I'm sorry but you need a minimum of fourteen peer-reviewed academic journal articles to back up your argument.

By the way I thought BioDrones were bad, but ObsidiDrones seem to be absolutely obsessed with women and armor.

Edited by Sensuki

Excerpt from War and Gender, Cambridge Press, 2001, by Joshua Goldstein:

-snip-

Important points: Goldstein emphasizes how much overlap there are in strength and stamina bell-curves like these. Add to that cultural differences and various human genetic groupings, and you get heaps and heaps of women that are stronger than lots of lots of men.

@Sarex: There are literally millions of women out there that would wear that plate and great axe better and longer than you (using you as a random sample of a male), just based on statistics. So, drop this "it's a myth!". Xena, the Warrior Princess, is out there, and she is mighty angry with you right now. ;)

I really don't see how what he said contradicts anything I said, there are exceptions to every rule. Still doesn't mean that you will see women going around in full plate wielding great swords. In fact nowhere in the excerpt does it validate your claim, it in facts statets that strength shouldn't matter as much in modern warfare as it did in the past.

Yes there are stronger women then men, but then again those men won't pass those tests either. Man are just ahead on the strength bell curve. It's ridiculous that you are claiming otherwise.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I can't believe you're taking what I am saying seriously

I'm not. Just yanking your chain a little.

Don't try to deny it either as your post history has a tendency of massive sjw.

Proud of it, too. If social justice isn't worth fighting for, then what is?

• Like 2

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Proud of it, too. If social justice isn't worth fighting for, then what is?

I can think of a few things:

• survival
  • liberty
  • justice (the real kind, i.e. the one which governs the interactions of human beings, not genders or other abstract categories)
  • love
  • bacon

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

@Ineth since we're on this tangent, the whole point of social justice is to arrive in a situation where human beings are treated equally, regardless of gender, 'race,' religion, nationality, class, or other such constructs.

Regrettably this is not the case. 

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

@Sensuki ya think? It's pretty long-running for a fad IMO, and it's having a real, positive impact. 

From where I'm at, it looks more like some hitherto extremely male, extremely white, extremely straight Internet subcultures have finally started to go through the process of realizing that hey, there are non-male, non-white, non-straight people who want to participate fully, without having to mask their identity, and not as tokens, mascots or sub-subcultures. I see terms like "white knight" or "SJW" as just derailing attempts by the people who for some to me incomprehensible reason see their white, straight masculinity threatened by this process.

The good news is that it's not working. There's been a massive improvement in gamer/geek culture over the past ten years or so, and it's only gathering momentum. It won't be too long until the last die-hards will be left behind with the MGOTW's, pickup artists, and MRA's in their little bitter self-imposed jerk circle.

• Like 1

I see terms like "white knight" or "SJW" as just derailing attempts by the people who for some to me incomprehensible reason see their white, straight masculinity threatened by this process.

Oppressed Minority.

You're not allowed to post an image like that, that's an oversexualized image, those boobs are unrealistic, and it's a sexist image! Clearly not representative of womyns in gayming.

If you took the time to actually read the links I provided, you'd notice that it's not all about myths and folklore... Also, as mentioned before, I have personal experience of women fighting alongside men.

Edit: However, women have not been accepted to join the recon or guerrilla forces because they have not passed the physical tests but guerrillas operate behind the frontiles haha.

Shield Maidens were found as defenders in armor (light?) who lost (how effective were they?).

It's not just elite branches of the military. It's in everyday sports too, womens league exists for a reason.

True, but, once again, this is not a real world simulation so one should not rely on our history as the absolute standard. This is a fantasy setting in which souls provide power. The rules are different. Women with intact souls may fight at least as well as men.

• Like 3

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

True, but, once again, this is not a real world simulation so one should not rely on our history as the absolute standard. This is a fantasy setting in which souls provide power. The rules are different. Women with intact souls may fight at least as well as men.

Believe it or not, that was the point I was trying to make... This game is not based on the real world, it doesn't need to justify anything, including boob armor.

Believe it or not, that was the point I was trying to make... This game is not based on the real world, it doesn't need to justify anything, including boob armor.

A fictional setting should be internally consistent. If you want your male warriors to go into battle wearing giant golden codpieces and nothing else while the women wear functionally designed, meticulously crafted Nürnberg plate, then there should be some in-world explanation for that. To do that just because you like giant golden codpieces and lots of hard, muscular male flesh is careless, shoddy worldbuilding.

• Like 1

A fictional setting should be internally consistent. If you want your male warriors to go into battle wearing giant golden codpieces and nothing else while the women wear functionally designed, meticulously crafted Nürnberg plate, then there should be some in-world explanation for that. To do that just because you like giant golden codpieces and lots of hard, muscular male flesh is careless, shoddy worldbuilding.

Oh? Then let's see if they explain how girls are as strong as the boys and a bunch of other things that don't conform to the real world...

Which part of "internally consistent" don't you understand, Sarex?

Here, I'll put it in real simple terms.

There are obvious, mechanical reasons why boobplate or golden codpieces make for lousy armor. Therefore, if in a fictional setting one gender or the other charges into battle wearing such stuff, it needs an explanation. Either they get lots of fatalities, or there's some other magic thing going on, which needs to be explained. If there is no explanation, the setting is internally inconsistent. It fails to account for something obviously, mechanically, wrong. With me so far?

There is, however, no physical reason why one gender of any given species should be physically weaker than the other. In fact the contrary is true in many species. Still with me? Good.

Therefore, the creator of a fictional setting can make genders in fictional species or race -- human, demihuman, humanoid, other, whatever -- be just as equal or different in physical or mental characteristics as s/he wants, without having to give an explanation for it. This is because it doesn't violate any of the setting's internal rules. This applies to aumaua and orlan just as well as ocean or meadow humans.

Of course you're also wrong about women of the species homo sapiens sapiens on this planet not being physically capable of, say, fighting in full plate armor with a Doppelschwert, given suitable training, but that's a tangent I'm not going to get into here. I'll just leave a couple of links:

http://fashionablygeek.com/videos-2/this-armored-lady-won-the-longsword-competition-at-a-world-invitational-tournament/

Edited by PrimeJunta
  • Like 1