Dragon Age: Inquistion

Original magisters? Whu?

The ones that created the very Darkspawn? Was that cut from the orignal campaign in DA2?

It actually makes sense for it to be DLC, since adding it to the main story (especially in a half baked shell) would have been way too much.

• Like 1

So.. since the Inquisitor you play is the sole-survivor of some tear in the Veil that kills thousands.. and no-one actually knows who the Inquisitor is, what are the odds you'll turn out to be Morrigan's baby all grown up?

Or have we already had that throw in and I missed it? :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

what are the odds you'll turn out to be Morrigan's baby all grown up?

Zilch seeing as you can play as a qunari/kossith/vashoth/what-ever-the-****-they-call-them-now.

Ah, I don't really see that as an issue , since you emerge from the Fade.

Seriously, Morrigan's kid, exposed to a archdemon's soul and growing up in the Fade? Who says it's going to have to grow up and look like a straight out human/elf/dwarf?

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

The Inquisitor turning out to be Morrigan's kid sounds a bit cliche. 

Not to mention that Morrigan's kid would only be about ten years old, and as others have said they'd have to do a lot of gyrating that wouldn't be received very well to make it work.

Heh, I'm not grasping at it, I'm just idly poking.

It's a bit cliché, but then, cliché happens.  :shifty:

Wouldn't that make it kind of awkward when you're talking to Morrigan as her son if you also romanced her in the original game? Would that blur the boundaries between myself and my character, making making the Inquisitor his own dad? They should go with that option and break the 4th wall, it's actually surprisingly complex when you delve beneath the surface. 

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 1

Wouldn't that make it kind of awkward when you're talking to Morrigan as her son if you also romanced her in the original game? Would that blur the boundaries between myself and my character, making making the Inquisitor his own dad? They should go with that option and break the 4th wall, it's actually surprisingly complex when you delve beneath the surface. 

Good point, I did Romance her in the original and she said she loved me at the end. So even the thought of Romancing her again would feel weird

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Wouldn't that make it kind of awkward when you're talking to Morrigan as her son if you also romanced her in the original game? Would that blur the boundaries between myself and my character, making making the Inquisitor his own dad? They should go with that option and break the 4th wall, it's actually surprisingly complex when you delve beneath the surface."

It shouldn't be awkward if you are a half decent role-player since they are two different characters. No different than actors who play siblings than go on to play a couple a mere few months later.

That said, as mentioned above, it's unlikely considering you couldn't play a horned freak in DA1.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What if it's like a Norman Bates scenario and "Morrigan" is actually the player dressed as his mother? Those early screenshots were a bit mannish and who's to say what Morrigan should look like in Frostbite 4.

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 1

The Inquisitor is Morrigan's kid from the future who drives around in a DeLorean.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

am gonna assume that meeting one of the original magisters were part of the dlc for da2, 'cause while our memory is thankful fuzzy regarding da2, we don't recall that encounter in da2 main game.

HA! Good Fun!

You meet one in one of the DLC, and meeting him clarifies that the Architect from Awakening was one too.

I thought one of the books clearly stated the Architect was a born "mutant" darkspawn?

The internet tells me the only mention of the Architect in the LEGACY DLC is if the player killed the Architect, Anders (IIRC) indicates that the Warden-Commander knew that intelligent Darkspawn weren't to be trusted (or some such).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

am gonna assume that meeting one of the original magisters were part of the dlc for da2, 'cause while our memory is thankful fuzzy regarding da2, we don't recall that encounter in da2 main game.

HA! Good Fun!

You meet one in one of the DLC, and meeting him clarifies that the Architect from Awakening was one too.

I thought one of the books clearly stated the Architect was a born "mutant" darkspawn?

The internet tells me the only mention of the Architect in the LEGACY DLC is if the player killed the Architect, Anders (IIRC) indicates that the Warden-Commander knew that intelligent Darkspawn weren't to be trusted (or some such).

Dosen't that fly in the face of what the architect says?

"Oh we were always like this but keep getting enslaved to our base desires and then to the Dragon... I've just found a way to stop those base desires!"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Dosen't that fly in the face of what the architect says?

"Oh we were always like this but keep getting enslaved to our base desires and then to the Dragon... I've just found a way to stop those base desires!"

Not quite. He's talking about his Awakened. He stops them from hearing the call of the Old Gods, which has all sorts of other benefits like them being able to take control of their own behavior. Or just go nutters.

The Architect is essentially an awakened emissary who has never heard the call.

He never said anything about "we were always like this."

Edit: He might have questioned doctrine though, it's hard to say. One theory is that he's a magister reincarnated since we know they can do that.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Would a Quanari fit in a DeLorean? I could imagine the horns being a bit of an issue whenever he tried to get out.

He's in a DeLorean. He can go back to a time when Qunari had no horns- ie pre 2010- and that problem is solved. It's a pretty good way of dealing with any continuity issues. Decapitated Leliana after defiling the Ashes, as every second person seems to have? Nope, Marty McQun went back and stopped you, so she can be in the subsequent games with no problem.

Well not really as he'd be confined to the Dragon Age universe which includes retconning, the DeLorean can't do interdimensional travel. He might be able to go back and run over the first Quanari with horns though assuming that there were Quanari without horns before the Quanari with horns dominated the gene pool. That would mean that the Quanari with horns never bred horns into the Quanari population so he would never have had horns and would be free to leave the DeLorean. 

Edited by Serrano

Ah, but Many Worlds theory suggests it's entirely possible to create parallel universes via time travel, which is travelling between dimensions. From that it is only a small jump to travel to fictional universes, because if you have infinite branching possibilities then everything is true somewhere. Now, I have to admit to not having read Doctor Brown's dissertation on the topic recently, but if you have a Qunari and a DeLorean together then logic dictates that one or the other has to have travelled interdimensionally since Thedas is a pre industrial society which has yet to invent the internal combustion engine let alone a flux capacitor while there was a known absence of Qunari in early 80s Belfast or the mid 80s USA.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum!

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 2