What are you playing now

Well, it's time for me to go rescue Philippa out of the dungeon at Loc Muinne.  I'm going to go through the sewers rather than get myself purposely arrested.  The getting arrested method is easier and much quicker, but I'd rather go through the sewers and take out whatever monsters are down there, in hopes of getting a greater mutagen or two.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I never finished TW2 with the Iorveth play through, to be honest. I started it for the third time since release, but I just find it extremely hard to get motivated in that chapter 2. All the caves and paths and stuff, I find it so extremely annoying. I really want to play through this, but damn... The Roche path was not such a pain for me.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I also bought the elf fairy romance game but have yet to play it. Can't wait to dig into it tomorrow as I've become a bit of a fan of Spiders

It looked interesting but apparently the publisher decided it wasn't successful enough to warrant a successor. Which wouldn't be such a big deal if it weren't half a story ending in a (or so I've been told by pretty much everybody who's finished it) major cliffhanger with a big fat "to be continued sign" sitting on it.

Will developers never learn to not do the major cliffhanger thing. You'd think they'd have learned after HL2Ep2...

Needless to say I passed it up, maybe I'll get it once it's really dirt cheap in a sale or possibly when/if they ever decide to finish the story.

The spacing/pacing of the side missions in Watch Dogs is lacking.  I just finished Act II (finished the first mission in Act III), and every single side quest mission is done.  There's still the fixer contracts, but the various investigations are done.  In my opinion, they could have paced it better so some of the investigation locations show up each act.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Played 6 hours of Faery and seem to be in the final bit of the game. So overal it will probably end up as 8 hours of gameplay, including me being unable to find some npcs and searching for them.

Enjoyed it a lot so far, so it is a shame it isn't longer.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Another thing that I dislike about Watch Dogs is how when you're being pursued, it's so easy for the other cars to run you off the road.  Doesn't matter what size car you're in and what size car they're in, the game makes it seem like you're in a mini and they're driving a tank.

IMO, a bad design decision in order to add challenge to the game.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished Transistor, great game, on pair with Bastion. The only thing I dislike is that you have to do a new game+ to finish all the challenges (tests) and gather all the info. As new game+ doesn't bring anything new to the story except a few new info's on characters, I have no desire to replay it.

Other then that I found the game fun and the story engaging.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Finished The Witcher 2 for the 6th time, Iorveth path.  To the best of my knowledge, I saved/let live the maximum amount of people I could going all the way back to TW1.  We'll see what effect, if any, that has on The Witcher 3: Beard of Glory.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Another thing that I dislike about Watch Dogs is how when you're being pursued, it's so easy for the other cars to run you off the road.  Doesn't matter what size car you're in and what size car they're in, the game makes it seem like you're in a mini and they're driving a tank.

This is not true. When I drove as big car, I could drive through the other cars like they were made of papier mache. I once even crushed a pursuing car against the concrete wall on a highway until it exploded.

When I drove the Fiat 500 equivalent, they did the same to me.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I saw Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers for less than the price of a cup of coffee on Steam, so I scooped it up, figuring what have I got to lose?  I played it for a little while and so far I like it.  It's a pretty neat little physics puzzler, plus it has a really great soundtrack.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Finished Faery - Legends of Avalon.

Yes, I can understand the people who are furious about the abandoned plans for the rest of the trilogy. The game is great. I enjoyed it a lot. But just cutting the story off at the major decission and even prompting players to save their choices for the next game... argh.

I spend 9 hours on it, though that includes getting lost...

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

What else is comming out in the 3d iseometric RPG genre. There was Blackguards, but that was a turn based hex-tile think of thing. Anything  from the kicktstarter spree done soon ?. - Wasteland ?

Divinity: Original Sin (scheduled for 30 June now)?

Wondering what the "other things that will become clear soon" reason for the delays is, Gog's new service?

Finished Faery - Legends of Avalon.

Yes, I can understand the people who are furious about the abandoned plans for the rest of the trilogy. The game is great. I enjoyed it a lot. But just cutting the story off at the major decission and even prompting players to save their choices for the next game... argh.

I spend 9 hours on it, though that includes getting lost...

That confirms what I heard, alas. Thanks for confirming it (and hopefully a second part does get made at some point)

Edited by marelooke

Wondering what the "other things that will become clear soon" reason for the delays is, Gog's new service?

I think you're confusing the Original Sin delay with the Unrest delay? Larian have been pretty clear from the outset the reason for their delay (mainly voice stuff), whereas the Unrest devs are the ones who used that line. The best guess however is that they don't want to release during the Steam sale, because that would completely swamp their game under all the sale hype.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

This is not true. When I drove as big car, I could drive through the other cars like they were made of papier mache. I once even crushed a pursuing car against the concrete wall on a highway until it exploded.

When I drove the Fiat 500 equivalent, they did the same to me.

I was driving one of those Ram 1500 equivalent pickup trucks, and was trying to follow some guy when he called in reinforcements.  His reinforcements were driving four dour sedans, and every time they attempted to run me off the road, they easily pushed my car where they wanted it to go.

I was driving one of those Ram 1500 equivalent pickup trucks, and was trying to follow some guy when he called in reinforcements.  His reinforcements were driving four dour sedans, and every time they attempted to run me off the road, they easily pushed my car where they wanted it to go.

You should have driven a Ford F150.

_CCFnP3gEGk___KGrHqR__iwE0FwCJVIbBNKB3U4

:shifty:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Finished Wolfenstein, a good game all told with some great fun and yet surprisingly tragic scenes, a very good continuation of the series. That said as a shooter I thought the new Shadow Warrior was superior in terms of gameplay and innovation, even though it's been largely ignored.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

You should have driven a Ford F150.

_CCFnP3gEGk___KGrHqR__iwE0FwCJVIbBNKB3U4

:shifty:

I should kill you for posting that image given wattersons view on merchandising/commercializing of Calvin and Hobbes

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

What else is comming out in the 3d iseometric RPG genre. There was Blackguards, but that was a turn based hex-tile think of thing. Anything  from the kicktstarter spree done soon ?. - Wasteland ?

I think Underrail might meet that description. Also Xenonauts is out, but it's more of X-com game. Age of Decadence should be done this fall.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Shin Sangoku Musou 7 Mushouden Complete.

I absolutely ****ing refuse to dignify "Dynasty Warriors 8: X-TREEM RADICAL LEGENDS OF THE BADASSITUDINAL BADASSITUDE (COOLER THAN SONIC THE HEDGEHOG CIRCA 1993,) RADICAL AIR GUITAR DUDE DEEDOODEEDOO-DEEEEEEE (THE SOUND OF MY RAD AIR GUITAR, DUDE! TUBULAR!)" by referring to it by its aforementioned official NA/EU name with any degree of seriousness/lack of derision.

Want to stab the guy who came up with that title in the neck Wang Yi-style.

I should kill you for posting that image given wattersons view on merchandising/commercializing of Calvin and Hobbes

He has actually responded to the phenomenon in at least one interview; the number of ****s he gives is close to zero.

Edited by AGX-17

Shin Sangoku Musou 7 Mushouden Complete.

I absolutely ****ing refuse to dignify "Dynasty Warriors 8: X-TREEM RADICAL LEGENDS OF THE BADASSITUDINAL BADASSITUDE (COOLER THAN SONIC THE HEDGEHOG CIRCA 1993,) RADICAL AIR GUITAR DUDE DEEDOODEEDOO-DEEEEEEE (THE SOUND OF MY RAD AIR GUITAR, DUDE! TUBULAR!)" by referring to it by its aforementioned official NA/EU name with any degree of seriousness/lack of derision.

He has actually responded to the phenomenon in at least one interview; the number of ****s he gives is close to zero.

FYI Samurai Warriors 4 is coming to america this year too... And DW8 Empires (with Xun Yu confirmed)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.