Hello, 

can anyone post here where and how Josh confirmed moon godlike race? I just spotted it on wiki but link to source leads to forum where I dont have any access.

Thanks

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Well I do remember one of the devs stating the reason Moon Godlike's are named as such is not because of a Lunar deity, but simply because they like to wear their trousers at half mast.

• Like 12

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Here is the quote:

No one actually knows for certain that godlike are created by divine intervention. Their appearances suggest strong alignment with certain deities -- e.g. there are godlike who exhibit physical properties associating them with the moon and water, which are both aspects of Ondra -- but there is no direct proof or divine confirmation.

In the npc backer survey you could also choose moon godlike, that's the reason they are called moon godlike in the wiki.

Edit: the quote is from the current thread in the Something Awful forums. here(behind a paywall).

Edited by Prometheus

The official info page is a typo. It's "Moo'n" godlike. It's a bovine deity. 8)

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

So do bored human teenagers in PoE tip these godlikes when they're asleep? Will there be a cutscene or option to participate in the tipping? When playing a Moo'n godlike can you be tipped as a random encounter? 

"You know, there's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it"

"If that's what you think, you're DOING IT WRONG."

No I'm pretty sure it's moon. Like the planetary satellite. There's no bovine deity in this game. I don't think that's right.

Here is the quote:

No one actually knows for certain that godlike are created by divine intervention. Their appearances suggest strong alignment with certain deities -- e.g. there are godlike who exhibit physical properties associating them with the moon and water, which are both aspects of Ondra -- but there is no direct proof or divine confirmation.

In the npc backer survey you could also choose moon godlike, that's the reason they are called moon godlike in the wiki.

Thanks Prometheus, do someone know if there is more information about Ondra deity?

Edit: the quote is from the current thread in the Something Awful forums. here(behind a paywall).

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Thanks Prometheus, do someone know if there is more information about Ondra deity?

I don't think there is much more information about Ondra. The dyrwoodan renamed a district of defiance bay after her, because a phenomenon associated with her, helped them to destroy many aedyran ships. So it's likely that we will see some Priests of Ondra in Pillars of Eternity. See quote below from Something Awful forums(behind a paywall).

As far as most people know, there is one moon, Senn Beläfa (or Ondran Beläfa, "Ondra's Beloved", but most people just call it "Beläfa"). It is smaller than Earth's moon but closer to the planet and has a faster orbit. Tides in some coastal areas are more extreme than on Earth. Though uneducated people are unaware of it, there is also a second moon called Cawldha Dev (Glanfathan for "Black Runner"). It has a very fast and irregular orbit. When circumstances are right (wrong), Beläfa and the Cawldha Dev create what the Glanfathans call "Lovers' Tides", which are catastrophically destructive. During the Dyrwoodan revolution, the Glanfathans predicted a Lovers' Tide and helped the colonists use it to their advantage when the Aedyran navy attacked Defiance Bay (then New Dunryd). A huge number of Aedyran ships were destroyed and the ancient adra levee facing the Pearlwood Gulf was broken, creating the still partially-flooded district now known as Ondra's Gift.

Edited by Prometheus

No I'm pretty sure it's moon. Like the planetary satellite. There's no bovine deity in this game. I don't think that's right.

Perhaps it's not a cow, but... That's No Moon:shifty:

• Like 1

`This is just the beginning, Citizens! Today we have boiled a pot who's steam shall be seen across the entire galaxy. The Tea Must Flow, and it shall! The banner of the British Space Empire will be unfurled across a thousand worlds, carried forth by the citizens of Urn, and before them the Tea shall flow like a steaming brown river of shi-*cough*- shimmering moral fibre!` - God Emperor of Didcot by Toby Frost.