Another Storyline Theory

The most recent Sion identity thread suggests a number of interesting speculations who the Sith Lords may be (which in turn imply other things to the obsessed mind who can't help making up TSL plots for himself).

Let's assume that Sion is indeed 'King Ommin'; OR, that Sion is modeled after him. That is: A former Dark Side sorcerer who suffered a terrible trauma, and in overcoming the affliction, grew stronger than he hoped to become. This much at least is pretty much in tune with what we see on the official site.

Now: This answers the question, at least for one Sith Lord, concerning 'what the Sith Lords were duing during Malak's reign'. Sion was busy advancing his mastery of the Dark Side. By sheer power of will, he was so successful that he not only managed to get himself upright, but also became strong enough to be considered a Sith Lord.

He proceeded to inquire what had happened during the time he spent 'recuperating', and found out that powerful Sith Lords had either:

-(Kotor LS ending) taken advantage of a weakened republic, to destroy the Jedi, and cripple the republic

-(Kotor DS ending) somehow sent Revan into exile, and pursued attacking the republic and the Jedi themselves [more about this below]

Now [and this was brought up long ago by I think Dark Wanderer]: It has been mentioned by the devs. that we meet Sion a number of times throughout the game. The first, presumably, is when the main character has not yet attained enough power to kill Sion ---so why, one wonders, during that encounter, he doesn't kill us?

Keeping in mind the latest speculations on Sion, the answer could be that being a 'minor Sith Lord' yet -just out of the hospital-; *Sion is seeking an apprentice* to bring down the other Sith Lords. So he's got plans of his own, and once he becomes aware of our (i.e. another emerging, promising force-user) presence, he tries to trick us into the Dark Side to become his right hand. This explains why he doesn't kill the main character on the first encounter; and why we get to meet him more than once: He's trying to convince us.

And: Having a hand in the political strife on Onderon, he could be trying to establish a school of his own (the shoulder-robed guys), again to fight both the other Sith Lords, and the remains of the Republic, with the additional help he would get from his new 'academy' -or at least, band of strong followers.

So, here are the Sith Lords:

Darth X: The masked guy. This one is the strongest; so much that his initial plans were to let the upstart Malak destroy the republic with his 'toy', the Star Forge, and only then to wipe out Malak, to become the master of a Jedi-less galaxy. He could not foresee, that Revan was indeed alive, though. As soon as Malak was out of the way, he attacked: Revan countered the attack, but mysteriously, he became lost during the conflict. (Works with both Kotor endings) Darth X was thus not only 'weakened' by Revan, but he now had competing Sith Lords to deal with as well.

Darth Y: This could be anything. The former apprentice to the masked guy who declared independence? A powerful Dark Jedi? A 'freelance' Sith Lord like the others? Master of a special sort of Magic which makes him invincible, though he may not be the greatest of Sith, whatever.... Darth Y(s) took advantage of the power vacuum after the fall of Malak, and stepped on the scene.

Darth Sion: The minor Sith Lord, who was out of the whole thing for quite a while; he's trying to catch up with the other guys. He's the most sinister one and works in secret. He needs either to have a strong apprentice, or to have an army. He approaches the main character, with the intention of taking him on as apprentice. His covert activities on Onderon (remember the latest Game Spot interview which does mention that we meet Sion in some underground realm on Onderon) are also directed towards a similar end.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Not a bad theory, but there's one thing that I thought of that might keep Obsidian from this type of path. That is, the difficulty of playing DS then.

If your scenario is correct, then that means that Sion is our opportunity to join the Sith. Assuming we agree to join him, that means that playing as a DS character, we'd not only have to fight the Republic and any scattered Jedi, but also the Sith who are loyal to the other Sith Lords. In other words, we'd be fighting against BOTH sides. Whereas if we turn down Sion's offer, we'd only be fighting against the Sith, since we'd still be loyal to the Republic and the Jedi.

That's not to say that I wouldn't like this idea. I just think that Obsidian might want to steer clear of making the DS harder to play through than the LS.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think that's a good point.

The only thing I can come up with is that perhaps the Jedi are really *too* weak, and that except for a great master whom we'd encounter towards the end of the game (why not the WHC?), we don't really get to fight any powerful Jedi at all.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Pretty good, I am curious though, who is "Darth Y", since I only know of Sion and the Masked Darth. If one played the DS path in KOTOR I find it hard to believe that Revan, especially having reached such great power and with such a weapon at his disposal, could have been easily removed or defeated. I honestly think the Masked Darth might be Revan. I know they said Revan and Malak are missing and dead respectively, but I just find it hard to believe Revan was taken out. Then again the masked guy might be like some uber Sith lord. I would have to imagine Scion is infinatly more powerful then we think, his body is crushed and by all means should be dead, but he is able to hold it together and still be a capable Sith Lord.

As a side note if I were a Sith lord I would much rather have my capitol and training facility on Onderon instead of Korriban.

As another side note, can anyone picture that guy who played Anakin in episode two as Vader. Somehow a tantrum throwing wus just doesn't seem to convey the power of Vader.

I honestly think the Masked Darth might be Revan.  I know they said Revan and Malak are missing and dead respectively, but I just find it hard to believe Revan was taken out.

What I 'made up' above was that the Masked Guy and Revan fight right after Kotor. It explains the 'exile' for both the LS and the DS Revan. If LS, then he fought to defend the republic; got badly injured, or something else happened, and he had to go to a remote system. If DS, then obviously he fought for his own 'empire'.

It could be that later on in the game, we meet Revan, to learn about our deadliest foe, the Masked Guy.

The theory also explains why an 'uber-powerful' Sith Lord has rivals: It is because the fight with Revan weakened him.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I honestly think the Masked Darth might be Revan.  I know they said Revan and Malak are missing and dead respectively, but I just find it hard to believe Revan was taken out.

What I 'made up' above was that the Masked Guy and Revan fight right after Kotor. It explains the 'exile' for both the LS and the DS Revan. If LS, then he fought to defend the republic; got badly injured, or something else happened, and he had to go to a remote system. If DS, then obviously he fought for his own 'empire'.

If that is the case then yeah it could be just some very advantageous, and increadibly powerful Sith. Wouldn't it be odd if the person you played turned out to be Revan again (that would probably be bad). It is true that rivalries would make it hard for even the most powerful Sith lord. Sion does look like one mean guy though.

Pretty good, I am curious though, who is "Darth Y", since I only know of Sion and the Masked Darth.  If one played the DS path in KOTOR I find it hard to believe that Revan, especially having reached such great power and with such a weapon at his disposal, could have been easily removed or defeated.  I honestly think the Masked Darth might be Revan.  I know they said Revan and Malak are missing and dead respectively, but I just find it hard to believe Revan was taken out.  Then again the masked guy might be like some uber Sith lord.  I would have to imagine Scion is infinatly more powerful then we think, his body is crushed and by all means should be dead, but he is able to hold it together and still be a capable Sith Lord.

As a side note if I were a Sith lord I would much rather have my capitol and training facility on Onderon instead of Korriban.

As another side note, can anyone picture that guy who played Anakin in episode two as Vader.  Somehow a tantrum throwing wus just doesn't seem to convey the power of Vader.

Maybe Darth Y is a Nazi. That would make u happy wouldn't it. :D

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Not a bad theory, but there's one thing that I thought of that might keep Obsidian from this type of path.  That is, the difficulty of playing DS then.

If your scenario is correct, then that means that Sion is our opportunity to join the Sith.  Assuming we agree to join him, that means that playing as a DS character, we'd not only have to fight the Republic and any scattered Jedi, but also the Sith who are loyal to the other Sith Lords.  In other words, we'd be fighting against BOTH sides.  Whereas if we turn down Sion's offer, we'd only be fighting against the Sith, since we'd still be loyal to the Republic and the Jedi.

That's not to say that I wouldn't like this idea.  I just think that Obsidian might want to steer clear of making the DS harder to play through than the LS.

I don't think this would necessarily make it harder. I think it just means you won't have to fight Sion; which makes me wonder, who's more powerful, the Republic, Or Sion's Sith?

Not a bad theory, but there's one thing that I thought of that might keep Obsidian from this type of path.  That is, the difficulty of playing DS then.

If your scenario is correct, then that means that Sion is our opportunity to join the Sith.  Assuming we agree to join him, that means that playing as a DS character, we'd not only have to fight the Republic and any scattered Jedi, but also the Sith who are loyal to the other Sith Lords.  In other words, we'd be fighting against BOTH sides.  Whereas if we turn down Sion's offer, we'd only be fighting against the Sith, since we'd still be loyal to the Republic and the Jedi.

That's not to say that I wouldn't like this idea.  I just think that Obsidian might want to steer clear of making the DS harder to play through than the LS.

Good point but you say that turning him down would make the DS easier, how is that possible? if you join sion then surely the DS becomes easier as you will have sion and his followers AND the republic on your side, i mean why would the republic need to know you had sided with sion? remember old palpy?

Good point but you say that turning him down would make the DS easier, how is that possible? if you join sion then surely the DS becomes easier as you will have sion and his followers AND the republic on your side, i mean why would the republic need to know you had sided with sion? remember old palpy?

I didn't say it would make the DS easier, I said it would make the DS harder if his idea was implemented, unless there's a typo in my post I didn't catch.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Pretty good, I am curious though, who is "Darth Y", since I only know of Sion and the Masked Darth.  If one played the DS path in KOTOR I find it hard to believe that Revan, especially having reached such great power and with such a weapon at his disposal, could have been easily removed or defeated.  I honestly think the Masked Darth might be Revan.  I know they said Revan and Malak are missing and dead respectively, but I just find it hard to believe Revan was taken out.  Then again the masked guy might be like some uber Sith lord.  I would have to imagine Scion is infinatly more powerful then we think, his body is crushed and by all means should be dead, but he is able to hold it together and still be a capable Sith Lord.

As another side note, can anyone picture that guy who played Anakin in episode two as Vader.  Somehow a tantrum throwing wus just doesn't seem to convey the power of Vader.

Korroban might not have as much potential as Onderon does, but think about this way; which is easier to get a hold of and keep control? A planet where there is relatively few people, or a plenet would with hundreds of them? Then again, Onderon would be definitely the better investment, but I wouldn't want it necessarily as a starting place.

I didn't say it would make the DS easier, I said it would make the DS harder if his idea was implemented, unless there's a typo in my post I didn't catch.

thats what i mean, wouldnt joining sion make it easier instead of harder

you missed the point of my thread. my point was that if you join Sion (thus become DS), you would not only have to fight against the Republic and Jedi, but also the other 2 Sith Lords and their factions.

If you turn Sion down (choose LS), you'd still have the Republic and Jedi on your side and only had to face the Sith.

My point was if you go DS, you'd have TWO enemies and no friends. If you go LS, you'd have ONE enemy and ONE friend.

Another brilliant thread with an amazing theory... Bravo! My feeling is that Revan did take on the Masked Lord (#1 Lord) and they both came to a draw. Do you remember Malak's saying "Master versus apprentice"? Do you think this would have anything to do with their fight? What about Revan's wipe of memories? Only visions of the Star Maps and his capture were remembered nothing else. What if the emergence of these Sith Lords was there but never brought up or "bubbled to the surface". What of these memories.

you missed the point of my thread.  my point was that if you join Sion (thus become DS), you would not only have to fight against the Republic and Jedi, but also the other 2 Sith Lords and their factions.

If you turn Sion down (choose LS), you'd still have the Republic and Jedi on your side and only had to face the Sith.

My point was if you go DS, you'd have TWO enemies and no friends.  If you go LS, you'd have ONE enemy and ONE friend.

I consider each Sith Lord has THREE separate enemies. But I do see your point IF it turns out they are one WHOLE enemy. If they are three separate and competing sith lords, I don't see how the fighting against republic would be that many more enemies.

LS Would be: You + Republic vs. Darth Sion vs. Darth X vs. Darth Y

DS would be: You + Darth Sion vs. Republic vs. Darth X vs. Darth Y

However, if we consider the Sith Lords are united as a whole, then:

LS would be: You + Republic vs. The Sith Lords

DS would be YOu + Sion vs. Republic vs. Remaining Sith Lords

LS Would be: You + Republic vs. Darth Sion vs. Darth X vs. Darth Y

DS would be: You + Darth Sion vs. Republic vs. Darth X vs. Darth Y

However, if we consider the Sith Lords are united as a whole, then:

LS would be: You + Republic vs. The Sith Lords

DS would be YOu + Sion vs. Republic vs. Remaining Sith Lords

That is the exact same thing!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Not really, if you think about it.

The first one shows COMPETING Sith lords.

The second one shows a UNITED, or a SEMI-UNITED sith lords.

I think what needs to be considered is, given the 'theory' of this Topic, the possibility of rejecting Sion's offer as a DS character. OR, the possibility that my apprentice theory is just crap : )

Then, the balance alters

Doh, I never considered you could go against everyone on your own, never thought about that.

Not really, if you think about it.

The first one shows COMPETING Sith lords.

The second one shows a UNITED, or a SEMI-UNITED sith lords.

I think what needs to be considered is, given the 'theory' of this Topic, the possibility of rejecting Sion's offer as a DS character. OR, the possibility that my apprentice theory is just crap : )

Then, the balance alters

Doh, I never considered you could go against everyone on your own, never thought about that.

No its exactly the same. In either case it is either you and the republic against the rest or you and Sion against the rest. How is that different?