Obsidian possible working on a new multiplatform AAA title?

C2B

• 3 weeks later...

http://eightbitradio.com/episode_146/

Mentions Chris (Avellone) being Creative Lead on a new project. It also mentions Obsidian currently developing three original IP's.

Haven't listened to it yet, but is the context in the "3 original IP's" Armored Warfare, PoE and... either the new KS game or the possible 3A game? And wouldn't that mean that either the new KS or the 3A is not an original IP?

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

http://eightbitradio.com/episode_146/

Mentions Chris (Avellone) being Creative Lead on a new project. It also mentions Obsidian currently developing three original IP's.

Haven't listened to it yet, but is the context in the "3 original IP's" Armored Warfare, PoE and... either the new KS game or the possible 3A game? And wouldn't that mean that either the new KS or the 3A is not an original IP?

Feargus already mentioned they were considering a license for the Kickstarter. We don't know if they went with it (they're probably working on having something more than PoE to present for the end of the year KS campaign) but that seemed to be the plan at the time.

Also, he may have just left the 2nd Kickstarter out. Remember, they haven't even presented it yet and since its existence is bound to Kickstarter success.

Its also why I'm more inclined to believe that Avellone is working on th AAA project. Roles weren't set before the PE kickstarter started and Chris did after all write the pitches that presumably led to the AAA project.

Edited by C2B

• 3 weeks later...

I would sell both my kidneys and give away my spleen for another game like New Vegas, ijs

• Like 2

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Just sux you most likely won't be able to play it without at least one kidney.

Still worth it!

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a new Kickstarter early next year. Maybe one of the reasons why they haven't announced the new Kickstarter is they don't want to take the spotlight off Pillars. Once PoE is released later this year and the dust has settled after a couple of months, a new Kickstarter might be announced around March. Here's hoping.

My thinking is they'll announce the Kickstarter once they release the demo for Eternity. Show the Backers a tangible product first.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

• 5 months later...

Maybe voice acting on Pillars?

I dunno, would they use PCB's facilities for Pillars? And wouldn't he have mentioned the name?

http://www.pcb.cc/#!services/c1x9v

Of course, easy answer is that its either Pillars or Armored Warfare. Or Orion Acaba is about to become the most profilic Voice Actor in Obsidian games. ;)

Edited by C2B

HeL5tO5.png

• Like 2

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding