Xboc 360 freeze.

tjripp

Question

The game freezes on the same part everytime. When I try to create a character the menu goes crazy and the avatar is blank or naked. Then when I "complete" the character creation, the screen goes blank and never comes back up. I've saved the game to my HD. Same problem. I returned the original disk. deleted all the old files and tryed again with a new one. Same problem. Is there some internal issue with my xbox 360? I'm at a loss.

4 answers to this question

I've had the exact same problems and tried the same things in an attempt to fix the issues.

I posted about this 10 days ago and nobody from Obsidian has replied to me whatsoever (Thread here: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/66180-freezing-at-every-loading-screen-xbox360/)

It's clear Obsidian do not care about the quality of the titles they release, to put this out and expect people to pay for a game that is simply unplayable and do nothing is insulting. 

Hey guys,

It is hard to narrow down exactly what may be going wrong here. Of course many people have been able to successfully play the game on their Xbox, so I would think it could potentially be something unique to your Xbox unit. Does the game just go into an unresponsive state, and then you need to hard reset your Xbox before you can run it again? If possible, please make sure you have completely cleared out any game cache, uninstall the game data, and try reinstalling to the hard drive.

Let us know what Xbox you have as well. Which model is it, what hard drive does it have, etc.? 

Additionally, if you happen to have another Xbox or friend's Xbox you could try the game on, that would help us understand if it is an issue with your copy, or your hardware setup. 

Thanks,
Matt

Mine is an Xbox 360 Elite from 2008, the console runs all other games I own perfectly including content heavy games such as GTA V. IT has a 120GB hard drive with 88.4GB of space still free.

I have removed all the game data multiple times but still get freezing within the first 5 minutes of gameplay, the game sometimes becomes completely unresponsive and will only turn off by turning off the power at the mains, other times the loading icon switches between frozen and moving but the game will not progress (Longest I have left it to do so is way over an hour). 

Hey guys,

It is hard to narrow down exactly what may be going wrong here. Of course many people have been able to successfully play the game on their Xbox, so I would think it could potentially be something unique to your Xbox unit. Does the game just go into an unresponsive state, and then you need to hard reset your Xbox before you can run it again? If possible, please make sure you have completely cleared out any game cache, uninstall the game data, and try reinstalling to the hard drive.

Let us know what Xbox you have as well. Which model is it, what hard drive does it have, etc.? 

Additionally, if you happen to have another Xbox or friend's Xbox you could try the game on, that would help us understand if it is an issue with your copy, or your hardware setup. 

Thanks,

Matt

why bother to ask for information and then when you get a reply, ignore it for months, this game was a complete waste of my money and your company has awful customer service. I've now owned a game I am unable to play for half a year.