Obsidian possible working on a new multiplatform AAA title?

C2B

http://www.obsidian.net/jobs/open-positions/production/707-intermediate-to-senior-producer

Intermediate to Senior Producer

Obsidian Entertainment is currently looking for an Intermediate to senior level Producer to join our growing team of RPG developers.

Our ideal candidate has been in a leadership position for an entire production cycle for at least one AAA game and is familiar with all aspects of game creation. Including outstanding communication and organizational skills, the candidate must have a strong understanding of: concepting, prototyping, scheduling, budgeting, production, testing, distribution, marketing, contracting, licensing, and team management.

The position will involve working with other team leaders and stakeholders to create and maintain development strategies to solve short term problems quickly while shepherding the project's critical features and goals over and entire product cycle.

Requirements

Five or more year's experience, including at least one shipped, internally developed, AAA title

Thorough experience in scheduling and managing 20-60 person development teams from concept and pitch to post-release support

Ability to provide editorial guidance on all aspects of the game: art, design, playability, technology, audio, marketing, public relations, etc.

Excellent organizational skills and a drive to keep team members working efficiently, effectively, and enthusiastically to meet project goals

Ability to write professional documentation and presentations for all aspects of product development, marketing, and release

Excellent communication skills including the ability to address large groups of people and interact regularly with the press and other industry professionals

Experience with product public/press relations and marketing including scheduling, timing, asset creation, and delivery

Experience and understanding of localization of all game assets for all regions of the world

Experience working with internal and/or external quality assurance groups to ensure adequate testing for gameplay tuning, functional performance, and hardware compatibility

Familiarity with Sony, Microsoft, and/or Nintendo licensing requirements and processes

Desired Skills

Experience as an external producer at a publisher is a plus (however, internal development experience is a requirement.)

Submission Requirements

Simply apply via e-mail: jobs@obsidianent.com

Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line please.

Please no phone calls or drop ins. We only accept emailed applications.

Edited by C2B
  • Like 2

NWN3 using DnD 5e. Just sayin'. L0L

I wish, I w.i.s.h, I wish, I wish, I wish,  I WISH!!!

Perhaps, if I'll scream louder, it will all come true. :)  *sigh*

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

SEGA (or someone else who bought the IP from them) came to their senses and decided to have Obsidian make Alpha Protocol 2: VCI Strikes Back starring SIE?  Please?  Pretty pretty please?  With a cherry on top?

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm kinda hoping that since through South Park, they're now (probably) in closer talks with Ubi, that they'd have a chance to make a sequel or a spiritual successor to B.A.T. 2. Not a triple A game, but in a similiar vein to how Ubi published M&MX:L. In any case, something with a bit different take on gameplay and narrative than what seems to be the norm right now (respectively in niche or mainstream RPG markets).

I'm kinda tired of the tried and true "know what to expect" games and sequels.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Even if someone saw potential in another spy RPG, I doubt they'd use a property like Alpha Protocol, given that'd do more harm than good.

Omega Cabal starring sexy German mercenary Elsa?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

While we're naming basically any property we want to be turned into an RPG, I nominate Oglaf. It's set up perfectly for such an undertaking.

EDIT: Probably should give fair warning - if you're going to look up Oglaf, don't do it at work.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Wildcards! Come on Wildcards! (not gonna happen, but one can hope)

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I wouldn't mind Obsidian Assassin's Creed, the franchise desperately needs a KOTOR2 treatment.

But I think this is backspace, that sci-fi concept Obsidian revealed back then. I think they revealed it to measure the audience reception.

I don't expect any of yous played the old PnP RPG Boot Hill (Gary Gygax was one of its designers). I kinda liked it, since it was no fantasy. Just pure Wild West sweetness with showdowns and all. I would love to see some kind of How the West Was Won-CRPG, a big open world with awkward settlers and resisting Native Americans in beautiful landscapes. It could be turnbased, but I reckon Expedition: Conquistador, for instance, would have been better if it had been RTwP. Obsidian would whack that game out of the ball park! :w00t:

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I'll never get why people care about Dragonlance.

That's what Takhisis wants you to think.

Maybe E3 will see Obsidian give us a clue. Supposedly we're waiting for a brand new IP? 

Whatever the project is, its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy to early to expect anything about it at E3.