Paul Kirsch will write the Collectors Book for Eternity

Posting unique information at different sites would be connecting with a larger audience. I suspect that is not intentional though. Individually they would have different sets of contacts, and perhaps topics just percolate up from discussions elsewhere. They certainly don't owe us a single-source continual news feed for points of discussions--that's a perception of contributor entitlement.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

They don't owe us a central feed, but even the illusion of one would go a long way. A successful macro is already available ... the official Playstation Blog updates daily, as does the personal twitter-feed of their worldwide-studios president: reliable updates delivered to one location often, from a personable guy who happens to be the ultimate authority.

It's quite nice to hear from the actual horse's mouth, rather than a herd of gophers. I wonder what you call a group of rodents, anyway. Probably not 'herd'. Probably, 'forum'.  

All Stop. On Screen.

Am I the only one  here who really doesn't give a damn about community engagement?

I also don't put a whole lot of value in community engagement. Specifically, I don't subscribe to the notion that just because we're members of the Obsidian forums then that means we're some elite society entitled to receive automatic briefings on every developer action, announcement, reveal, interview etc. that ever occurs about this game.

That said, If the Obsidian Devs don't feel the need to make their own forums be the Go-To source for all PoE related material, we could always take matters into our own hands. I personally don't have the time, nor the motivation, nor the personality for it, but maybe someone else here can better manage the "known information" sticky at the top of this page and turn it into a Reveal-source thread. And update it every time they find something noteworthy from the Codex, or SA, or Twitter or whatever that the devs didn't bother to point our attention to in their bi-weekly updates.

Personally one simply reads all of C2B's posts, the gentleman seems to have taken over from the old information impressario, Flouride was it?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Here's some more non-here news that I posted on the Codex last week:

Roby Atadero joined the PE team in March as a Gameplay/UI programmer. He must have been impressed by the game when he was given a few demonstrations by Josh last year (which we discovered on their twitter feeds).

This RPG Codex thread allowed me to realize they hate us.

I can't sleep anymore :(.

For me its no issue whatsoever if  certain members on RPGCodex don't like these forums. I don't frequent that website because many members across as RPG elitists and they don't moderate or seem to care about bigotry or offensive comments around many social issues. Any website where people are allowed to make jokes about rape, for example, I have no time for

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Just FYI there's a lot of rape content in the Icewind Dales.

Rape content as a depiction someone getting raped: no

Jokes about rape: no

Hints about rape as a fact that happened or is about to happen: yes

It's not really the same thing.

Aside from that, how this subject managed to crawl in the "Paul Kirsch will write the collector's book" topic is beyond me.

• Like 1

Nothing gold can stay.

Rape content as a depiction someone getting raped: no

Jokes about rape: no

It's not really the same thing.

Aside from that, how this subject managed to crawl in the "Paul Kirsch will write the collector's book" topic is beyond me.

That's a very accurate way to explain my view on this matter :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That's not very accurate either. Rape was more than just a hint in Icewind Dale 2. It was the main plot. It was how the Legion of the Chimera came to be in the first place. Including its 2 leaders. Edited by Stun

For me its no issue whatsoever if  certain members on RPGCodex don't like these forums. I don't frequent that website because many members across as RPG elitists and they don't moderate or seem to care about bigotry or offensive comments around many social issues. Any website where people are allowed to make jokes about rape, for example, I have no time for

Bruce, have you played Fallout 2? Just curious.

Sadly I haven't played Fallout 1 or 2

John Milton 

I take it you guys haven't watched Oz, the tv series.

Nope. Nothing Oz-related since Return to Oz.

Besides, yes, rape does exist and some people crack jokes about it. Examples prove it, they do not disprove it being wrong.

Back to the Codex subject, I don't hate the Codex as a website. For all its rampant puberty, it's a good source of information, its interviewers usually ask the right questions and its reviews are honest, although somewhat heavy on the subjective side.

That's not very accurate either. Rape was more than just a hint in Icewind Dale 2. It was the main plot. It was how The Twins came to be in the first place.

Ok, "a hint" was probably too weak. It's more of "telling somebody that something happened".

• Like 2

Nothing gold can stay.

There are likely very few people on the Codex that think it is right, but it, like a lot of things that are not right, can be a subject of humor.

Most instances of hearing about rape IRL are somebody telling someone that something happened, too, btw. However some find things harder to relate when presented in an isometric perspective  :devil:

Sadly I haven't played Fallout 1 or 2

Do it. They are worth it.

in Fallout 2, when you flirt with Miria, choose the "you know you want it" dialogue. You'll thank me later.

:fdevil:

Edited by Malekith
  • Like 1

^ I thought you'd suggest loosing the arm wrestle match to Francis ..

I take it you guys haven't watched Oz, the tv series.

This was hilarious.

"hilarious" wouldn't be my first pick for this scene..

Edited by Gfted1
Video removed.

Like an Alan Moore comic?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands