You "forgot" to use the force? oh, come on....

And sorry, Alyt, but the Council did erase Revan's mind and implant a new personality.  :unsure:

Only if you believe that dunce Malak. :lol: Sure, they gave Revan new memories and a new personality, but the old memories were lost because of the damage sustained on Revan's bridge, they weren't removed by the Council.

Just as long as I don't have to wait inexorably long to get my lightsabre back. The cool thing about Jedi Academy is that you started the game as a Jedi. If I wanted to be a soldier or a scoundrel our something like that, I'd play a different game. I'f I'm playing something titled Jedi Knight, or Knights of the Old Republic, I want to start that way.

Just as long as I don't have to wait inexorably long to get my lightsabre back. The cool thing about Jedi Academy is that you started the game as a Jedi. If I wanted to be a soldier or a scoundrel our something like that, I'd play a different game. I'f I'm playing something titled Jedi Knight, or Knights of the Old Republic, I want to start that way.

Don't let Hades_One see that post of yours :rolleyes:

btw, I THINK I might have figured out the major twist, but I'd rather not post it in case I'm right. :)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Just as long as I don't have to wait inexorably long to get my lightsabre back.  The cool thing about Jedi Academy is that you started the game as a Jedi.  If I wanted to be a soldier or a scoundrel our something like that, I'd play a different game.  I'f I'm playing something titled Jedi Knight, or Knights of the Old Republic, I want to start that way.

Don't let Hades_One see that post of yours ;)

Heh.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Just as long as I don't have to wait inexorably long to get my lightsabre back.  The cool thing about Jedi Academy is that you started the game as a Jedi.  If I wanted to be a soldier or a scoundrel our something like that, I'd play a different game.  I'f I'm playing something titled Jedi Knight, or Knights of the Old Republic, I want to start that way.

Don't let Hades_One see that post of yours :huh:

btw, I THINK I might have figured out the major twist, but I'd rather not post it in case I'm right. :)

You will probably get your saber with in an hour or so of gameplay. Besides it appears that Kreia joins your party on Telos, and she has a saber. You can just equip hers.

From what I understand of what I've read and the various people I've talked to, you are a Jedi veteran of the Mandalorian Wars, as in, you fought as a Jedi during the Wars.

I don't know, i thought it said you are a Jedi veteran of the Madalorian wars, as in, you are a Jedi who fought in the Mandalorian Wars, which doesn't necessarely mean you fought 'as' a Jedi.

Furtheremore, didn't the council took your light saber ?!? And even so, how exactly do you fight 'as a Jedi' in an intergalactic war ?!?

It's like saying the Japanise fought as 'samurai' in World War II

There isn't a definite role for a Jedi in a futurist large scale conflict. Sure, the force can be useful in certain situations, but more often then not, a fully trained soldier will propably be far more useful as a unit in a technological warfare...

There we go, you are Jolee. They cryogenically froze you and put you on display because you're such a bad-ass.

Personally, I think NPCs shouldn't let you take their lightsabers. That's a bit like a samurai letting you borrow his katana for a bit, to borrow Opus' metaphor.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

There isn't a definite role for a Jedi in a futurist large scale conflict. Sure, the force can be useful in certain situations, but more often then not, a fully trained soldier will propably be far more useful as a unit in a technological warfare...

Yeah true. Luke did pretty well with it though in the Death Star and Hoth battles. :blink: I agree that Jedi/Sith abilities seem to lend themselves better to a lone agent special forces type deal. I wouldn't choose them for an assault on the main compound but rather to have them sneak in and destroy a generator or something right before we begin our attack.

If Jedi actually used their powers instead of sitting around until people start dying, I'm certain many wars could be avoided.

Hey, why is it that force doesn't work on big-nosed, flying creatures?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

If Jedi actually used their powers instead of sitting around until people start dying, I'm certain many wars could be avoided.

Oh couldnt agree more. :blink: They would still best be utilized as special agents than front line troops though.

Hey, why is it that force doesn't work on big-nosed, flying creatures?

Presumably Watto (I assume you refer to Watto) is force resistant. Or more specifically his species is force resistant like the Hutts.

From what I understand of what I've read and the various people I've talked to, you are a Jedi veteran of the Mandalorian Wars, as in, you fought as a Jedi during the Wars.

I don't know, i thought it said you are a Jedi veteran of the Madalorian wars, as in, you are a Jedi who fought in the Mandalorian Wars, which doesn't necessarely mean you fought 'as' a Jedi.

Furtheremore, didn't the council took your light saber ?!? And even so, how exactly do you fight 'as a Jedi' in an intergalactic war ?!?

It's like saying the Japanise fought as 'samurai' in World War II

The Star Wars universe isn't "realistic" in that sense. The movies clearly indicate that one jedi (or force sensitive kid) can turn the tide of battle.

I'm guessing that the PC was a young Padawan who followed Revan into the Mandalorian wars (as many did acording to KOTOR). When Revan turned to the dark side the PC either left or became a Sith. If they left they returned to the Jedi enclave on Dantooine, where they where exiled from the order for following Reven. If the PC became a Sith they where captured in battle and turned back to the light. However, regretting thier weekness in falling to the dark they abandoned the order, the force and thier lightsaber.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Or more specifically his species is force resistant like the Hutts.

Except for Motta the Hutt of course! :lol:

The mind trick is only supposed to work on the weak willed. I wouldn't expect a crime lord like Jabba to be weak willed.

Watto's species might be immume to the mind trick because thier brains are very alien. Hutts may be alien enough to give them some resistance, but not enough for full immunity.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

The mind trick is only supposed to work on the weak willed. I wouldn't expect a crime lord like Jabba to be weak willed.

Watto's species might be immume to the mind trick because thier brains are very alien. Hutts may be alien enough to give them some resistance, but not enough for full immunity.

I'd rather go with the "weakminded" theory( Wow, look mum, I'm a nerd :p ) Watto might have been a screwup in the technical department but he might have had some good bargainin skills and strong will to the point that simple "force persuasion" didn't work for him. If a whole race is force resistant wouldn't the jedi council know about it since it is an important deal for them to know?

I'd rather go with the "weakminded" theory( Wow, look mum, I'm a nerd :p ) Watto might have been a screwup in the technical department but he might have had some good bargainin skills and strong will to the point that simple "force persuasion" didn't work for him. If a whole race is force resistant wouldn't the jedi council know about it since it is an important deal for them to know?

As Shdy put it, this is yet more discontinuity in the SW universe. Isn't the current EU standing is that Hutts are resistant, whilst Toydarians are immune, or somesuch? :rolleyes:

manthing2.jpg

Except for Motta the Hutt of course! :rolleyes:

Yuuzhan Vong, they don't even show up in the force. They are cut off from the force, they believe because they used their powers for evil and became decadent and lazy or somesuch, so their gods took their ability to feel the force away. :lol:

Watto does say that Toydarians are immune, but he is probably strong willed too, so Qi Gon had no chance with him. I don't think it is ever stated that Hutts are immune, but it could be in the EU I guess. OB1 says the mind trick only effects the weak willed in ep IV so that is certainly cannon.

Qi Gon is able to effect Boss Nass in ep 1, who I wouldn't expect to be weak willed, but maybe Qi Gon is exceptionaly good at the mind trick, and he doesn't get Boss Nass to do anything that he wasn't half inclined to do anyway.

Except for Motta the Hutt of course! :rolleyes:

Yuuzhan Vong, they don't even show up in the force. They are cut off from the force, they believe because they used their powers for evil and became decadent and lazy or somesuch, so their gods took their ability to feel the force away. :lol:

Sounds like they share the same fate as the Rakatans.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There are some creatures that are force immune or are even able to create a bubble were the force cannot exist.

The Vorg predate the Rakatans in terms of design and the vorg concept was pretty much full of it (in the sense they just pull a Borg) and as we can see the Rakatans are affected by force powers as the Vorg are (or were) not, of course BioWare simply taken the logical route of their race simply lost their ability to use the force due to the extensive use of the Star Forge as the Vorg simply end up that way because they made no sense of the Star Wars universe and so they end up doing a coop out with some crap about being "cursed" or some other bulls***.

The fact EU is full of crap does not mean OE is forced to make crap as well ...

drakron.png