I did not contribute to the campaign, those that did are keeping tight lips about it. To be honest I would have preferred an Enemy Codexian Adventuring Party that would be the hardest fight in the game ;) But they changed from that to an Inn.

That's a great idea.  Their party name could have been the "Goon Squad" and they would be world renown for only fighting on the side of reviled dictators and tyrants.  In battle they would constantly fling insults as well and when one of them died they would say "I am suspending my belief!"

• Like 2

Looks like my item will be lost in the myriad of other people's items. Oh well.

Hey... lost things were made to be found... and subsequently equipped. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I did not contribute to the campaign, those that did are keeping tight lips about it. To be honest I would have preferred an Enemy Codexian Adventuring Party that would be the hardest fight in the game ;) But they changed from that to an Inn.

That's a great idea.  Their party name could have been the "Goon Squad" and they would be world renown for only fighting on the side of reviled dictators and tyrants.  In battle they would constantly fling insults as well and when one of them died they would say "I am suspending my belief!"

Not quite a good joke, because in the real world, the Dictators and Tyrants would be EA, Activision Blizzard, Microsoft, Console companies etc - and the Codex would never support those.

They were actually going to do an Adventuring Party at one stage, but they changed their mind because Inns are more "memorable" I think.

Edited by Sensuki

Not quite a good joke, because in the real world, the Dictators and Tyrants would be EA, Activision Blizzard, Microsoft, Console companies etc - and the Codex would never support those.

They were actually going to do an Adventuring Party at one stage, but they changed their mind because Inns are more "memorable" I think.

Yeah we are going to agree to disagree on your opinion of publishers.

That said they are wrong.  I couldn't tell you the name of even one inn from BG2, or BG at all other than the Friendly Arm.  I do remember the adventuring party spoof/mini events clear as yesterday though.

Edited by Karkarov

I'm with you there, although I do remember a lot of the Inn names, particularly the BG1 ones. EA are, by definition tyrannical ;) They were the most hated company in America in 2012 and 3rd in 2013.

Edited by Sensuki

I remember more inns than I do names for them but off the top of my head:

BG1: Elfsong Tavern, Blade and Stars, Cloak and Helm, Blushing Mermaid, Shop of Silence (she'd let you kip on the floor), The Red Sheaf Inn, Candlekeep Inn,  The Nashkel Inn,

BG2: The Inn of the seven veils, The Sea's Bounty, (Edit: Five Flagons, Crooked Crane,)

... .... and er, that's it off the top of my head.  Can't remember the name of the one in Trademeet, though I remember the Inn itself.  Also that one in the Drow City and the one in Brynnlaw.

I also fondly remember the enemy parties, though not usually by name, just by encounter.

Edited by Silent Winter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

How could I forget the Copper Coronet?

Ship at docks in BG1 was the Low-Lantern (I remember them when my memory is nudged)

so yeah - quite a lot of memorable inns - mostly when they're involved in quests but also when they've got something unique like interesting NPCs

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Yeah I'll never forget my first time encountering those chicks on the second floor of the low lantern. "Would you like to join us for some entropy pleasure?" ME: YES PLZ 8==D only to be met by a Longsword and spells. My dreams as a child were ruined :(

• Like 4

Speaking of Inn names, I work in an office attached to a manufacturing plant, and we print a lot of manufacturing-related reports, and one of them is entitled the "Three Upright Arms Summary." I immediately thought "... that's an inn in fantasy-somewhere." 8)

• Like 3

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

• 2 weeks later...

maybe next time there is an option (contest, maybe) for people who aren't rich but still dedicated fans to have an opportunity to contribute. I'm sure many of us are envious of those backers who could. I certainly am.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

maybe next time there is an option (contest, maybe) for people who aren't rich but still dedicated fans to have an opportunity to contribute. I'm sure many of us are envious of those backers who could. I certainly am.

Well, the forums that have an Inn put out surveys to every user that put money into the general PayPal to get it.