Name 1 thing u would like the option to toggle

Now after playing some older games conpared to newer games, i have noticed some newer games have a toggle button (aka on/off switch) for certain features. What would u like to see a toggle for?

Ill go first, i want to be able to toggle npc/enemy health bars off that arent in the party. One of my favorite games is Morrowind and just recently found a mod that will disable health bars and that simple thing added alot to immersion. No longer did i have the knowledge of when an enemy was going down or if they werent going down quickly enough.

Thats mine, what would yours be?

• Like 1

Durability.

• Like 5

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

The green-robed tutorial characters of bg. Anything tutorial in nature.

I would like to be able to turn off certain soundtracks, npc voices. Possibly customise soundtracks.

I would like to be able to see die rolls and such. But for a complete beginner to crpgs it could get very annoying.

Oh, and yes, and i would like to be able to toggle some kind of 'super fast start' mode, where i don't have to sit through the whole

introductory sequence of the game. Candlekeep.

I would like to be able to set the difficulty only at the beginning of the game. I am willing to see a compromise on this, but then the player

should only be able to lower the difficulty mid-game. Being able to play through the entirety of the game on 'super easy' then turning the

difficulty up for the last fight seems.... cheaty. And cheating takes away from the challenge the bad way, it kills all the fun. Oh, i just had a bright idea.

Let's encrypt the saves. No save-game editor. Ever. Guhoh-guhoh! ....okay, maybe not. Not being able to debug ingame kills way more fun.

Aaaand.... i thing it would be fun to see an animated lizard-type creature crawling on the interface from the edge of the screen, occasionally. But

i want to be able to turn it off.

There is only 1 true answer to this question: Moustaches for every character portrait. Male and female. And slimes. 

Oh Oh Oh The slimes also get top hats.

And their name gets changed to Mister Slime Esq.

• Like 6

There is only 1 true answer to this question: Moustaches for every character portrait. Male and female. And slimes. 

Oh Oh Oh The slimes also get top hats.

And their name gets changed to Mister Slime Esq.

As long as they get the conversation blurb, "Ooze your mamma?"

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

exposition

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Character interjections. I know it's not really a technical, game-settings switch, but being able to switch between "Just let me do all the talking" and "if you've got something to say, chime in with it" would be pretty useful, I think.

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Detailed vs Brief Combat Information:

'Goblin has received a bludgeoning critical hit for xx stamina, leaving it gasping for air due to the forceful blow.'

or

'Goblin has received a bludgeoning critical hit for xx stamina, leaving it disoriented due to the concussive blow.'

vs

'Critical hit! Goblin received xx damage. Goblin is stunned.'

• Like 3

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.

Adventurer's Hall "On/Off"

- On = You can hire as many companions from the Adventurer's Hall that you can afford.
- Off = "Closed for Business", you can't hire any extra companions at all.

Having this "Off" on Path of the Damned, for instance, would make the game way more difficult because when you lose a character you wouldn't be able to replace them. You could call it a "Hero Resource". Having this "On", you have a potentially limitless "Hero Resource", whilst having it "Off" you have a limited "Hero Resource" (I.E. you only have the VIP Companions to recruit).

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

Adventurer's Hall "On/Off"

- On = You can hire as many companions from the Adventurer's Hall that you can afford.

- Off = "Closed for Business", you can't hire any extra companions at all.

Having this "Off" on Path of the Damned, for instance, would make the game way more difficult because when you lose a character you wouldn't be able to replace them. You could call it a "Hero Resource". Having this "On", you have a potentially limitless "Hero Resource", whilst having it "Off" you have a limited "Hero Resource" (I.E. you only have the VIP Companions to recruit).

Maybe just a more limited number of companions from the Hall - i.e. 5 - so you can still recruit the type of character you want for your party but can't replace them once they're dead.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

^I get what you're getting at but it contradicts the binary challenge. There could be a middle ground:

A) On = You can recruit as many AH Companions as you can afford.
B) Slider = You can recruit a total of "1-X" AH Companions.
C) Off = You can't recruit any AH Companions at all.

Or simply make it a single slider:

"How many AH Companions can you recruit? 0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-Etcetera-Infinite"

I think I will go for the typical H-game toggles:

Furries, bondage and Ponygirls.

Joke aside, I'd like to be able to disable helmet models. It's a common toggle for MMOs nowadays and I like it alot, as it allows to destinguish characters easier, especially since PoE seems to go for the realistic style of armor, so I expect helmets to look pretty generic.

Boob-plate.

am suspecting those threads is still going... we has been avoiding. nevertheless, it is worth noting that even bioware has done away with b00b swell in their dragon age heavy armours. bioware? obsidian is less enlightened than bioware?  

on topic:

an intuitive party ai toggle. actually, multiple presets would be superior. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

^ Now if only Bioware could do away with armor so thick it could safely house a nuclear reactor. :)

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

^ Now if only Bioware could do away with armor so thick it could safely house a nuclear reactor. :)

am not sure what is the fascination with anime/road warrior armours with shoulder pauldrons that would force a mountain gorilla to his knees. thankfully obsidian has avoided such silliness.

HA! Good Fun!