So, since Paradox is taking up the mantle as Eternitys publisher and therefore now responsible for all things marketing, how big are the chances that there will be somekind of PoE presence at E3?

Maybe just a general press release with some stock screenshots? Interviews? New stuff?

Or am I perhaps uninformed and Paradox is usually never present at E3?

Speculation is welcome, hard facts even more so!

I suspect Bryy is correct.  There will be a presence but it will probably just be a new trailer showing off some new stuff and more combat.  Maybe a few demo booths where you can play a small area with multiple combat encounters in it using a set party.

I suspect Bryy is correct.  There will be a presence but it will probably just be a new trailer showing off some new stuff and more combat. 

Just?

Huh, to me, getting new video material is as far as I dared to hope.

In hindsight it's true, but it honestly didn't occur to me before that you could search for all the exibitors on the official E3 website.

..maybe someone can write to the guys at "Honest Trailers", and have them make an epic voice-over for PoE, just for E3: "Coming to you this year. A game no publisher would touch. From a developer whose work is known in the games-media as poison. A game no one on this convention floor will admit they like, or even play. A game that does not use the Unreal Engine, or is a shooter. A game so hated it will be reviewed to death long before the actual release-date. A game with words and sentences. That you have to read. And sometimes think about".

• Like 2

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

..maybe someone can write to the guys at "Honest Trailers", and have them make an epic voice-over for PoE, just for E3: "Coming to you this year. A game no publisher would touch. From a developer whose work is known in the games-media as poison. A game no one on this convention floor will admit they like, or even play. A game that does not use the Unreal Engine, or is a shooter. A game so hated it will be reviewed to death long before the actual release-date. A game with words and sentences. That you have to read. And sometimes think about".

Totally hear that voice in my mind right now.

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Sony Conference: "Please welcome, Obsidian's Josh Sawyer."

Sawyer (Walking out on stage) "Hey great to be here. You know Obsidian was founded by the same people that created some of the great tactical party based RPGs of the nineties like Fallout, Baldur's Gate, and Icewind Dale. And with our project Pillars of Eternity we aim to bring that feeling of deep tactical combat in an expansive, isometric story based RPG back into the modern day. And we want as many people to come along for the ride with us. So today I am proud to announce that Pillars of Eternity will be coming to the Playstation 4 in two thousand fifteen. For a sneak peek, here's a look out our latest trailer..."

Cue trailer.

Edited by Frenetic Pony

Sawyer (Walking out on stage) "Hey great to be here. You know Obsidian was founded by the same people that created some of the great tactical party based RPGs of the nineties like Fallout, Baldur's Gate, and Icewind Dale. And with our project Pillars of Eternity we aim to bring that feeling of deep tactical combat in an expansive, isometric story based RPG back into the modern day. And we want as many people to come along for the ride with us. So today I am proud to announce that Pillars of Eternity will be coming to the Playstation 4 in two thousand fifteen. For a sneak peek, here's a look out our latest trailer..."

Cue trailer.

Too lively for E3.

Not enough wood.

Sawyer (Walking out on stage) :

"Hey, I just flew in from Irvine, California, and boy are my arms tired."

*BA DUM TS*

• Like 2

Full Control already did this, sort of.

• Like 2

"Maybe your grandiose vocabulary is a pathetic compensation for an insufficiency in the nether regions of your anatomy."

*BA DUM TS*

I'm pretty sure you mean:

"Hey, I just levitated in from Irvine, California, and boy is my mana drained."

• Like 3

Sawyer (Walking out on stage) "Hey great to be here. You know Obsidian was founded by the same people that created some of the great tactical party based RPGs of the nineties like Fallout, Baldur's Gate, and Icewind Dale. And with our project Pillars of Eternity we aim to bring that feeling of deep tactical combat in an expansive, isometric story based RPG back into the modern day. 

It's ok. But this is probably right before everyone in the room falls over with uncontrollable fits of laughter. ..Might as well have Sawyer doing his "extremely rational and pedagogic explanation" thing, in full zombie makeup. (I'd still pay good money to see that).

Hahaha, aweseome :D "Explosions! Cars! Car explosion!"

• Like 1

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

*BA DUM TS*

I'm pretty sure you mean:

"Hey, I just levitated in from Irvine, California, and boy is my mana drained."

You're both wrong. It was:

"Hey, I just rolled a Pun check versus this audience, and boy was it a 20!"

Also, the first quarter-to-half of the trailer would have to be a bunch of extremely brief scenes of people saying stuff like "A storm is coming...", and "I know ex-ACT-ly what this world needs...", complete with "In a world..."-style text-slides in between, along with a slow-motion rolling die. Then, when the dice stop, cue the 2nd, mostly-explosions portion of the trailer. Just a bunch of people shouting "NO!" while dramatically outstretching their hands, etc., while stuff explodes around them. Orcs attacking a village, HOUSES EXPLODE! Cut to an Elf performing a 73-hit-combo on 15 foes surrounding him. Cut to a split-second of love-making. Cut to some huge army lining up. Cut to the "you don't really know he's the bad guy yet" bad guy slowly turning around to face the camera while simultaneously smiling.

BLACK SCREEN!

Some female voice calmly speaks some philosophically cryptic/thematic phrase, like "What can so few hope to do in the midst of such power...?", as some character lights a torch in the blackness, and it slowly burns up to full brightness, showing a hint of something in the dark. As he steps closer, it turns out to be a dragon eye. CUE DRAMATIC ORCHESTRAL HIT/CONCLUSIONARY MUSIC AS THE SUPER AWESOME 3D LOGO CONSTRUCTS ITSELF IN SOME AWESOME, MAGICAL FASHION!

Annnnd that's a wrap.

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 3

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Is it the publisher or the developer that exhibits the title in development though? I don't know these things...

I did a search on new Paradox titls though, and they announced this in January. Is it common for a company to exhibit more than 1 title on E3?

http://n4g.com/news/1442694/paradox-interactive-announces-new-rpg-runemaster

EDIT: Wikipedia link some more intel on Runemaster (Release Date Q4)

Edited by Osvir

Lephys that game sounds awesome who's it by. Is it the new ip from ea I'm so excited. The dragon eye in the dark really sold me.

It's actually EA's new Tetris reboot.

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iTYLBQ_lq2A

What a wonderful surprise (its been a while since I visited the forum) is the game any good?

Also, the first quarter-to-half of the trailer would have to be a bunch of extremely brief scenes of people saying stuff like "A storm is coming...", and "I know ex-ACT-ly what this world needs...", complete with "In a world..."-style text-slides in between, along with a slow-motion rolling die. Then, when the dice stop, cue the 2nd, mostly-explosions portion of the trailer. Just a bunch of people shouting "NO!" while dramatically outstretching their hands, etc., while stuff explodes around them. Orcs attacking a village, HOUSES EXPLODE! Cut to an Elf performing a 73-hit-combo on 15 foes surrounding him. Cut to a split-second of love-making. Cut to some huge army lining up. Cut to the "you don't really know he's the bad guy yet" bad guy slowly turning around to face the camera while simultaneously smiling.

BLACK SCREEN!

Some female voice calmly speaks some philosophically cryptic/thematic phrase, like "What can so few hope to do in the midst of such power...?", as some character lights a torch in the blackness, and it slowly burns up to full brightness, showing a hint of something in the dark. As he steps closer, it turns out to be a dragon eye. CUE DRAMATIC ORCHESTRAL HIT/CONCLUSIONARY MUSIC AS THE SUPER AWESOME 3D LOGO CONSTRUCTS ITSELF IN SOME AWESOME, MAGICAL FASHION!

Annnnd that's a wrap.

Michael Bay, is that you? :brows:

You know what your trailer lacks? The thrilling sounds of *BWAAAAAA*

Even when you think it's over, suddenly *BWAAAAAA* ... right in the kisser.

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 1

Does anyone ever pronounce the 'T' in 'exactly' ... I always hear egg-ZACK-ly. Also, Wenz-day.

You think that's an issue? Poles tend to pronounce 'th' as an 's'.

sink, instead of think

bersday, instead of birthday

Smis, instead of Smith

The horror. The horror...

7637_3.jpg

BLACK SCREEN!

Annnnd that's a wrap.

Michael Bay, is that you? :brows:

You know what your trailer lacks? The thrilling sounds of *BWAAAAAA*

Even when you think it's over, suddenly *BWAAAAAA* ... right in the kisser.

Cut to the main character waking up to find himself on a stone slab in a mortuary.

BAM!!!

PS:T'd *and* Shyamalaned at the same time.

Yeah, that just happened.

• Like 1

Nothing gold can stay.

"What a wonderful surprise (its been a while since I visited the forum) is the game any good?"

Mor:

Well a lot of features are still missing but the basics are there and it has potential. The first major update will probably show the directions it's headed. The guys at Bear's pit, especially Shanga have played with the level editor, which seems to be a real asset on the long run. In other words, the game seems to be relatively easy to mod. However, I wouldn't buy the early access for 40 euros, yet. Unless you are super hardcore and want to play with the editor. I happen to be an alpha backer so I play it time to time and report bugs etc. As I said, the first bigger patch should make the game more enjoyable. I'm hopeful that the final product will kick ass. 

Edited by Forlorn Hope

"Maybe your grandiose vocabulary is a pathetic compensation for an insufficiency in the nether regions of your anatomy."

God I've been waiting for that my whole life. I hope it free to play with micro transactions and available on my iPhone.

We're actually going with nano-transactions. For 5 cents, you can hit a button that just clears a line for you, you know, for when the constraints of the actual puzzle gameplay become tiresome, but you still want to feel like you're overcoming something. And you can play it on your PAGER! 8D!

Cut to the main character waking up to find himself on a stone slab in a mortuary.

BAM!!!

PS:T'd *and* Shyamalaned at the same time.

Yeah, that just happened.

The Shyamalan-ation is that you're actually the slab, and the slab was the character waking up on you. O_O

• Like 1