Which new games will you be playing soon?

I just bought Shadowrun Returns off GoG, so I'll probably load that up next.  Banner Saga was last game I purchased recently.  I like it, but it just hasn't grabbed me.  I don't have a lot of time for games these days, and if they're not blowing my mind they tend to gather dust.  

As far as what's on the horizon, Wasteland 2 and PoE are the two I'm most excited about.  The Divinity game is also on my radar, but I'm going to sit back and see how it goes after release.  Further out, Fallout 4 and more than anything else, Mount and Blade 2.   

Considering how absolutely horrible bad Dreamfall is, I cannot phantom any interest in it. Or did they learn from that crap game?

Hopefully they've learned not to use cliffhangers this time or ever again. My god, who ends on a cliffhanger and takes eight years to make a sequel? I don't even remember what happened now except for a handful of scenes and characters.

Pfft, Tex Murphy Overseer left a *sixteen* year cliffhanger.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Hopefully they've learned not to use cliffhangers this time or ever again. My god, who ends on a cliffhanger and takes eight years to make a sequel? I don't even remember what happened now except for a handful of scenes and characters.

I wouldn't mind a proper KOTOR3, even if it's been 10 years ;)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

My god, who ends on a cliffhanger and takes eight years to make a sequel?.

*cough* Valve? *cough*

Looking forward to Divinity: Original Sin and Unrest as well. Not sure when Planet Explorers is due, but that's high on my list as well. There might be some other KS games but I'm not really following them enough to know how close to release they are ( they'll be done when they're done :) )

I wouldn't mind a proper KOTOR3, even if it's been 10 years ;)

sadly, the old republic is what you get instead of kotor3, and bioware's handling of obsidian contribution to kotor were, at best, dismissive.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Divinity: OS, Dead State, Wasteland 2, PoE. DA:I... just grabbed Democracy 3, but had some sort of social democrat utopia with 99% of the population voting for me after an hour and a half so I don't know how much replay that has. Waitig for Conquest of Paradise to go on sale for EU4, and Rajahs of India for CK2.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Just bought "Warlock 2: The Exiled" from steam. Time for some turn based strategy goodness soon.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

For Kickstarters, I'm looking forward to PoE the most probably, together with some on your list, Indira.  Underrail may also be worth picking up as well as Dead State. 

For mainstream games, I preordered Watch Dogs with cautious optimism.  It appears to be a pretty big game world.  I hope they've designed it with enough distinct structures so I don't get lost like I did trying to get out of the South Quarter in Thief (game should have come with GPS or, at the least, a decent map).  :(  I may get Wolfenstein:  The New Order, but I'll wait for user reviews first.  It's a great year for gaming.  :)

• Like 1

SqueakyCat: Heh! For Thief, I know exactly what you mean! I even got lost in the hub area! :no:  The maps themselves were bigger obstacles than the game's sneaking and nicking stuff. As for Wolfenstein, I grabbed it after that trailer and some previews. It seems to be story heavy and action-packed. If we're lucky, we get a nice mix. When in doubt about not yet released Steam games, like I was before Thief was released, go cheap with vouchers and other deals and discounts on Greenman Gaming. :)

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

sadly, the old republic is what you get instead of kotor3, and bioware's handling of obsidian contribution to kotor were, at best, dismissive.

I'm well aware of that :(

Going to Larian tomorrow for some Original Sin goodness... So. Very. Psyched. :)

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

I'm well aware of that :(

Going to Larian tomorrow for some Original Sin goodness... So. Very. Psyched. :)

Cool, keep us updated!

(And don't forget to ask about the reloading for better loot ;))

*runs like hell*

• Like 1

I dunno, I prefer it more in singleplayer.

But I am an anti-social hermit misanthrophist who plays single-player RPG's for fun, so... :p

• Like 7

^

I guess I'll be playing Watch Dogs soon since I get it free with the 780Ti I bought.  If nothing else, it looks like a capable GTA clone.  Hopefully it has some good radio stations, that's always a big part of my enjoyment in these types of games (It doesn't get much better than soaring through Cyber Steelport while Stan Bush ~ The Touch is playing)

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Watch Dogs might have to wait.  I was bored and got Wolfenstein this past Tuesday, and don't really feel like paying full price for another game so soon.  Best Buy usually has a sale on games not long after release.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Was a lot of fun at Larian... and got some post-beta content to try. Was glad to see it was still dialogue-heavy and combat-lite as the beta, even with the smaller 'city' area. Definitely a RPG to my heart.

Since it was the latest build it also had a widly different amount of bugs from the beta. Stuff fixed, things that worked bugged again, new bugs... they work hard on fixing stuff, but I doubt it will hit release anywhere near bug-free.

Then again, what RPG player expects that these days, except for hollow RPG's without any real roleplaying...

EDIT: The person next to me (and to lesser extend, me) also suggested some stuff to improve co-op. They said they would do something to make it a bit better before release, but we'll see what that is and if they can make it happen...)

I'm looking forward to it anyway... but for now am jealous of Keyrock for his sweet card and game :p

Edited by Hassat Hunter
  • Like 3

^

Was a lot of fun at Larian... and got some post-beta content to try. Was glad to see it was still dialogue-heavy and combat-lite as the beta, even with the smaller 'city' area. Definitely a RPG to my heart.

You're a man after my own heart.  Dialogue-heavy and combat-lite is just how I like it, thank you very much.

but for now am jealous of Keyrock for his sweet card and game  :p

If it makes you feel better, there is a deep, stinging wound in my wallet region.  It's like a knife twisting around inside the wound combined with a deeply sorrowful voice faintly screaming "What have you done?  Where have all my friends gone?"  :p

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It does a little :fdevil:

^

That was the initial two-week delay. The further delay appears to be due to some other shenanigans - obviously one is tempted to blame publisher interference but nothing actually revealed yet.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G