotkeys when I originally played, because the buttons were spread all over the place and random seeming...(and I was also a little kid, but you know, that's probably unrelated...:p) - now it's only according to where they're at in the UI.  :)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Picked up DA2 for the PC.... I'm actually having a lot more fun on the PC because the control scheme is better than it would ever be on the consoles.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm playing Skyrim for the first time in about 2 years.  Luckily, Skyrim runs on Linux via wine pretty much every bit as well as on its native Windows right down to performance being on par, so I can push the game to maximum settings and I can add graphical enhancement mods.  I've been messing around with different mods and am currently using Skyrim 2K HD (higher res textures than the official high res textures), Ultimate Lighting Overhaul (SweetFX settings, more subtle than ENB replacers and far less performance hit), Pure Waters, Pure Weather (as a bonus, makes nights much darker), Splash of Rain, Apachii Sky Hair, Quality World Map, Auto Unequip Ammo (this should have been the default behavior in the vanilla game, why leave the quiver on the back when you don't have a bow equipped?), Caliente Better Bodies Mod with nevernude option (I want bodies to look better, but I don't want a bunch of naked women lying around after I strip corpses of their armor).

Anyone got any suggestions?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Guest Slinky

Anyone got any suggestions?

Here's the modlist I made the last time I was preparing for a new game, I'll add a quick description on some as long I actually remember what it does:

PATCHES:

Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch

Unofficial High Resolution Patch

OneTweak (I think this made the game run in borderless windowed mode, which fixed the stuttering I was getting otherwise)

GRAPHICS:

Better Dynamic Snow

Ruins Clutter Improved

SkyFalls and SkyMills

Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM

Skyrim HD - 2K Textures

aMidianBorn Book of Silence

Pure Waters

Book Covers Skyrim

Enhanced Blood Textures

Detailed Terrain and Tree LoD

UI:

SkyUI

Better Dialogue Controls

Better MessageBox Controls

High Quality 3D Map - Meshes Hi-Res

A Quality World Map - With Roads

RANDOM STUFF:

A Matter of Time (Adds time to hud)

Auto Unequip Ammo

Convenient Horses (Makes the horses, well, more convenient. They won't anymore go berserk and get themselves killed)

No Cleared Cell Respawn and Slow other Respawn (I hate respawning enemies in cleared areas)

No NPC Greetings (NPC's no longer drive the player insane by yapping at you while you walk by)

No Spinning Death Animation (Enemies have a really dump looking death animation, this removes it)

RaceMenu (More stuff in character creation)

Run For Your Lives (NPC's run for cover when dragons attack instead of getting themselves killed)

When Vampires Attack (Same as previous, but for vampires)

One thing you could do is check Gopher's let's play of Skyrim and the modlist he uses for it. The guy spends a lot of time finding good mods, so going through that list is a good place to start.

More, better craftable crossbows is fun, despite its name: Crossbows: Basic Collection. 

Better Females by Bella is a treat for faces, since the local girls are mostly unpleasant up-close. The basic mod has too much glamazon makeup, though, so I had to get the secondary BFbB: Less Makeup.

Would love to see screens of the 2K mod on that card.  

All Stop. On Screen.

Ironically, the unofficial patches, which are supposed to make the game more stable, cause horrific stability issues for me.  The game runs like a champ without them, though. 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finished a TWitcher plathrough favouring the Order, for the first time. And it took some time as well- as I suspected I felt like a Very Bad Person and a Bit of an Idiot at the end of it. Siegfried may be a bro and Yaevinn may be an arrogant... chap but that is literally the only plus in picking the order, all your true bros like Zoltan hate it, you're complicit in genocide, an abject moron for believing Jacques and you've basically been supporting the polish fantasy equivalent of Al Qaeda/ the nazis/ Torquemada. Nice job Order Geralt, you're an utter tool and should be ashamed of yourself.

I actually decided to replay because I hadn't played since TWitcher2 and apart from not having an Order save game I wanted to check how well the two games held together, I was under the impression that the Wild Hunt and other stuff really wasn't foreshadowed much at all in TW1. Overall I think that impression was not entirely correct or incorrect, the foreshadowing is far better than, say, the complete lack of Catalyst foreshadowing in the earlier Mass Effects, but not really enough to suggest that it would be the thread holding the trilogy together.

• Like 1

Papers Please. I gave up now that they have the identity supplements. I was having enough trouble keeping 3 documents in order, 4 there just isn't enough room to check everything. Started letting people through with like 3 discrepencies in their ID.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Papers Please. I gave up now that they have the identity supplements. I was having enough trouble keeping 3 documents in order, 4 there just isn't enough room to check everything. Started letting people through with like 3 discrepencies in their ID.

Ha! I actually didn't have too much trouble with the game - I made it to like day 20 without ever really having any problems, (I think a family member got sick once, but I had enough money to cover it). I think properly setting things up before the day starts and making sure you don't get frazzled is probably one of the biggest factors to not falling behind, (being good at memorizing stuff so you don't have to keep checking through the stupid book is great, too).

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.