Trying again for World of Darkness

TheHarlequin

With CCP biting the bullet on the Vampire MMO I feel Obsidian should try again for the World of Darkness license to make a Bloodlines 2 type CRPG. With CCP now in a evaluation stage of what to do next with the property this may be a great time to apprach the topic with them. I know from previous comments from Feargus they were just inches away from getting the lic from White Wolf before they were bought out by CCP. Approching CCP now while the iron is hot may be a golden oppurtunity for a very popular franchise that most gamers know even if they don't realize it.

My 2 coppers.

• Like 7

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Am I the only one that finds it silly that CCP would buy White Wolf*, stop White Wolf from working on anymore P&P games** so that they could concentrate on the World of Darkness MMORPG and then can the same? You'd think, even if it wasn't working they'd scrap it and do it again otherwise...what was the point?

Sucks to be White Wolf, I guess. If anything actually exists as more than "in name only" White Wolf.

*Technically, I think it was called a merger at the time, but when two companies merge and the other stops producing anything and becomes, relatively, non-existent...well it sure seems like CCP bought themselves White Wolf (see also Turner Networks and Warner Brothers)

**I think all of the new RPG material is done under license to Onyx Path, which, IIRC was established by a former White Wolf employee.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 3 weeks later...

Also its sad for the team members in Atlanta who lost their jobs; not sure if any of them were really employees of the old pre-CCP White Wolf or not (which would be sadder) but still its sad. Hope they find work soon.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man