You haven't showed me a single shred of conclusive proof of women wearing plate armor. For ****s sake did you even watch the video you linked...

You are talking about mechanical flaws on a magical armor in a fantasy game? Grasping at straws much?

As for the woman in the tournament, well good for her. Now are you trying to compare a tournament with real fighting? Also look at her armor, it has boobs. :facepalm:

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

A fictional setting should be internally consistent. If you want your male warriors to go into battle wearing giant golden codpieces and nothing else while the women wear functionally designed, meticulously crafted Nürnberg plate, then there should be some in-world explanation for that. To do that just because you like giant golden codpieces and lots of hard, muscular male flesh is careless, shoddy worldbuilding.

Oh? Then let's see if they explain how girls are as strong as the boys and a bunch of other things that don't conform to the real world...

Souls. If warriors gain abilities(including physical ones) from the power of their souls, it stands to reason that power is unisex, unless specificaly stated that women souls are inferior in some way.(which i would love, the butthurt would be hilarious)

Souls. If warriors gain abilities(including physical ones) from the power of their souls, it stands to reason that power is unisex, unless specificaly stated that women souls are inferior in some way.(which i would love, the butthurt would be hilarious)

I didn't say how, I said if. I doubt they will bother with stuff as meager as that.

I think it's best not to confused Boob Armor with armor adjusted for boobs.

That way lies strawmen...

But wouldn't that make it mechanically flawed? I think she should wear armor that has no boob shape, full plate preferably.

I think it's best not to confused Boob Armor with armor adjusted for boobs.

That way lies strawmen...

But wouldn't that make it mechanically flawed? I think she should wear armor that has no boob shape, full plate preferably.

Not if it is engineered correctly; plate armor already has plenty of curved surfaces. Female armor is going to have a lower center of gravity because of the narrower shoulders, so chest bulges aren't going to upset the balance much. What you want to avoid are sharp corners and angles in the metal as those create stress points (which is why airplane windows are rounded).

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

You are talking about mechanical flaws on a magical armor in a fantasy game? Grasping at straws much?

Yes, "grasping at straws" is a very good description of what you're doing here.

Since you're still wriggling to avoid the point, I'll go full Lephys on you. After that I'll just have to write this discussion off as a waste of time.

Suppose that you play a fantasy game. In this fantasy game, all the carts have square wheels. Yet in this game, the carts, and their wheels, function exactly like you would expect carts and wheels to function.

If there is no in-world explanation beyond "megic!!11!one" for square wheels functioning like round wheels, then the setting is internally inconsistent. If the author only put in square wheels because he thought it would help Sarex maintain an erection while playing, then that choice is 'pandering' and 'lazy worldbuilding.'

Now substitute boobplate and warriors for square wheels and carts. Dig?

(PS. I noticed that you chose to take off on the tangent I specifically said I wouldn't follow instead. That's your prerogative of course. You might want to read Samantha Swords' blog btw; there she discusses specifics of how to beat physically stronger opponents in fights.)

Edited by PrimeJunta

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

You lost me some time ago in this discussion, so I'll just state my position as simple as possible:

1) Boob armor is armor where you can see boobs, and it seems like it doesn't protect anything. Boob armor sucks because it's sexist and stupid.

2) Armor with a special curved chest part for females might not be realistic, but it is not sexist. Maybe a little bit stupid though, but not in any way comparable to the utter ridiculousness of boob armor.

3) Obsidian's explanation "so you can differentiate your characters" is stupid. But in the end, who freaking cares. It looks nice, it's not sexist, it's just a bit stupid. That's so much better than any other game already. Stop complaining.

Really, I am a total SJW myself and everything, but that doesn't mean that a plate armor that's just a bit more curved than usual suddenly becomes a boobplate that only exists so nerds can jerk off to it. Relax, take a deep breath and realize that this is better than most of the stuff we know from the fantasy genre.

It would be important if the armor is sexist or anything. But as long as it doesn't have gratuitous cleavage, I'm not seeing the problem. And this whole discussion is really about something that's just not very important, and the bickering is getting tedious.

• Like 1

Not if it is engineered correctly; plate armor already has plenty of curved surfaces. Female armor is going to have a lower center of gravity because of the narrower shoulders, so chest bulges aren't going to upset the balance much. What you want to avoid are sharp corners and angles in the metal as those create stress points (which is why airplane windows are rounded).

I was being sarcastic in response to prime juntas post.

@Fearabbit for the record, I'm not arguing against Obs's armor designs. I think they're just fine.

I do have an issue with Sarex's position that because something is fantasy then nothing needs justification, and I find titillation and pandering a turn-off rather than a turn-on. I do reserve the right to argue these positions should the spirit so move me.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Since you're still wriggling to avoid the point, I'll go full Lephys on you.

I've become a proper argument mode! My life is complete. 8)

• Like 5

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Again, the community would like to know if these are polished area's or they will be brushed up, before done. For instancew the ground near the campfire, if exactly like the ground away from the campfire.. which is unrealistic, and bothers many people (like myself) when I play a game.

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

• 3 weeks later...

When I see the great screenshots and concept art for PoE or Torment: Tides of Numenera, I think basically two things: 1) It was about damn time to bring such beautiful hand-drawn backgrounds back! They have a timeless quality, which is easily perceivable when compared to early 3D Games of similar age, which just look so hideous in many cases by now. With 4k Resolutions and downsizing the images, they will be good looking for quite some time. 2) Why did Wasteland 2 Kickstarter come first and why did I spend so much money on it?! I had much less for the other two kickstarters, which are in retrospect much more relevant to my interest. Hmpf :D

• 2 months later...

pe-anslogs-compass-580.jpg

Anslog's Compass.

Cheers guys, with the streams of beta coming out I noticed there is very little or none grass moving in the maps, will this be changed? For example when I looked at animation of the area in quotes the water is perfectly animated and in one previous preview of graphic art there was also few pieces of grass moving but will this also be the case for large grassey areas? It make sthe map a lot less static and more alive.

Cheers! :)