Female gamers having a hard time in gaming communites

"It works either way considering the subject matter!"

No.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I feel like Volo's posts should come with references and links, so that we could understand what he/she's saying.

Either way I have fun reading them.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

**** pic in the email/private message? You think only women get those? L0LZ I get those  once and awhile too, and I'm male and hetereosexual.  You know what i do/ I erase it, and move on. I'm certainly not scarred for life.

But, then again, i'm not a weak woman who needs protection from  the evilist, disgusting,  not worthy of being called human - the human male.

Eww.. Filthy things. let's avoid them whenever we can.

\Why do people not value themselves?

'Rape culture'. L0LZ All men are rapists. HAHAHA!

\*reads a story where a woman cut off a man's ****,  another storywhere a woman murder nearly 10 of her babies.* But, men are the bad guys?

of course,. there are bad men. And, good men. And, good women. And, bad women.

It's not news.

Stop treating women like they are little babies that need to be cuddled.

Stop treating men like they are the plague who only think of raping women and are simply monsters.

\It's disrespectful to both genders.

2012-06-20-equaltime.png

• Like 2

I think we are all aware of your distaste for freedom Bruce.

No, no, no that's completely wrong. I believe in freedom absolutely but not if that freedom means it offends or hurts someone else

That's not something that, as the offending party...or even necessarily the offended party...can control.

it is fascinating to see how folks raised elsewhere sees different. in the US we view as kinda obvious that the speech that is most needing protection is speech that is likely to offend somebody. nevertheless, elsewhere, it is seen as equal obvious that hurtful or hateful speech is not worthy of govt. protection. we has actual written articles on this subject. 

HA! Good Fun!

>USA

>freedom of speech

Cool story. university_of_florida_student_tasered_at_kerry_forum_for_asking_the_wrong_question.avi

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

No, no, no that's completely wrong. I believe in freedom absolutely but not if that freedom means it offends or hurts someone else

That's not something that, as the offending party...or even necessarily the offended party...can control.

it is fascinating to see how folks raised elsewhere sees different. in the US we view as kinda obvious that the speech that is most needing protection is speech that is likely to offend somebody. nevertheless, elsewhere, it is seen as equal obvious that hurtful or hateful speech is not worthy of govt. protection. we has actual written articles on this subject. 

HA! Good Fun!

>USA

>freedom of speech

Cool story. university_of_florida_student_tasered_at_kerry_forum_for_asking_the_wrong_question.avi

http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/1031/p09s01-coop.html

yeah, the video IS funny. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps regardless o' what actual happened, it is silly to make grand generalizations based on a single incident... not that you were doing something so ridiculous. forebear. 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Women online need to act like Aussie women and just give back as good as they get. Didn't think Volo was posting along the lines of misandry but eh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

>USA

>freedom of speech

HA! Good Fun!

ps regardless o' what actual happened, it is silly to make grand generalizations based on a single incident... not that you were doing something so ridiculous. forebear. 

There's always a factor missing from the whole truth of the story because if the media can make a story cause a riot or panic then they will do it.

Free speech doesn't mean you get to bust into the White House and yell at the President.   :rolleyes:

You can't even say threats of violence against the President (class D felony).

I remember a story where a 70 year oldish Vietnam Vet. said he was going to kill Barack Obama, as soon as the nurse reported what he said Secret Services came and hauled him away.

It is most certainly interesting that the 'Codex, den of villainy and casual bigotry that it is has active women, gay and trans members.

Something to be said for thick skin I guess.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It is most certainly interesting that the 'Codex, den of villainy and casual bigotry that it is has active women, gay and trans members.

Or so they claim... ;)

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

HA! Good Fun!

>USA

>freedom of speech

HA! Good Fun!

Of course, you murricans are big on freedom of self expression, you big democracy and freedom defenders, liberators of the world.

12 year old girl handcuffed and arrested for doodling "I love my friends Abby and Faith. Lex was here 2/1/10 : )" on a school desk

Another 12 year old girl getting her answer cut mid-sentence about Tskhinval by the Fox News host for answering the question truthfully

pop-tart.jpg

Murrica!!!

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

you is so cute when you immediate make our point with your next post.

"ps regardless o' what actual happened, it is silly to make grand generalizations based on a single incident... not that you were doing something so ridiculous. forebear."

... not sure what a fox news incident has to do with anything though. 

oh well.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Aren't examples such as above usually decried and derided more or at least equally by USians than anyone else, anyways? Sure, they still happen occasionally...but people tend to get really bent out of shape about them.

Why are we talking about this, again? I thought this topic was about "female gamers in gaming communities", not silly criticism of America, (whether warranted or not - the place it's being put is what makes it silly).

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Aren't examples such as above usually decried and derided more or at least equally by USians than anyone else, anyways? Sure, they still happen occasionally...but people tend to get really bent out of shape about them.

Why are we talking about this, again? I thought this topic was about "female gamers in gaming communities", not silly criticism of America, (whether warranted or not - the place it's being put is what makes it silly).

most examples ain't fee speech issues at all and ain't real surprising in context. bester random pulls nonsense off of the inter-web w/o context.

as hurl points out, ny city, perhaps foolishly, has a newish zero tolerance policy regarding vandalism in schools. you vandalize, they call cops... although actually all security in nyc schools is now considered cops. 

have no idea 'bout the fox news thing, but who cares? we don't have state run new media here in the US. you think fox news is jerky? well guess what, so does loads o' folks.  

the kid with the pop-tart gun is kinda funny. supposedly the pop tart were simply a last straw kinda situation, but until it goes through process we won't know. sounds ridiculous. 

we can post literal hundreds o' better examples o' travesty o' justice here in the US, 'cause sadly, rule o' law often results in questionable justice. the lady is blindfolded after all. take sentencing out o' judges hands in many cases exacerbates situation.  how many 3-strike horror stories is there floating 'round?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

Actually twenty some odd years ago, they had an officer come in and talk to me about the vandalism as well.  I was sufficiently cowed, so not much happened, but I'm guessing there is more to the story if the kid ended up in cuffs.  Notice there was nothing about an arrest, sounds like more of a scare tactic than anything else.  

Okay that does surprise me..are you sure about that?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Actually twenty some odd years ago, they had an officer come in and talk to me about the vandalism as well.  I was sufficiently cowed, so not much happened, but I'm guessing there is more to the story if the kid ended up in cuffs.  Notice there was nothing about an arrest, sounds like more of a scare tactic than anything else.  

no, she was indeed arrested... cuffed, and taken to the police precinct.  vandalism is a crime, but seriously? as far as we can tell, the nyc school district has decided to pass the buck on this issue. is weird, but it clearly is meant as a scare tactic and to shame kids outta their evil ways.  silliness... unless it is working. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps for things like this to occur, there needs to be a chain o' simpletons.  group o' well-intentioned clowns come up with a zero-tolerance policy. then a teacher has gotta fail to deal with this kinda thing in class. a principal is then required to actual call the police (who were admittedly located right across the street) and request that the girl be formally arrested. 

Edited by Gromnir

Yep, they do, probably more than the 4 I've noticed there though as, well, I'm not gathering intel on them.

• Like 1

Yep, they do, probably more than the 4 I've noticed there though as, well, I'm not gathering intel on them.

You are the NSA and I claim my £5.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

You are the NSA and I claim my £5.

:lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela