Late Submitted Backer Survey (Name + T-Shirt) Question

So... I was a couple of days overdue for submission for my Survey for the t-shirt and end credits name that I wanted to display, which is unfortunate... but to my question (this is all from memory btw, I've been meaning to ask but am only getting around to it now):

When submitting the survey a little pop up window displayed stating that due to being outside the deadline anything I submit may not make it into the final game (that was roughly what the message said).

So... will I be penalised do you think? I only was submitting a shirt size and the name I wanted displayed so I figure my chances of getting the name added in are still ok. I just wanted to check or get some info from anyone in the know.

I know, I know... should've completed it on time, I was umming and arring about the t-shirt size (I'm Aussie and aware that t-shirt sizes are different in the states) but I didn't, so oh well...

Silver

Edited by Liquid_Silver11

I believe they did. Contact support and they should be able to sort you out. If you had an NPC you might not get in until the Expansion, although if it's an item you might be lucky as I believe they're still doing those (making them).

Edited by Sensuki

I believe they did. Contact support and they should be able to sort you out. If you had an NPC you might not get in until the Expansion, although if it's an item you might be lucky as I believe they're still doing those (making them).

No, it was just the in-game memorial I was concerned about, but I figure that should be okay. I don't think I'm that late...

I'm pretty sure the Memorial stones were due in March.(3months ago) I also had one, but decided I had nothing worthwhile putting on one without putting meta-game immersion breaking text. So decided to leave it blank, didn't want to make the game worse or have Obsidian forced to use a made up language to disguise in-game graffiti - which if it doesn't add to the lore or at least remain relevant to the setting - that's exactly what it is - me tagging the game.

Figure your pretty late Ink Blot, don't think you're going to have any luck getting your memorial stone in there friend. Cheers and good luck regardless.

If your contribution isn't a lot of work (some text, or a name or something), you're probably fine. If it's an inn/whole character/elaborate item, they might not get it in there. But, even then, that's still a very strong "might." They could find themselves with an extra week to spare with some artists, etc, or a week behind, towards the end there.

I'd definitely just let them know ASAP, though, if I were someone who just realized I hadn't filled it out. Which the OP did, it would seem, so I wouldn't worry too much.

As for a physical good like a t-shirt, unless you wait like a YEAR too long, you're probably just looking at a shipping delay at worst.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I think they should've offered surcoats, or cloaks (or both), instead of T-shirts.

Seriously, the next major Kickstarter game (set in any medieval-ish era) needs to offer legit hooded, waterproof cloaks, in place of jackets/hoodies.

I'm not always serious... but when I am, it's hard to tell I'm not joking. :)

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

If your contribution isn't a lot of work (some text, or a name or something), you're probably fine. If it's an inn/whole character/elaborate item, they might not get it in there. But, even then, that's still a very strong "might." They could find themselves with an extra week to spare with some artists, etc, or a week behind, towards the end there.

I'd definitely just let them know ASAP, though, if I were someone who just realized I hadn't filled it out. Which the OP did, it would seem, so I wouldn't worry too much.

I'll toss them a heads up. It's just a bit of text, but it's something that I feel is more than worthwhile. Another forum member stated a long while back that his brother had recently died and would have loved a game like PoE, as he loved games like this and was an avid RPG/CRPG fan. But the member in question couldn't afford to pledge enough to do this. The story touched my heart, so I offered to mention his brother's role-play name in my text block as a way to have him somewhat immortalized. I'll shoot myself in the face if I'm too late for this to get in.

• Like 3

^ That's a worthy tribute, if ever there was one. Not that I can offer any kind of assurance or anything, but it seems to me like (especially given the nature of the text) they'll probably be able to work this in, even though it's a little late.

Definitely go ahead and contact them via the pledge management page or what-have-you (maybe it's just regular ole Obsidian Support?) and just let them know what happened. I'm hopeful that all will be well.

Thanks for the replies guys, so I might just shoot Obs an email just to double check that what I submitted will make it, you guys give me hope though so all should be good.

Also Ink Blot, you should definitely get that submitted, that's a very noble thing to do IMO. Good on you :-)

Silver

I think they should've offered surcoats, or cloaks (or both), instead of T-shirts.

Seriously, the next major Kickstarter game (set in any medieval-ish era) needs to offer legit hooded, waterproof cloaks, in place of jackets/hoodies.

I'm not always serious... but when I am, it's hard to tell I'm not joking. :)

The best Kickstarter rewards I've seen have come from the people doing Kingdom Come:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/posts/749535

I generally think of all those "collectibles" as a bunch of cheap junk, but that stuff is awesome.

Yeah, honestly, I'm not much for stickers and art prints (although some are REALLY cool) and buttons and such. T-shirts, I'm a fan of. And awesome figurines and stuff that urge me to use the word "art" instead of "merchandise."

Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying all the merchandise stuff is dumb or anything. I just personally don't prefer a lot of the things a lot of the Kickstarter projects offer as the tiers go up. Sometimes, I'm just like "Can I give you more money, and just get the rewards I want?"

Sometimes, it feels like if you go from a $15 pledge to a $40 pledge, you get like 73 more physical items. 8P

*checks out link to Kingdom Come*

Wow... yeah, that stuff's pretty shnice. :)

Edited by Lephys

I'll toss them a heads up. It's just a bit of text, but it's something that I feel is more than worthwhile. Another forum member stated a long while back that his brother had recently died and would have loved a game like PoE, as he loved games like this and was an avid RPG/CRPG fan. But the member in question couldn't afford to pledge enough to do this. The story touched my heart, so I offered to mention his brother's role-play name in my text block as a way to have him somewhat immortalized. I'll shoot myself in the face if I'm too late for this to get in.

You have my promise that we will get that in for you. Just fill out your survey and we will make sure the memorial gets added in.

• Like 11

You have my promise that we will get that in for you. Just fill out your survey and we will make sure the memorial gets added in.

Thanks so much, Brandon. I sent in a support request and got a reply that it will be in as well. Can't tell you how much I appreciate this, as I was kicking myself for possibly missing out on it.

... *slow clap*

Seriously, though. You's good people.