Game Breaking Bug: Ebon Hawk ID Signature quest will not resolve properly--anyone know how to fix this?

Essentially, the plot-critical quest "Ebon Hawk ID Signature" is broken. Everything seems to work up until the cutscene that plays with the Ebon Hawk taking off... only instead of the story advancing, the game plays an incorrect cutscene from earlier in the story (some Duros(?) bounty hunters in the cantina, discussing the Exchange' trap). After the wrong cutscene plays, the party respawns in front of the Ebon Hawk--still on Nar Shaddaa--and the events with the droid repair shop are "reset." 

So, I can go back to the droid guy and request a new ID signature, but the quest is no longer active, and I'm unable to obtain a new ID signature because I no longer have the blank ID card. And, of course, there's no way to leave the planet because the Ebon Hawk demands a new ID signature.

I'm playing the game with the Sith Lords Restoration patch... and even then I've encountered dozens of bugs. I've always heard people praise KOTOR2 effusively, but this is the second game-breaking bug I've found and if I can't find a way to get around it I'm just gonna give up entirely. So, please--help me out, would ya'?

I'm thinking that I might be able to fix it by changing some of the global variables with the save editor--like the thing causing this might be that the wrong cutscene that plays might be assigned a "0" instead of a "1" or something--I don't know. I'm really desperate for help here... evidently, no one else in the whole Internet has had this problem, going by Google search results.

Yes, your assumption is correct.

What version of TSLRCM do you use? This is usually from using an older save after installing TSLRCM rather than a fresh game.

You can enable cheats and in the invisible console (without quotes) type "warp 351nar"

What other gamebreaking bug DID you have? Or other bugs? Pretty odd to have using TSLRCM I would say...

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem, but i can't get it fixed through the Warp cheat because i simply can't use the cheat console.

I know it's invisible but it doesn't work, i press the  ' key and still have control over my PC, my keyboard is set to Brazilian Portuguese, i've tried every key and it doesn't work, also chaged it to US but it still doesn't work, i have the EnableCheats=1 in my ini file and KSE won't let me change my Module, i have found some Warp Armband mods, but every link to download them is dead.

The only solution left is using the warp command, i've been searching for almost 2 hours now and no solution to the console not working has worked for me yet.

TSLRCM is up to date as well, if you can help me i would really appreciate that.

I don't want to lose my save with over 30 hours of gameplay...

I have the same problem, but i can't get it fixed through the Warp cheat because i simply can't use the cheat console.

I know it's invisible but it doesn't work, i press the  ' key and still have control over my PC, my keyboard is set to Brazilian Portuguese, i've tried every key and it doesn't work, also chaged it to US but it still doesn't work, i have the EnableCheats=1 in my ini file and KSE won't let me change my Module, i have found some Warp Armband mods, but every link to download them is dead.

The only solution left is using the warp command, i've been searching for almost 2 hours now and no solution to the console not working has worked for me yet.

TSLRCM is up to date as well, if you can help me i would really appreciate that.

I don't want to lose my save with over 30 hours of gameplay...

I have found a solution to the Console Command not working while searching for my saves to uninstall the game.I'll post the solution here in case someone has the same problem as i did.

Turns out that the .ini file in the KotOR 2 directory is not the "real" one, i mean, it doesn't affect the game (at least mine).

Exemple: if the game is set to windowed mode and you change the value in the .ini to 1, it simply won't affect the game and it still will start in windowed mode for some reason, so the EnableCheats=1 line also wasn't affecting the game.

I aslo noticed my 'Saves' file was empty, and searching for them (I had given up on the game and was going to save them to uninstall the game) i stumbled across an old forum that said to click on the 'Compatibility FIles' on top of the window and for my relief, my true Saves file was there with my saved games, but with them, there was a swkotor2.ini file...

Turns out that, like the Saves file, it was the "true" .ini that actually affects the game (I don't know why it was hidden there but i'm happy i found it) and adding the EnableCheats=1 line worked and then i only had to find the key that opened the Console for me wich was Shift+´ but my keyboard is brazilian, so i had to change it to US for it to work.

I hope this solution helps everyone that might have the same problem.

And thanks, Hassat Hunter, the Warp code worked and you saved me 30 hours of gameplay.

You're probably not the administrator of your PC and using Vista or higher right?

It's some weird Windows stuff if it hides your saves and ini away... :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

• 8 months later...

I have exactly the same problem. I don't have swkotor2.ini in compatibility files casuse I don't have compatibility files at all:( I can't find a cheat console. My saves file aren't empty... I'm not so good with computers and I don't know what to do... 

I have exactly the same problem. I don't have swkotor2.ini in compatibility files casuse I don't have compatibility files at all:( I can't find a cheat console. My saves file aren't empty... I'm not so good with computers and I don't know what to do... 

install TSL Cheat and Warpband,that armband can teleport you to different modules among other things without the need of using the console,it's a pain in the ass to type correctly with the invisible console.

unless someone mods the game to make the console commands visible.

it may be as Hussat Hunter said,you reloaded a old save that didn't have the mod at the time,it's always recommended to start a fresh game after installing it.

other mods you have installed? it may even be a mod conflict

the console commands in KOTOR 2 work,only that the text is invisible and it's harder to know what you're typing

you'll understand that the console is working when you'll see that your character doesn't move anymore or responds to commands

Edited by DarthDeven

I know that console works but not for me... I don't now how to open it. I heard that when you open console character stops moving. My character moves all the time even when i'm add  "EnableCheats=1" line in my kotor2.ini file and typing ~ or shift + ` or any other keys... 

I installed game then updates and mods I have original game from a special edition of some magazine in our country. In 'our" internet everybody says that there is no problem or conflict with the game or mods. I started a new game and don't install anything more that those 2 mods TSL and droid planet m4 something. It's just one stupid cutscene that shouldn't be there. 

What is tsl cheat? what is warpband? Where can I find it? Is there any instruction for beginners?:)

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/TSL_Warp_amp_Cheat_Band;73877

Some keys disable the command console again, to make sure just hold W and see if you move forward. Also remember to use backspace before entering cheats, sometimes the ~ is also added there ruining the command. The proper command is

warp 351nar

^

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem. I have latest TSLRCM and have been playing with just that single mod. However the warp command doesn't work. I just get to main menu, warping to another module works though.

I have also verified steam file cache without any problems.

I have the same problem, the game doesn't teleport me to goto's yacht.

However the warp 351nar command just boots me to the game main menu, other warp codes works perfectly.

I have done a file check in steam without any problems found.

Please advise what to do now, I have an older savegame 2 hours back so I would rather not replay that again.