Games like Unreal 1?

Meshugger

all Unreal games are on sale on Steam right now.

Shadow Warrior is also on sale on Humble Bundle (its store)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I tried Shadow Warrior and I think I quit it quickly on account of how badly optimized the game was. It ran badly on my brand new laptop regardless of the graphical options:

My rig:

Intel Core i73632QM 8gig RAM Radeon HD8750M

Regardless of the fact that its mobile architecture the game should have run blisteringly fast on this machine.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I tried Shadow Warrior and I think I quit it quickly on account of how badly optimized the game was. It ran badly on my brand new laptop regardless of the graphical options:

My rig:

Intel Core i73632QM 8gig RAM Radeon HD8750M

Regardless of the fact that its mobile architecture the game should have run blisteringly fast on this machine.

The company has since released a number of patches. Maybe one of those improved optimization. I did play their previous game, Hard Reset, and that game was very well optimized. Very difficult as well.

Edited by licketysplit
  • Like 1

Would Crysis be a good one? It's more objective based than you guys are making out, but it does have the MASSIVE sprawling maps that are wide open.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The new Shadow Warrior game was not bad, imo. Though, they could have cut out some parts of it, because sometimes I thought the map types were way too long.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The new Shadow Warrior game was not bad, imo. Though, they could have cut out some parts of it, because sometimes I thought the map types were way too long.

On that note, the original Shadow Warrior wasn't too shabby either, even though I never got too far in it (back then I only had access to the demo). I should probably go back to it and try to finish it (it got re-released shortly before the new game came out).