Hoops 14-15

Rosbjerg

Old thread here.

So, after the top teams, minus Miami, struggled in the 1st round, all the teams that were supposed to make it to the conference finals made it to the conference finals.  I wasn't surprised when the Thunder struggled with the Griz, because Memphis is a nightmare matchup for OKC and Tony Allen is KD's kryptonite.  I was a little surprised when the Pacers struggled with the Hawks, despite the fact that the Pacers looked like garbage during the last month of the season, simply because the Hawks aren't even a mediocre team.  I was very surprised when the Spurs struggled with the Mavericks because, outside of Dirk (and Dirk didn't even play well during the series), that Mavs roster is a cobbled together hodgepodge of castaways duct taped together.  Kudos to Rick Carlisle for getting them to play as well as they did, and kudos to Sergeant Vincent Lamar Carter for the revival he's had this year.

In the end, the top 2 seeds in both conferences weathered the early storm and made it to the conference finals (likely saving Frank Vogel and Scotty Brooks' [i'm still not a fan of Scotty Brooks] jobs in the process).  

In the East, I still don't trust Indiana at all.  They've showed some signs of getting their **** together in the Washington series, but they've also laid down some EPIC stink bombs.  Prediction: Miami in 5

In the West, San Antonio is far and away the better coached team, and they a plethora of experience, but OKC has been to the conference finals 3 of the last 4 years, they have tons of experience as well, so nobody really gets an edge in that department.  Overall, I think San Antonio is a better team, but OKC is the worst case scenario matchup for them due to their athleticism.  Prediction: OKC in 6

Yeah, it was weird how things worked out, but the top 4 teams are in the final four (I'm sure a couple of other teams could make a case they belong in the convo but oh well).

MIA in 6

OKC in 6

But, would not be surprised if either goes to 7. And, Indy beating MIA would be an upset. SA beating OKC would not be.

And, Indy beating MIA would be an upset. SA beating OKC would not be.

Agreed.  I would be shocked if Indy beat Miami.  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if San Antonio beat OKC.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Just like that the Thunder's chances of winning the title may have just evaporated.  Hopefully it;s not as bad as they think and he can come back before the end of the playoffs.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Useless player is useless. The only players that matter to OKC success is Durant and Westbrook.All others are wannabe trash coasting on their coattails. PERIOD.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

15 points, 9 rebounds, and 3 blocks per game.  Clearly useless.  One of the 10 best defenders in the league.  Also useless.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Useless player is useless. The only players that matter to OKC success is Durant and Westbrook.All others are wannabe trash coasting on their coattails. PERIOD.

Yup. Useless. OKC = Durant + Westbrook. PERIOD.

R00fles. Well it's definitely true now.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Not exactly a news flash, but Kevin Love wants out of Minnesota.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--sam-mitchell-emerges-as-minnesota-candidate-with-kevin-love-s-future-undecided-074004019-nba.html

I keep hearing grumbling here in the Bay Area about proposing David Lee and Harrison Barnes for Love - which is absolute bollocks. Why would Minny ever agree to that? But then, if Love is threatening to walk, it may appear more palatable- otherwise risk getting nothing in return.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Indiana took Game One over Miami 107-96. This is the best Pacers offense I've seen all year. There was some actual ball movement and...SCORING!

• Like 1

Not exactly a news flash, but Kevin Love wants out of Minnesota.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--sam-mitchell-emerges-as-minnesota-candidate-with-kevin-love-s-future-undecided-074004019-nba.html

I keep hearing grumbling here in the Bay Area about proposing David Lee and Harrison Barnes for Love - which is absolute bollocks. Why would Minny ever agree to that? But then, if Love is threatening to walk, it may appear more palatable- otherwise risk getting nothing in return.

Can't blame him.  Why would a California guy want to stay in the frozen tundra to play for a garbage team?

Indiana took Game One over Miami 107-96. This is the best Pacers offense I've seen all year. There was some actual ball movement and...SCORING!

Indy did look impressive, the best they've looked in months.  It's just one game, though.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

No team can beat the Spurs when their offense is grooving like they were tonight. They run their system and just execute, execute, execute, like a Diablo 2 Mephistopho-Run bot. (Un)fortunately, they don't have too many bad nights.

The Spurs offense is team basketball pron. I'm giddy with excitement over how Steve Kerr is going to bring elements of Pop's system, The Triangle, and bring Run N Gun back to the Warriors next year.

Watched the OKC - SA game. Wow the Spurs rally are dominating. I suspect the thunder will be harder to beat back home but at this point I don't think the spurs can be stopped.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Tony Parker has been eviscerating OKC's interior.  Not a huge surprise, given that OKC is without their best interior defender, but there's still no excuse for getting that thoroughly dominated.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Hey, MR. MVP, it's time to show you are legit. Hom,e game. game 3. No excuses. Win it  or expect all the people who blew your horn this year to start bashing you. Because, idiots think  a team sport is all about one single player. LMAO

I don't know what kind of super steroids they shot up Serge with that he's back this quickly, but I hope they have more of those super steroids for before game 4.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Well, we got us a brand new, 3 game series between San Antonio and OKC.  With Serge back in the lineup, OKC has its athleticism edge back, and that's really hard for San Antonio to deal with.  On the other side of the country, the Eastern Conference Finals, unsurprisingly, are basically over.  Miami has yet to play a start to finish great game against the Pacers, but they haven't needed to.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Things are getting interesting in this series. Ibaka is definitely having a major impact.

"Miami has yet to play a start to finish great game against the Pacers, but they haven't needed to."

Uh, yes they have. That was game 4. I love it. Even when Miami wins people love to bash them. It's like people actually expect them tow in by 50m every game. Ridiculous.