Wizard spellcasting without scepter/wand/rod

is it possible to have the wizard cast spells without him using a scepter/wand/rod? or is this information still unknown?

what do you guys think?

is spellcasting possible without an grimmoire in the offhand i.e. will casting while wielding a two handed weapon be possible?

any information is appreciated :w00t:

I'm thinking this is a troll thread. This question has been answered before.

you need a grimoire to cast spells. there are no sorcerors in this game.

wands, scepters are not used to cast spells, they cast "blast."

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

thanks for the reply. i assure you this is no troll thread. was searching the wiki and didnt find that piece of information. the reason i am asking is this:

i read on the wiki that there is a specific inventory slot for grimoires so is it equipped in the offhand or in a separate slot? or is this information unkown at this point?

i am thinking about the possibilty of a staff wielding melee wizard build which would be impossible if no spellcastin was possible without the grimoire in the offhand.

if i understand you correctly wand/scepters are basicly functioning like the staves in dragon age origins?

I suspect that the grimoire is not being held in any hand, and you have a separate slot for it.

Although it seems that it appears in avatar's hands while casting - as seen in the teaser video (1:07).

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I suspect that the grimoire is not being held in any hand, and you have a separate slot for it.

Although it seems that it appears in avatar's hands while casting - as seen in the teaser video (1:07).

thats what triggered me registering and asking the question :D

Wielding a staff as a mage in Baldur's Gate and casting a spell also made the weapon disappear for the time being. Relax.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Wielding a staff as a mage in Baldur's Gate and casting a spell also made the weapon disappear for the time being. Relax.

that i wont mind. maybe i have watched too many dark soul 2 on youtube :p

A wizard's grimoire goes in a special slot that only wizards have.  They carry it in their off hand if they don't have anything in that hand.  Otherwise, it only appears during spellcasting.

• Like 5

A wizard's grimoire goes in a special slot that only wizards have.  They carry it in their off hand if they don't have anything in that hand.  Otherwise, it only appears during spellcasting.

zeee you've got yourself an answer, courtesy of Josh.

thats what i was hoping for :p thanks

Edited by zeee

Josh is so great, to spend the time to pop in and answer things like this, ^_^.

This means I can have my War Scythe-wielding Wizard and still stop to cast spells without manually switching weapons! 8D! Well, I mean... if war scythes (or regular ones, even though they're horribly impractical as weapons, haha) are in. I'll understand if they're not. I'll just be sad. I'll find some other "unconventional" Wizard weapon to be weird with.

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

So are we looking at spell effects and animations of different kinds involving the book? That'd be..

..um. I want the grimoire to suck blue strands of ether from the souls of my enemies, mount them on the ridge of the book, and play death metal on them. Just saying.

• Like 1

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!