Which new games will you be playing soon?

Hi,

Like so many here, I have a huge backlog of unplayed games. I'm doing my best to shorten that list, but new games keep coming out all the time, so I can't keep up!

This thread is for posting and discussing those great new games that you know will disrupt your plans of ever getting on top of that backlog. In my case, I have heaps of exciting games (expansions) coming around the corner, and a few of them are games that I've backed on KS no less:

-The Incredible Adventures of van Helsing 2 - May 22 (I found the first ARPG instalment lacking, but I have high hopes for this one)

-Lords of Xulima - June 10 (I backed it. It's a lot like M&M Legacy; party-based CRPG on tiles)

-Divinity of Original Sin - June 20 (Need I say anymore? A huge CRPG by Larian with a toolset!)

-Company of Heroes 2 - Western Fronts - June 24 (This will make a great game even greater)

-Unrest - June 26 (A unique CRPG set in ancient India. Simple graphics, but hopefully great)

Well, unfortunately (in a way), summer's coming up too, so I won't be playing as much as I usually do. I need to move this body, enjoy some chilling with friends and family,  and give some love to my huge garden, among other things. :)

Edited by Pidesco
Corrected by request from IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I played the first Divinity game and thought it was a really good Diablo clone, but the series didn't hold my interest as I'm not too big a fan of Diablo like games. But this one... it looks great, like they put a ton of effort into the game. And all that content I've seen in the videos leads me to believe that the editor is going to be really good

If I had the money, it would be a day 1 purchase.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Drowsy: I reckon you will be positively surprised about D:OS. I have played the alpha and the beta a bit, and it's not at all an ARPG, almost the opposite. It's much more a game in the vein of Ultima VII, for instance. :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Original Sin and Watch Dogs pretty much.

Can't think of any other interesting games on the horizon until the end of the year anyway...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Well I am a Weresheep, so I guess Original Sin.

I have pre-ordered Van Helsing 2 because I really like Neocore.

Other than that... Dead State I guess? :)

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Hm, can't really think of anything I'm looking forward to.  Mainly will look for old stuff on Steam sales,  but I guess Tropico 5 might be interesting.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hassat: If at all possible, please provide us with a release date for Watch Dogs! :)

Steam states (for me)

27 May 2014

Looking at the page (special edition with 1 hour content, DLC Season pass) I wait for the gold edition anyway...

Edited by Hassat Hunter
  • Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Divinity: Original Sin is the one soon upcoming game that I'm drooling to play.  I've had to use maximum willpower to not play the Early Access, which, as a backer, I could do right now without paying anything extra.  It's been touted as the closest thing we've had to a spiritual successor to Ultima VII, which makes me go

7854___animated_gif_tagme_by_redpassion-

I'm also pretty excited for Shovel Knight.  It was supposed to already be out, then got pushed back an unspecified amount of time for final polishing.  Right now the release date is only "Spring", which, I guess, boils down to "Before June 21st"

I'm in wait and see mode for Watch Dogs.  I don't know what to think about that game.  Based on what I've seen recently it could land anywhere on the quality meter from "well, they sure ****ed that up" to "holy ****, this is awesome!".

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Every postponed game is a small mercy in my book right now! Even if I'd love to play WL2, Asylum, etc, I'm genuinely happy they were delayed. :)

I mean, Lords of Xulima boasts about 70 h of playtime for one playthrough. I'm guessing D:OS could be about 40-50 h. The same may be true for IAovH2 as well. This is indeed the year when CRPGs all across the board are making a huge comeback.

On my list to play are Reaper of Souls, Rayman Legends - then when I'm done with those I hope The Stomping Land will be out - which is likely, because I'm not allowed to play those other two games until my huge backlog of work has been processed.

If I can get a Wii U for reasonably cheap, then probably next game is Mario Kart 8 (releases 31 May here). Divinity Original Sin naturally comes up next, but will have to check with my sister whether she's interested in a co-op playthrough first up or if I go solo. Unrest is on the 26th, not the 24th by the way, and have backed that too.

I don't really have any sense of immediacy though, my gaming has sort of been by drip feed lately. I haven't finished Dragonfall, I've not really begun the Banner Saga, I haven't gotten around to Broken Sword 5.2, Moebius, Tex Murphy.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Tropico 5. Always liked the premise of that series, I think I'll finally give it a try.

Other than that... I'm still on the fence about Divinity: Original Sin. It looks great, but I'm not sure if I like the gameplay. There are games where I love turnbased combat (Arcanum, Fallout) and there are games where I absolutely despise it, and I'm not sure which one this will turn out to be. Just to name one example.

Drowsy: I reckon you will be positively surprised about D:OS. I have played the alpha and the beta a bit, and it's not at all an ARPG, almost the opposite. It's much more a game in the vein of Ultima VII, for instance. :)

I know its not, that's why I'm interested. The first game was though.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Unrest is on the 26th, not the 24th by the way, and have backed that too.

Yeah! You're absolutely right. I mixed the dates up for Unrest and Western Fronts. If a mod feels like it, be my guest and correct that in my OP, since the edit window just closed.

Normally Original Sin but Larian games no longer interest me. Thinking about giving away my copy.

Why so?

And if you are, sure, I'm interested :)

So... Dreamfall Chapters.

Considering how absolutely horrible bad Dreamfall is, I cannot phantom any interest in it. Or did they learn from that crap game?

^

I'll be busy with exams until mid June, but there are a few games I am eager to play this summer:

Space Quest Collection - This is the one I am mostly excited about. I have fond memories of playing Vohaul's Revenge back in the 90's. I want to take my sweet time, play every game, go through every possible line of dialogue and solve all the puzzles.

Drakensang - Still haven't finished my Drakensang playthrough but so far it has been pretty great. Looking forward to playing this and The River of Time prequel.

Expeditions: Conquistador - Heard a lot of good things about this game. Already own it but haven't played it yet.

Stalker series - SoC is the only game I have played in the series, can't remember much of the story or the characters. I'll probably replay SoC and play CS and CoP after that. 

I will also play Wolfenstein: The New Order and Watch Dogs if I get a PS4. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I've made it a point a few years ago that I don't buy games unless I play and finish them. So now I usually only buy one game per year. The only game I've bought this year was D3:RoS. I can't see myself buying anything else and I've found I usually buy one game a year now.

This has helped with playing the back log of games that I bought 10-15 years ago. Even if I spend the next 20 years playing the back log of games, I still won't be able to play and finish them all. It's great that I have so much entertainment for years to come and it will be all new to me.

So the new games (being released) I'll be playing next will be Wasteland 2 and Pillars of Eternity. As far as new games for me in my backlog, I'll probably be taking out some rts games. I'd like to get around to playing Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and Empire at War.

• Like 2

For me, I've gone back and forth over Watch Dogs, for the PS4, mainly because it's not really pushing my curiosity with how they'll actually be able to make the gameplay fun throughout the entire playtime.  Maybe I'll be wrong, but I'll be waiting till after it's been released to follow Ubisoft's ongoing discounting of price of their newest games within months of release.

Besides that, Divinity: Original Sin would be my next game up.  I've spent some time in the beta and have really enjoyed it, however never delving into too deep due to non-compatible saves with each new patch and also not wanting to spoil the game before release since it's so close.  I'm really excited to try out the co-op for sure.

After reading this thread however, I think I'll also be looking at the Lords of Xulima game that has been mentioned, because I had not heard of its pending release and it looks like a good, fun rpg.

Considering how absolutely horrible bad Dreamfall is, I cannot phantom any interest in it. Or did they learn from that crap game?

Hopefully they've learned not to use cliffhangers this time or ever again. My god, who ends on a cliffhanger and takes eight years to make a sequel? I don't even remember what happened now except for a handful of scenes and characters.