Good old fallout, now-one cares if slaver is black or white, as long as I can stuff myself with psycho and go berzerg on those pesky childrens in Den, god I hate them so much :)

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I am interested how they will approach this in PoE. Consider its time period, slave trade would likely be taken for granted as a normal and necessary feature of society, at least in places like Vailia where I assume they are prominent its economy.

• Like 1

I love this discussion though I'm far too low-level to comment on any specific authors. I do find the world building very satisfying up til this point though, it's getting meatier and avoids the more grievous of cliches and stereotypes. Hopefully the game wont be too "gamey" and strike a balance in how it immerses us in its world.

I'm hoping it wont go too high fantasy nor be afraid to step into the darkest recesses of our nature.

Edited by Gyges
  • Like 2

...without going grimdark for the sake of grimdark. That's about how it's shaping up AFAICT.

I gotta say ASoIaF struck that golden middle point for me, it's loosely based on the War of the Roses so that sort of explains it. Besides that, anyone wanting to make this sort of world should read Dan Carlin's books Hardcore History. He doesnt leave out the ugly middle bits that tends to get lost in the big picture of history.

The culture and the general world-building is really what hooked me in to this series. I was of course interested when I heard it was a isometric crpg in the tradition of BG but the changes to the traditional rpg tropes is pretty refreshing and I hope will shake things up a little bit, but I might be overly optimistic, but I can hope!

Anyhow, the more I learn about the cultures, the history, the world of this game, the more excited I am.