Foul degenerates partaking of such tainted refreshments! If a mans moustaches do not bear the feint odour of a quality black tea by his twenties, then he has failed in life. Why with my advanced years I can brew myself a beverage through whiskers alone if needs must.

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Uh-Oh, this conversation again! I'm well aware of the benefits of coffee, my girlfriend remembers to remind me how coffee is good for you and all that jazz. Also as a Finn, people often question why I don't drink coffee. I guess I just don't need coffee. If I have to drink something in formal occasions or the like, I prefer (green) tea. As a matter of fact, I've been thinking that maybe I should start drinking green tea more regularly. It's almost a panacea as well. But then again, maybe not. I've been travelling with people who drink coffee or tea and for some reason if they couldn't get their morning coffee/tea, they became really grumpy. No thanks! Maybe I'll just stick to milk :yes:

Pizza, comics, coffee, tea... We are rather off-topic. Maybe we should continue to argue about balance, boob armor etc in PoE. Adding to that, generally I'm getting really good vibes from the development of PoE but the more I think about it, the more I'd prefer non-b00b armor for females. The plate armor is a good example of this. Consistency, as Grobnir pointed out. However, if they decide to keep the scale armor as it is, it won't matter. I will most probably enjoy PoE immensly in spite of that.

• Like 1

"Maybe your grandiose vocabulary is a pathetic compensation for an insufficiency in the nether regions of your anatomy."

When Batman can kick Thor's ass and defeat Satan with The Funk, then we will talk.

Just give him a few hours prep time and it is all over for those two jobbers.

Edited by Karkarov

^I'm sure Batman could come up with a lightning repellent or something, but The Funk is a different beast. It masters you.

@FH, yes we are off topic, but there are several other threads dedicated to PoE mechabics. Sides, those have become engulfed in Pedant analogy wars, which are boring.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"Placing the sauce on top of pizza just wrong way to go about, like driving in reverse or taking piss in sink. Possible to do, just bad idea that doesn't end well."

this is of course, insane. even if you have no basic cooking skills, one can see that order of ingredients in a deep dish or stuffed pizza is not only proper, but necessary, and is resulting in a superior pie. clue to the uniformed: stuffed takes longer to cook. duh. this is 'cause it is a more complex meal, as 'posed to an hors d'œuvre. your preference for cracker pizza... which can be cooked in a toaster oven in a few minutes and will only taste slight different than the brick oven traditions, is actually making layering of ingredients less important. go to naples v. rome, and you will see much variety even 'tween those locales regarding layering o' toppings. ny pizza also has such variation, made possible, in part, by the fast cook time.

jms introduced weird mystical animal totem nonsense into spiderman, yes?  *shrug* regardless, even the best long serial stuff always fails compared to the shorter and more coherent limited run titles such as tdkr. and speaking o' cheese again, jms gave you The Other. maybe you just got a thing for such nonsense. 

and we don't get your comparisons as they seem so utterly haphazard. compare preacher to tdkr, but then say it isn't actually something you would call a fave. compare tdkr to alan moore recent titles... because? why not compare to dickens serializations, or obsidian's efforts in kotor? well, at least alan moore did do graphic novel work, so maybe that is your connecting point... perhaps? is just so... randomn. 

and as we grew up at pine ridge, rusty water were kinda a common phenomenon. we has rather extensive personal knowledge o' the "flavor" o' rust tainted water.

"Maybe we should continue to argue about balance, boob armor etc in PoE. Adding to that, generally I'm getting really good vibes from the development of PoE but the more I think about it..."

agreed. as such we will observe that while Gromnir is more concerned 'bout balance than is mc we is becoming increasingly less enthusiastic about the development. oh, we think it will still be good, and perhaps even great, but like mc, we has noted that josh description o' classes and mechanics would be more appropriate to a discussion o' a modern mmo than an old skool crpg title.... where "old" is a mere 10-14 years ago.

as for b00b armour... *shrug*  am genuine mystified by the willingness to distinguish scale and chain from plate seeing as is exact same issue. am also curious how josh did a dr. mesmer on the community by saying that reason for b00b scale were to instant distinguish male from female.

dunno, is b00b armour better than helping somebody learn that vertigo is just a part o' dc publishing?  

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"Placing the sauce on top of pizza just wrong way to go about, like driving in reverse or taking piss in sink. Possible to do, just bad idea that doesn't end well."

this is of course, insane. even if you have no basic cooking skills, one can see that order of ingredients in a deep dish or stuffed pizza is not only proper, but necessary, and is resulting in a superior pie. clue to the uniformed: stuffed takes longer to cook. duh. this is 'cause it is a more complex meal,

Complex meal :lol:

It's Pizza, for gods sake. But maybe that's the problem. Chicago style pizza comes in a bowl and is eaten with a fork and knife. Silly. That's like ordering beer in a wine glass and sipping it with a straw.

They're doing it wrong. Both the makers and the eaters.

Edited by Stun
  • Like 3

have never seen chicago-style pizza served in a bowl. that is amusing hyperbole. though typically it is eaten with a fork and knife, unless it is cold. once the cheese is cold, you can eat with your hands. in any event, is dishes served in bowels inherent less complex? fork and knife foods is less complex?  you is as strange as the marvel fan who singles out preacher title.

HA! Good Fun!

ps ny and chicago is both very diverse ethnically speaking. for instance, chicago got more poles than any city in poland save for warsaw. most large American cities is very diverse.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The point is that Pizza shouldn't be a complex meal at all. It should be... Pizza. But Chicago style tries to make it something its not. And by doing so, they ruin it.

If I've got a Corvette Sting Ray, I already have a classic sports car. I'm not making it better by Painting it pink and green, adding ground lighting, giant monster truck tires, putting big gold eagle ornaments on its hood and adding 10 foot high wing spoilers on the back. I'm Ruining it.

Edited by Stun

@FH, yes we are off topic, but there are several other threads dedicated to PoE mechabics. Sides, those have become engulfed in Pedant analogy wars, which are boring.

Ah yes, right you are. I was not totally serious we should continue to argue about all the aforementioned mechanics. Quite frankly I'd rather read/discuss about pizza, coffee, DC Comics vs Marvel etc.

Regadring development, I've never played a MMO and probably I'll never play one. That being said, I'm still keeping an open mind. I'm hopeful.

About pizza... Someone once said: "Pizza is like sex, even when it's bad it's still pretty good."

And rusty water, yuck. I've had my share of that sht.

"Maybe your grandiose vocabulary is a pathetic compensation for an insufficiency in the nether regions of your anatomy."

The point is that Pizza shouldn't be a complex meal at all. It should be... Pizza. But Chicago style tries to make it something its not. And by doing so, they ruin it.

If I've got a Corvette Sting Ray, I already have a classic sports car. I'm not making it better by Painting it pink and green, adding ground lighting, giant monster truck tires, putting big gold eagle ornaments on its hood and adding 10 foot high wing spoilers on the back. I'm Ruining it.

a corvette sting ray is a sports car. by nature it is an extreme complex machine. gonna choose the corvette over your ny big wheel... but you might be too young to know what a big wheel is. *shrug* in any event, you has odd choices o' illustration.  as to the pizza, hors d'œuvre  as 'posed to meal. gonna choose meal. 

HA! Good Fun!

Big Wheel vs Green Machine, now that's a debate I remember (oddly after 30-something years)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Big Wheel vs Green Machine, now that's a debate I remember (oddly after 30-something years)

only the rich kids could afford green machine. we had the big wheel with the duct tape covering the inevitable hole in the plastic wheels. 

'course, we had a pony... and a bolt-action .22. kinda tough for a kid to complain 'bout green machine when you got a pony and a rifle.

HA! Good Fun!

I think there was only one kid who had a Green Machine in my neighborhood.  Dunno if he had a pony or a rifle too; I know he had a sports car (an 86 corvette?) when he was 16...

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I think there was only one kid who had a Green Machine in my neighborhood.  Dunno if he had a pony or a rifle too; I know he had a sports car (an 86 corvette?) when he was 16...

now that is creepy-weird. only kid we knew who had green machine were son o' a guy who ran a chevy dealership. the kid also had one o' these:

http://www.midamericaauctions.com/items/1978-corvette-pace-car-go-kart/

we moved away before the guy turned 16, but wouldn't surprise us at all if he traded up to a real vette when he hit 16... though it woulda' been an earlier model than 86. still, is weird.

HA! Good Fun!

That is kind of a weird coincidence, but I don't remember the guy in our neighborhood having a go-cart like in the link too (which would be really weird!)

He and his dad did do soap box derbies though...

Oh, but I feel that the coffee flavour isn't balanced with the milk flavour...

Josh Sawyer's coffee is... :yes:

Don't tell me he creams his coffee? All respect lost.

No, I mean, point is that you don't balance the coffee. You mix in things to make it taste less of bile, or differently from a cup of black coffee, or whatever. Or you make something else, that isn't a black cup of coffee - like a Cappuccino or a Café Latte. But you don't "balance" coffee. It just is coffee, and if it's well made, then that's that. Only degenerate philistines would actually think that the milk taste cancels out and balances the coffee. That's.. absurd. It mellows the bitterness, perhaps? It hides the taste of coffee, for which I do not care in the first place - ok, entirely passable for brutes. But you don't "balance" the coffee.

It's like insisting on having two blends, and then balancing the first with a different one. That's not what happens. You're just mixing two blends to get a third one that has even less character than either of the ones you started with.

So then comes the smartarses and say: oh, but as long as it's black and tastes vile, it's fine! You said so yourself! So what if I mix arabica and malabar, grind it all together in a dull smoothie maker, and soak it with luke-warm water in a filter! It looks just fine, tastes I'm sure less vile than before - and now we've balanced arabica and malabar!

And it doesn't work like that. Never will.

Kind of the same with betatesting. Whenever you hear the word "balance", you can be approximately 99% certain that what is really being talked about is fundamental changes to the way a mechanic works, that will remove any point with having it in the game from a design standpoint. And if made consistent with the rest, requires every feat and weapon, spell and equipment piece be made into "generic item 1-900". And the ones who want their suggestions to happen haven't the slightest idea of what that design intended. Which they will use as an argument for how the game is broken and must be changed. Since they don't understand what the intention with the design was. And so on.

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

this is of course, insane. even if you have no basic cooking skills, one can see that order of ingredients in a deep dish or stuffed pizza is not only proper, but necessary, and is resulting in a superior pie. clue to the uniformed: stuffed takes longer to cook. duh. this is 'cause it is a more complex meal, as 'posed to an hors d'œuvre. your preference for cracker pizza... which can be cooked in a toaster oven in a few minutes and will only taste slight different than the brick oven traditions, is actually making layering of ingredients less important. go to naples v. rome, and you will see much variety even 'tween those locales regarding layering o' toppings. ny pizza also has such variation, made possible, in part, by the fast cook time.

Am not seeing how a bunch of ingredients plopped into a pie crust is complex. Will admit that New York pizza is simple, but simple is good. Would be interesting to see attempt at cooking it in a toaster oven, suspect it would go over as well as asking random women on the street to sleep with self.

jms introduced weird mystical animal totem nonsense into spiderman, yes?  *shrug* regardless, even the best long serial stuff always fails compared to the shorter and more coherent limited run titles such as tdkr. and speaking o' cheese again, jms gave you The Other. maybe you just got a thing for such nonsense.

Personally didn't like that storyline, but was able to overlook those 5 issues out of the 6 year run. Course, was also able to deal with ****ty combat and balance in PST as well, so perhaps posses high tolerance for cheese. *shrug*

and we don't get your comparisons as they seem so utterly haphazard. compare preacher to tdkr, but then say it isn't actually something you would call a fave. compare tdkr to alan moore recent titles... because? why not compare to dickens serializations, or obsidian's efforts in kotor? well, at least alan moore did do graphic novel work, so maybe that is your connecting point... perhaps? is just so... randomn.

Fair enough. Try to explain clearly. *clears throat*

we prefer preacher to tdkr 'cause we prefer blatant outlandish obscenity to the hardboiled. we wouldn't call preacher the favorite, as you seemed to think it was, but definitely one o' top ten. we prefer tdkr to recent work o' alan moore, 'cause league o' extraordinary gentlemen century too pretentious. root o' all this is we saying marvel is better than dc. we don't think of vertigo titles like preacher and invisibles, which we associate with their creators, as dc titles. perhaps if we had said we prefer the marvel universe to the dc universe, point would have been much clearer.

HA! Good Fun!

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

am suspecting half folks wouldn't know we used toaster oven v. brick oven.  and your "plopping" and "pie crust" nonsense  aside, there is nothing particularly noble or superior 'bout simple... just as complex isn't always great. Chicago managed to take the cracker fare and make a meal outta it. you like a glorified hors d'œuvre, but you got odd pretensions 'bout it and seem offended by such observations. go figure.  similar, you got odd way o' discriminating various titles published by dc that don't actual have an internal logic, particular as the vertigo writers worked interchangeable on dc titles... and we still have absolute no idea why you bring up alan moore. am suspecting this is (excuse us for pun) more confusion on your part. do you think moore had some input into tdkr? or is this just more haphazard nonsense?

your posts is very perplexing. hell, you throw in ps:t Combat to explain tolerance for particular bad comic story arcs.  

okie dokie.

HA! Good Fun!

ps sins past and one more day = jms. *shudder*

Edited by Gromnir

and your "plopping" and "pie crust" nonsense  aside,

Lets talk about your 'cracker' nonsense, then. Authentic New York style pizza has a crust that you can fold. You can't fold crackers.

St. Louis style Pizza is what you're describing. Because it actually DOES use a cracker crust. Literally, the crust is made without yeast, so it's crunchy, and crumbly, like a cracker. It's even cut up into little squares like a cracker too.

Edited by Stun

Chicago-style pizza is friggin' amazing. New-York-style pizza is good, but pales in comparison to Chicago-style.

And it isn't complex. It's simple. Simply better. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

am suspecting half folks wouldn't know we used toaster oven v. brick oven.  and your "plopping" and "pie crust" nonsense  aside, there is nothing particularly noble or superior 'bout simple... just as complex isn't always great. Chicago managed to take the cracker fare and make a meal outta it. you like a glorified hors d'œuvre, but you got odd pretensions 'bout it and seem offended by such observations.

Am wondering if you've actually had New York pizza at this point. A slice certainly isn't the same category as a half-pound burger, but certainly more than an appetizer. Would also like to see what sort of toaster oven you have if it can cook a pizza that large.

Not really offended, more....bemused, I suppose. Find preference for tomato covered meat pie a bit strange.

go figure.  similar, you got odd way o' discriminating various titles published by dc that don't actual have an internal logic, particular as the vertigo writers worked interchangeable on dc titles... and we still have absolute no idea why you bring up alan moore. am suspecting this is (excuse us for pun) more confusion on your part. do you think moore had some input into tdkr? or is this just more haphazard nonsense?

Writers also worked interchangeably on Marvel titles. Don't suppose stressing that my preference is for the Marvel universe over the DC universe, not the publishers themselves, would clear things up. *shrug*

As to Alan Moore and the most recent League volume, was simply stating dislike of it. Attribute that to a random thought.

your posts is very perplexing. hell, you throw in ps:t Combat to explain tolerance for particular bad comic story arcs.

Huh, thought the analogy made perfect sense. Perhaps a general statement that applies to both would be acceptable. I'm able to enjoy entertainment even if they have glaringly bad aspects. Like the combat in PST or the story arcs Sins Past, The Other, and OMD in JMS' run on Spider-Man.

ps sins past and one more day = jms. *shudder*

Feel obligated to point out that the first was drastically changed by editorial and JMS has stated he wanted to retcon it, and the second was pretty much the EiC doing fan fiction. Doesn't exactly excuse such bad stories existing, but invokes some sympathy I suppose.

This discussion of comics kind of makes me want the other discussion back. Not because I liked that discussion, but because I'm way more familiar with comics, and the taste of both KaineParker and Gromnir is driving me crazy.

Preacher is cheesy? Sandman is only okay? JMS' Spider-Man run was good after the first year? What mad world have I wandered into?

You are, of course, entitled to your opinions. He said, stuffing a sock in the mouth of his inner fanboy and whimpering.

Preacher I kinda cheesey, in that over the top action movie sort of way. Part of the reason I enjoyed it so much, to be honest.

I thought Sandman was great, but it did have some low points.

JMS run on Spider-Man was largely fantastic. I'll agree with it souring towards the end, but don't know if I should pin that on JMS or editorial, who seemed to want a very different Spider-Man. *shrug*

Edited by KaineParker