Clyde's Tower bug and Ubisoft/Obsidian's lack of caring

macdonc2

Question

A number of folks out there have had issues in Clyde's Tower.  There's clearly a bug where players can't interact with the leg of the platform when they need to break it.  So, basically at 10 or so hours of gameplay, the suggested solution is wait for a bug or start over.  Well, I still have yet to see a patch that fixes the bug for Xbox 360.  When asking Dev's about the fix, they suggest that there is a fix for PC and to contact Ubisoft.  Has anyone tried this?  In my experience, it's pretty much like talking to a pre-recorded message.  They obviously copy and paste out of transcripts and just mention FAQs and walkthroughs (which is clearly not helpful, since the solution is documented and the hurdle is a bug).  When probed enough, they will send you legal documentation that basically states that they will not refund customers for their unfinished product.  

Has anyone else had any luck whatsoever?  I doubt they will even end up pushing a patch by this point, since they've been so good at ignoring the problem so far. 

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

When asking Dev's about the fix, they suggest that there is a fix for PC and to contact Ubisoft.  Has anyone tried this?  In my experience, it's pretty much like talking to a pre-recorded message.  They obviously copy and paste out of transcripts and just mention FAQs and walkthroughs (which is clearly not helpful, since the solution is documented and the hurdle is a bug).  When probed enough, they will send you legal documentation that basically states that they will not refund customers for their unfinished product.  

Maybe try contacting Ubisoft instead of complaining about doomsday scenarios?

When asking Dev's about the fix, they suggest that there is a fix for PC and to contact Ubisoft.  Has anyone tried this?  In my experience, it's pretty much like talking to a pre-recorded message.  They obviously copy and paste out of transcripts and just mention FAQs and walkthroughs (which is clearly not helpful, since the solution is documented and the hurdle is a bug).  When probed enough, they will send you legal documentation that basically states that they will not refund customers for their unfinished product.  

Maybe try contacting Ubisoft instead of complaining about doomsday scenarios?

I think he did, but it wasn't any help.

A number of folks out there have had issues in Clyde's Tower.  There's clearly a bug where players can't interact with the leg of the platform when they need to break it.  So, basically at 10 or so hours of gameplay, the suggested solution is wait for a bug or start over.  Well, I still have yet to see a patch that fixes the bug for Xbox 360.  When asking Dev's about the fix, they suggest that there is a fix for PC and to contact Ubisoft.  Has anyone tried this?  In my experience, it's pretty much like talking to a pre-recorded message.  They obviously copy and paste out of transcripts and just mention FAQs and walkthroughs (which is clearly not helpful, since the solution is documented and the hurdle is a bug).  When probed enough, they will send you legal documentation that basically states that they will not refund customers for their unfinished product.  

Has anyone else had any luck whatsoever?  I doubt they will even end up pushing a patch by this point, since they've been so good at ignoring the problem so far. 

What region are you in? US? Somewhere in Europe? Australia?

From what I can gather asking around a little, the fix for this issue should be in Patch 3. The fix should have been preventative and retroactive for broken saves. As I was not the one to implement a fix for this (and the person that did is not in right now), I cannot verify with 100% accuracy that this is the case. I also cannot verify that the patch is out everywhere on all platforms. I know the release on PlayStation was being staggered by region. I'm not sure about XBOX. What I can say is that the patch has been submit on our end for some time now.

I'm extremely sorry for being so vague on the matter, but I do not want you thinking that you're being ignored. This is as much info as I'm able to gather about this at the moment. I've sent out a few emails. I'll try and update you when/if I find out more.

• Like 2

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer

I'm in Houston.  To be clear: I've contact Ubisoft and got canned responses that were of little help and it was obvious that they did not care.  I also spoke to some of your devs and got vague information, promising a patch sometime in the future.  Frankly, none of you are of any help.  You just simply come off as a bad company.  There are a number of people who have reported this problem and we are yet to see any patches to fix it or even get a reasonable estimate for when we may see one.  I'm pretty sure the pc has a number of patches now, but I guess those of us on consoles are out of luck.