Update 79 Pushed Until 05/28

Whoops. sorry about the typo on the update number. I will change that up.

BRANDON, Y U RUINING THE MEME?!?

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Wouldn't it just be easier to make an Update thread saying "We are going to release our updates on Wednesdays at 10:00 AM Pacific Time now" instead of going with "The next update is being pushed"...? Going by when Update #78 came out, Update #79 (5/28) isn't even being pushed. It's coming out on scheduled time.

I think because it's not actually a scheduled thing, officially, until they decide it will be, which Brandon mentioned in this thread as being under consideration, currently.

There are two possibilities: Either they'll just continue to sometimes push one back from Tuesday, as needed, or they'll move the scheduled time for all of them to Wednesday. Right now, they're still scheduled on Tuesday. Just because 2 in a row have been pushed back doesn't mean they all will be, yet.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

@Osvir:

I understand, but...

We are also in discussions about permanently moving the updates to Wednesday mornings. Once we have a definitely answer we will let you guys know.

I guess I'm just confused, since they said that, exactly, and then you basically said "wouldn't it be easier to just announce that you're moving them to Wednesday?". It probably would, which is probably why they're discussing that. That seems reasonable. "Hey guys, we've had reason to hold off on the update until Wednesday on two occasions in a row, now. Is this due to recurring factors, or was it just a two-time thing?"

I'm just not sure if suggesting they should address what they're already addressing is going to achieve anything. *shrug*

I'm not trying to be an arse about it or anything. I'm just answering literally. I dunno if you didn't notice that talk of that was included in the first post, perhaps.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Haha, Messier already adressed my blunder as well, which I answered. At first I posted it because I thought I had read it in some other thread, but I couldn't find it, so I started thinking "Maybe I didn't read it...?", so I thought I'd suggest it or at least show some sort of support for the idea.

Then as it turns out, it was in this thread all along :p

Nah I'll be up late anyway. I like to catch the 'buzz' of an update. There's usually a few hrs of good discussions across the various forums, and sometimes the devs are online to answer questions.

• Like 3