Stats query - how many lepers 'til sainthood?

Walsingham

I was just thinking: how many people with a chronic illness would I have to lay hands on, before I would 'miraculously' cure at least three?

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• Like 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Try it and find out.

• Like 5

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Indeed. It would be a much better use of your time than asking strangers on the internet about it. Go forth!

In your case, certainly. Lacking any concept of mathematics, or expected value.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Depends on the chronic disease and its stage.

Lepers with missing limbs and then you lay your hand on them and they regrow those limbs? Approximately infinite.

Borderline Type II Diabetes without nephropathy or opthalmopathy where they suddenly go and exercise and eat well afterward? Closer to a real number.

• Like 3

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

Indeed. It would be a much better use of your time than asking strangers on the internet about it. Go forth!

WTB coherence.

WTB coherence.

Well, no. That's right. Because people on the internet, much like people you see in the street, who maybe look a bit funny. Up to something I'd say. Definitely conspiring.

-Elwood Blues

Lay your hands on? That sounds most worrisome. You may be a leper too. Having your two dislodged hands placed on some ill person is rather disgusting and most likely contagious.  ;) 

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Don't aid the lepers, the bastards are conspiring with the lizardjews to make white males gay marry illegal Mexicans!

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Perhaps we are. I notice that unlike our lizardjew comrade I have had my posts deleted without notice.

No warnings, or moderation. Just deleted.

-Elwood Blues

Try it and find out.

agreed, we highly recommend that wals should go unto the peoples with chronic diseases and lay-on hands. am suspecting that before he gets three confirmed miracles he will either contract something horrific himself, or he will get beaten to a pulp by peoples who don't much like the idea o' being fondled by a grubby englishman with pretensions o' glorification.  either way, we thinks that the experiment would be an entertaining learning experience.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Not much of a downside to be seen.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Perhaps we are. I notice that unlike our lizardjew comrade I have had my posts deleted without notice.

Well, the lack of warnings or moderation may have something to do with the fact that your inbox is full. :p

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well, the lack of warnings or moderation may have something to do with the fact that your inbox is full. :p

Happens when you used to be a staff member and you get an infinite amount of room for you PM box...:p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Dammit I hope you wouldn't notice Walsh! heh - but are you sure it's not just posts that go off topic, you do remember we prune threads without notifying each and every one who was posting off topic?

Fortune favors the bald.

Don't aid the lepers, the bastards are conspiring with the lizardjews to make white males gay marry illegal Mexicans!

I was trying to come up with something witty to post, then realized I was not topping this one.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell