New York pizza is better than Chicago pizza, just like Marvel is better than DC.

Okay I agree with you up until you started talking about comics.  DC is clearly better.  And we all know why don't we?

Yes.  We do.

2858931-batman_vs_galactus_1_by_ravent2_

we has had had cheese and vegetables on a thin crust... is called a cracker.  waiters and waitresses circle 'round at those parties we is forced to attend... got trays filled with such dainty offerings. is cute.

Have had meat pies. Would not call them pizza, even if they have tomato sauce on top.

am s'posing that the marvel v. dc thing is just to tweak somebody into a nerd rage. got no particular position on that as we thinks most comics is horrible, with a few notable exceptions. tdkr is one such example

Couldn't get into TDKR, find Miller's hard-boiled approach a bit boring. Much prefer the blatantly obscene Preacher.

'sides, if I wanted to induce nerd rage, I'd just start a romance thread or endorse level scaling.

Okay I agree with you up until you started talking about comics.  DC is clearly better.  And we all know why don't we?

Yes.  We do.

2858931-batman_vs_galactus_1_by_ravent2_

But Marvel has the most powerful character ever. Doop.

doop8.jpg

YYpwC.jpg

When Batman can kick Thor's ass and defeat Satan with The Funk, then we will talk.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

if meat pies were made in chicago with cheeses, sausage, savory tomato sauce and a sublime buttery crust cooked in deep-dish pans placed in pizza ovens, we bet they would taste better. sadly, a cracker is still just a cracker.

as for preacher, as with any long running series, it had its ups and downs... and you do realize that vertigo is a DC property, yes?  maybe not. in any event, the whole Genesis thing from preacher struck us as more cheesy than the pizzas we were discussing-- were meant to appeal to young male audience that were in that "phase." you know, when suddenly death metal or goth seems kewl. most folks grow outta that. *shrug* nevertheless, we thought some preacher story arcs weren't too bad... although we couldn't help but feel we had seen it all before in hellblazer.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You guys that know a lot, about important stuff, are the blue kree people from the Guardians of the Galaxy universe ... and do they look sort of monstrous. Enough to steal away their lost child who grew up to be a pretty good-looking female agent of SHIELD who doesn't know who her parents are, nor her own heritage, but is actually more of a TV plot device in advance of this summer's Guardians movie ...

All Stop. On Screen.

if meat pies were made in chicago with cheeses, sausage, savory tomato sauce and a sublime buttery crust cooked in deep-dish pans placed in pizza ovens, we bet they would taste better. sadly, a cracker is still just a cracker.

Am not seeing how dumping a hodgepodge of ingredients into a pie crust makes good pizza. Suspecting result of eating such a thing would be like trip to Mexico after drinking the water. Will take beautiful thin crust with layer of fine cheese instead.

as for preacher, as with any long running series, it had its ups and downs... and you do realize that vertigo is a DC property, yes?  maybe not. in any event, the whole Genesis thing from preacher struck us as more cheesy than the pizzas we were discussing-- were meant to appeal to young male audience that were in that "phase." you know, when suddenly death metal or goth seems kewl. most folks grow outta that. *shrug* nevertheless, we thought some preacher story arcs weren't too bad... although we couldn't help but feel we had seen it all before in hellblazer.

HA! Good Fun!

Always associated Vertigo with creators than DC proper, Hellblazer aside. Admittedly, that has changed recently, with Vertigo being used primarily to publish IPs not integrated into DCU proper, such as Tom Strong or Sandman, rather than creator owned comics. Would be hard pressed to argue that Preacher, Invisibles, or the more recent Astro City were DC books rather than creator owned.

To the cheesiness of Preacher, perhaps it appeals to because still am young male last checked. Find self easily entertained by other cheesy things, such as Bioware games and action movies.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"Am not seeing how dumping a hodgepodge of ingredients into a pie crust makes good pizza."

being ironic? dumping a hodgepodge of ingredients on a cracker does make a good pizza?  okie dokie.

regardless, is pretty hard to divorce dc from vertigo, seeing as dc is parent company and titles such as hellblazer, swamp thing, madam xanadu (sp?), deadman and others all had their characters playing significant roles in the dc sandbox, but whatever. we will say that another DC/vertigo title, Sandman, had some excellent issues, but it weren't a 50+ issue title, so gaiman could put together a more coherent story. and if we is being complete honest, death as a perky goth girl were admittedly just as cheese-filled as Genesis from preacher... just not in the Constant Impending Armageddon kinda fashion. that kinda silliness loses its punch after a couple o' issues, much less 5 freaking years. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

being ironic? dumping a hodgepodge of ingredients on a cracker does make a good pizza? okie dokie.

Not ironic, as don't believe pizza benefits from many ingredients. Cheese, sauce, and basil good enough. If desired to consume several different meats and vegetables, would prefer to gorge at a buffet rather than dump into one pie shell.

regardless, is pretty hard to divorce dc from vertigo, seeing as dc is parent company and titles such as hellblazer, swamp thing, madam xanadu (sp?), deadman and others all had their characters playing significant roles in the dc sandbox, but whatever. we will say that another DC/vertigo title, Sandman, had some excellent issues, but it weren't a 50+ issue title, so gaiman could put together a more coherent story. and if we is being complete honest, death as a perky goth girl were admittedly just as cheese-filled as Genesis from preacher... just not in the Constant Impending Armageddon kinda fashion. that kinda silliness loses its punch after a couple o' issues, much less 5 freaking years. 

HA! Good Fun!

Agree to some extent, to the detriment of the IPs. Constantine and Swamp Thing titles in DCU proper feel...watered down compared to Vertigo iterations. Will say most comics have bout as much cheese as tex-mex meal, just ain't really bothered about it as used to TV shows about teenage vampire slayers and perpetual preteens that throw balls at monsters. Must be a 90's thing, like light up shoes or grunge.

being ironic? dumping a hodgepodge of ingredients on a cracker does make a good pizza? okie dokie.

Not ironic, as don't believe pizza benefits from many ingredients. Cheese, sauce, and basil good enough. If desired to consume several different meats and vegetables, would prefer to gorge at a buffet rather than dump into one pie shell.

ironic is better than obtuse. am gonna go with "fundamental misconception" rather than obtuse... just 'cause we is feeling generous.  same ingredients can be ordered chicago style as ny, so your argument is specious at best. "dump" on a cracker, or makes in a deep-dish crust not meaningful if your concerns is now 'bout a plethora o' ingredients. you want cheese and basil? who is stopping you? go into any deep dish/stuffed pizza place and ask for a cheese and basil pie. is not an uncommon order. *shrug* in any event am glad we could educate you a bit 'bout pizza and to be making you aware that your favorite comic title is dc in spite o' your previous claim regarding marvel... which now appears kinda suspect. 

HA! Good Fun

Oh, but I feel that the coffee flavour isn't balanced with the milk flavour...

Honestly don't know how many balancing threads like this I've read in beta-tests. People insist that their personal point of view is the only angle you can approach anything. And several others - who have different points of views that they also think are the only one - agree with each other on balancing mechanics. Or if they don't, they compromise on nerfs around the board. Basically, they feel that a certain ability is overpowered when it takes out something else with ease. Or underpowered if it doesn't explode something you put the mouse cursor on. If that is because of good planning, luck, intention and design - that doesn't matter, because these testers and their opinions are intrinsically important, and game-mechanics doesn't matter for the perception customers have of the game, etc., etc.

Coffee should taste black and strong.

• Like 1

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

Pizza != pie, you philistines.

Next you'll be telling me you put flavor in your coffee. Coffee already has flavor. It's coffee-flavored, dammit!

:sulk:

tried coffee once in university to try and keep us awake to study before mid-terms... that were ~25 years ago. we still recall the "flavor." tasted like water run through a rusty pipe multiple times.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

Next you'll be telling me you put flavor in your coffee. Coffee already has flavor. It's coffee-flavored, dammit!

tried coffee once in university to try and keep us awake to study before mid-terms... that were ~25 years ago. we still recall the "flavor." tasted like water run through a rusty pipe multiple times.

HA! Good Fun!

You're clearly not manly enough for coffee.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

ironic is better than obtuse. am gonna go with "fundamental misconception" rather than obtuse... just 'cause we is feeling generous.  same ingredients can be ordered chicago style as ny, so your argument is specious at best. "dump" on a cracker, or makes in a deep-dish crust not meaningful if your concerns is now 'bout a plethora o' ingredients. you want cheese and basil? who is stopping you? go into any deep dish/stuffed pizza place and ask for a cheese and basil pie. is not an uncommon order. *shrug* in any event am glad we could educate you a bit 'bout pizza and to be making you aware that your favorite comic title is dc in spite o' your previous claim regarding marvel... which now appears kinda suspect. 

HA! Good Fun

Just cause possible to dump toppings on pizza don't make it good to do so. Besides, even a thin crust pizza topped with a garbage dump of ingredients better than deepdish with proper toppings. Placing the sauce on top of pizza just wrong way to go about, like driving in reverse or taking piss in sink. Possible to do, just bad idea that doesn't end well.

Feel need to point out Preacher ain't favorite comic book title, honor goes to JMS run on Amazing Spider-Man, just Preacher preferred to TDKR. Would point out stating preference for one thing over another doesn't necessitate it is favorite, but make supposition already know this and blame communication error on part of self. Would say prefer TDKR to Alan Moore's recent work, cause of the opinion that hard-boiled is more honest than pretentiousness, trying to hard to be "deep" always struck as a bit masturbatory, and masturbation isn't very fun to observe. That doesn't mean TDKR is favorite comic.

HA! Good Fun!

Do not know what rusty pipe water taste like, but know that coffee doesn't taste good. Find that coffee is only drinkable with mountains of sugar, cream, and other frilly stuff added, but then it stops being coffee and starts being cream and sugar with some foul liquid added to it. Suppose drinking coffee it is bit like S&M, some people just like touring themselves.

Edited by KaineParker

HA! Good Fun!

You're clearly not manly enough for coffee.

But... but... I consider myself a manly man but I just don't want to become addicted to coffee/caffeine and the taste is not too good either. My life is in shambles ;(

Edited by Forlorn Hope

"Maybe your grandiose vocabulary is a pathetic compensation for an insufficiency in the nether regions of your anatomy."

Being addicted to coffee is good for you. Well, most people anyway; there are some conditions which are aggravated by it. But it does have pretty remarkable health benefits if you drink enough of it, like 5-6 cups a day or so. Improves alertness and cognitive function, reduces risk of various cancers including liver and prostate, reduces risk of stroke, reduces risk of heart disease... it's practically a panacea. It may screw up your sleep rhythm if you drink it at the wrong time though.

As to the taste, the interesting thing is that there's a genetic component to the propensity to like it. There's a certain gene that predisposes you to like bitter tastes. The more copies you have of it, the higher your tolerance. I understand there's an ethnic group in Africa who has, on average, about six times the usual allowance, and most outsiders find their cooking pretty overpowering. So if you find yourself drawn to a really tight, really dark, really strong espresso, it's likely you're packing a few copies of that gene.

Mm... maybe I'll go brew myself one right now.

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Being addicted to coffee is good for you. Well, most people anyway; there are some conditions which are aggravated by it. But it does have pretty remarkable health benefits if you drink enough of it, like 5-6 cups a day or so. Improves alertness and cognitive function, reduces risk of various cancers including liver and prostate, reduces risk of stroke, reduces risk of heart disease... it's practically a panacea. It may screw up your sleep rhythm if you drink it at the wrong time though.

As to the taste, the interesting thing is that there's a genetic component to the propensity to like it. There's a certain gene that predisposes you to like bitter tastes. The more copies you have of it, the higher your tolerance. I understand there's an ethnic group in Africa who has, on average, about six times the usual allowance, and most outsiders find their cooking pretty overpowering. So if you find yourself drawn to a really tight, really dark, really strong espresso, it's likely you're packing a few copies of that gene.

Mm... maybe I'll go brew myself one right now.

caffeine pills work better than coffee though as far as health benefits go.

Being addicted to coffee is good for you.

Bull****, when I played New Vegas two weeks ago, my PC got addicted to coffee and suffered -1 to Perception, Intelligence, and Charisma! To make it worse, addiction removal didn't seem to work.

Actually, no. Coffee has lots of active things besides caffeine. There are certain lipids, antioxidants, and what have you. Caffeine pills don't have those.

That's the problem. Not all the ingredients in coffe are actually healthy. At least as far as i know.

If you  know about some studies that suggest otherwise please share. The subject interests me

Most are. The least healthy components are lipids which may mess with your LDL/HDL cholesterol balance. If you drink filter coffee most of 'em get caught there. I dislike filter coffee and like to live dangerously so I ignore that and just make the coffee I like.

My source is here [ http://www.duodecimlehti.fi/web/guest/arkisto?p_p_id=Article_WAR_DL6_Articleportlet&p_p_lifecycle=0&_Article_WAR_DL6_Articleportlet_p_frompage=uusinnumero&_Article_WAR_DL6_Articleportlet_viewType=viewArticle&_Article_WAR_DL6_Articleportlet_tunnus=duo11080 ]. It's in Finnish, unfortunately, but it does contain an English summary and links to other articles. If you're really interested you can try your luck with Google Translate too, natch.

Duodecim is the main medical journal in Finland; it is peer-reviewed and considered relatively high quality academically.

• Like 1