What are you playing now

Previous thread.

Last posts:

Finally getting around to Saint's Row 4 and loving the dubstep gun

Been playing it as well.  I know folks are all about Watch Dogs right now, but SR4 is just on a different level from all the other sandbox games.  

I've tried going back to it a couple of times, but I feel it's a regression from the previous game in almost every way. It starts off well enough but once the superpowers came in, the gameplay completely fell apart. In the end I think I'd rather play SR3 over than play SR4.

Identifying a couple of the bigger complaints I guess - the almost complete loss of visibility and positional sense during fights due to the super sprinting ability (and the expectation that it be used), and the platforming bits, notably tower climbing.

I have started a second playthrough of SR4 and am having a lot more fun than I feared I'd have. I am so not gathering all the clusters again though ;)

I liked it, but I'll have to agree with Humanoid - the powers basically took some of the fun out of the game. I loved customizing bikes, cars etc, but they were beyond redundant.

It was a very succesful jab at Infamous, The Matrix and Prototype and I thoroughly enjoyed it for that, but gameplay wise it suffered compared to SR3.

-

And back to playing Distant Worlds, reloaded before the pirates raped me and managed to take them out by being patient and letting them attack outlying mining facilities. As they tried to raid my world, my heavy armed fleets were ready. As they didn't have to move this time, the pirates were decimated (quite literally as about 1/10 survived).

Fortune favors the bald.

ShadySands

I just got a  Nintendo handheld thingamawhatsit and I'm looking for some game suggestions

It came with the following three games which I know nothing about

Bravely Default

Fire Emblem Awakening

Pokemon X

I'm open to pretty much anything as I'm trying to branch out of the rather narrow range of games I play now which is limited to western rpgs and strategy games

You got there two of the best games ever released on Nintendo stuff.

Bravely Default is what Final Fantasy was about before Squaresoft - Enix merger. Highly recommended. And Fire Emblem has been praised on this forums so many times that even without ever playing that game, I know it is pure JRPG love.

Other stuff, hmm Dragon Quest IX, Final Fantasy III, Sonic RPG (last good Bioware game imo :p) and some Zelda (there are few) could be some games you might like on this handheld.

Other than that? If the game is made by Nintendo, there is big chance it might be very good game, most of the 3rd parties have no clue how to make good games for their systems.

aaaand Ace Attorney is something some people love, but no clue if it is localized in english...

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

You got there two of the best games ever released on Nintendo stuff.

Bravely Default is what Final Fantasy was about before Squaresoft - Enix merger. Highly recommended. And Fire Emblem has been praised on this forums so many times that even without ever playing that game, I know it is pure JRPG love.

Other stuff, hmm Dragon Quest IX, Final Fantasy III, Sonic RPG (last good Bioware game imo :p) and some Zelda (there are few) could be some games you might like on this handheld.

Other than that? If the game is made by Nintendo, there is big chance it might be very good game, most of the 3rd parties have no clue how to make good games for their systems.

Funny how you've just listed nothing but 3rd party games for a Nintendo system  ;)

Both the OoT remake and A Link Between Worlds are stunning 3DS games.  A Link Between Worlds isn't ambitious, but what it does it does EXTREMELY well.  In my books A Link Between Worlds is the best Zelda since Majora's Mask.

Pokemon, the two Zeldas, Fire Emblem and Default are absolutely top tier killer apps for the 3DS atm.  Luigi's mansion and a few others site at a lower tier. 

Edited by Urthor

SR2 was superior?

I would say it was...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I think SR2 has a more.. cohesive storyline in general. SR3 was a bit more patchy in that regards. But SR3 was a lot more balls out crazy in general in regards to all the things you could get up to.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I love SR3 and SR4 but I'd agree that in general I probably enjoyed SR2 best (but then it was my gateway drug to the SR universe).

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Completly unable to beat this boss in Van Helsing 2. It is a huge spider that births tiny spiders. There are also half a dozen eggs that continuously birth tiny spiders. The rate these spawn is so high that they completly fill every inch of the ground, making it impossible to move and eventually taxing the system so much (as it tries to spawn basically an infinite number of spiders) that the game crawls to a slideshow of the player dying.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I think SR2 has a more.. cohesive storyline in general. SR3 was a bit more patchy in that regards. But SR3 was a lot more balls out crazy in general in regards to all the things you could get up to.

I don't know... While SR2's story was more serious, it had some wickedly weird side-quests like a total all-murdering cop on the weirdest assignments or ****ting all over houses to lower their value that were sorely lacking in SR3.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The COPs spoof was one of my favorite mini-games in SR2; it was sorely missed in 3 & 4 for me.

The septic tank minigame...I never found it fun.  Had trouble keeping the controls going correctly (but I sucked at driving anyhow).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I actually like the super powers as it makes some of the more mundane activities like getting from point A to point B more interesting for me. I will admit I still drive occasionally just to listen to the radio

Free games updated 3/4/21

I actually like the super powers as it makes some of the more mundane activities like getting from point A to point B more interesting for me. I will admit I still drive occasionally just to listen to the radio

You know you can still listen to the radio while on foot in SR4, right?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I never did find all the "crazy" stuff in SR3 or SR4 all that fun.  Never did play SR2 after being warned off the PC port constantly, though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Did not know that

and I was getting so good at driving normally with the flow of the rest of the traffic

Free games updated 3/4/21

Did not know that

and I was getting so good at driving normally with the flow of the rest of the traffic

You haven't lived until you've ran at hyper speed, jumped hundreds of yards into the air, and soared around Cyber Steelport while listening to Stan Bush ~ The Touch.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

And Fire Emblem has been praised on this forums so many times that even without ever playing that game, I know it is pure JRPG love.

was our thinking that fire emblem games were squad-based tactics/strategy rpg games with some very limited rpg elements beyond the character development/leveling options. were for hand-helds.  is the new fire emblem more o' a traditional jrpg? 

honest question as we hasn't played a fire emblem game since... fire emblem... the one from 2003/4ish.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Fire Emblem: Awakening is still a squad-based tactics game.  The only real choice is in matching character up in battle to develop relationships; the stronger the relationship the better stats that pairing characters up gives.  A line of friends of equal level or so to the enemy is going to squash them (provided they have decent weapons and you allow for particular class weaknesses).

Within the relationships are the ability to marry characters; married character's children from the future will appear in the present and can be recruited to make the army bigger and these characters have stats and skills derrived from the parents (and if the parent has been more than one class, they may have quite the skill list to inherit).

Edited by Amentep

With the Pirates & Stuff DLC I once again started a new Rome 2 game. So many people rage about Rome 2, but for me, it's currently my most played game since last september. Steam says 150 hours, which is quite a lot for me.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Currently playing New Vegas and trying to decide whether to go with guns or energy weapons.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Guest Slinky

Currently playing New Vegas and trying to decide whether to go with guns or energy weapons.

Why not both? Cowboy Repeater needs only 25 in guns, .357 bullets are plenty and it's effective all-rounder even without the cowboy perk. With that you can pour most of your skill points into energy weapons and go nuts.

On to ME2, I think I might just bail knowing Daddy Issue Missions await.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why not both? Cowboy Repeater needs only 25 in guns, .357 bullets are plenty and it's effective all-rounder even without the cowboy perk. With that you can pour most of your skill points into energy weapons and go nuts.

Hmm, maybe I'll try that. Medicine Stick and a Gatling Laser sounds fun.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands