What are you playing now

Beat chapter 1 in Blackguards. It's not an easy game at all. I had to restart the whole thing and roll a new character, because of how complex I thought character development is. I don't mind it, but it seems that I didn't build a particularly good character. Going with a melee build with some magic and ranged if situations demand it. I usually don't respec my characters, but I wish the option was there in this game.

Wrapped up BbF. It was good, but not as good as I expected it to be. Then again small Euro devs can only incrementally improve due to infinitesimal budgets compared to the AAAAAAAA dreadnoughts.

Looking forward to the next Cyanide/Spiders game. Hopefully Aarklash 2.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Added Bound By Flame to my playing list. So far it makes me think of a Budget Dragon Age title, but it has enough of its own charms to keep me interested.

Glad I figured out how to skip dialogues as I read more faster than the VO actors act.

So far BBF makes me think DA is the low budget knock-off made by amateurs who know nothing about making games or write anything except cloying or maudlin dialog. Of course so far no homosexuals have hit on me, and no one told me about their sad childhoods or long lost siblings, so there's always hope.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

The varied combat difficulties in Gears of War remind me a lot of the complaints of the differences between regular combat and boss fights in DX: HR.  I'm absolutely mowing through the regular slugs in GoW, then suddenly the boss is near impossible in solo play.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Wrapped up BbF. It was good, but not as good as I expected it to be. Then again small Euro devs can only incrementally improve due to infinitesimal budgets compared to the AAAAAAAA dreadnoughts.

Looking forward to the next Cyanide/Spiders game. Hopefully Aarklash 2.

I hope that Cyanide Styx stealth RPG turns out well.  That could be really interesting, though they need to make a way better stealth system than the super basic stealth they had in Of Orcs and Men.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Tried a bit of Aarklash but I'm not really enjoying it. Something about games with a set group of characters that I can't customize turns me off. I guess I just fail at roleplaying because if I'm not a stunning beefy mcmacho type with ladies drooling all over me I guess I just can't relate because it's just too foreign to me  :p

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

Tried a bit of Aarklash but I'm not really enjoying it. Something about games with a set group of characters that I can't customize turns me off. I guess I just fail at roleplaying because if I'm not a stunning beefy mcmacho type with ladies drooling all over me I guess I just can't relate because it's just too foreign to me :p

Lol. Awesome post

Tried a bit of Aarklash but I'm not really enjoying it. Something about games with a set group of characters that I can't customize turns me off. I guess I just fail at roleplaying because if I'm not a stunning beefy mcmacho type with ladies drooling all over me I guess I just can't relate because it's just too foreign to me  :p

Hehe.

If you give it another chance, try to approach it more as a small unit tactics thingy.

The game is all about combat. And the various puzzle bits of course. But mainly it is about surviving each battle. For what it is, it is a rather good game.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Finished Severance: Blade of Darkness, one forgets how disappointing the ending is, a shame.

Started on the Game of Thrones rpg, nice to play as a gammer rather than the generic blue eyed, brown haired, stubbly thirty year old gent from most other games, and the dog is pleasingly ugly. I don't envy Mr Cosmo recording all those lines of exposition, still it seems quite enjoyable so far and I most definitely like the combat.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

King's Bounty: The Legend

This game has various points where it starts to drag and I feel Freedom Isles was one of them. I just keep sailing around, trying to beat the enemies starting from the weakest and grabbing all the loot I can before I start fighting. Usually it's either that or bashing my way through the direct path to next main objective which is usually filled with fights where my damages/costs outweigh the gains.

Then I went "F*** it, let me grab the map from the pirate by killing Redbeard and do some progress", and thankfully the mines that it unlocked let me get my first Level 5 unit, The Giant. This thing... kinda rocks at this moment, if you let me understate. Horrible mobility, but once every 2 rounds he can do massive damage to every enemy ground unit in battle.

Edited by Nordicus

Heh, did the Gears of War developers get massive backlash over the endboss Raam from the first game?

I just finished the second game, came to the final "boss fight" and after hitting it with three or four Hammers of Dawn, the credits rolled.  I was like, wait, what?  That's ... it?

After the controller tossing-induced battle against Raam in GoW1, I was absolutely shocked at how utterly easy the ending of GoW2 is.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Slowly making my way to 50 in Elder Scrolls Online and when I'm not playing that I've been playing Final Fantasy X(Vita) remake and MVP Baseball 2005(XBOX).

Yeah I'm up to 36 and it has been flying by.  Although apparently once you hit 50 you still level quite a bit, they just call them Veteran Ranks.

• Like 1

Just about rage-quit, but only because patience is my last strong suit, and not the fault of Half-Life 2. Still, gravity-gunning wood pallets so I can walk on sand without disturbing antlions is tedious. I think I'm almost done, though, so ...

All Stop. On Screen.

Slowly making my way to 50 in Elder Scrolls Online and when I'm not playing that I've been playing Final Fantasy X(Vita) remake and MVP Baseball 2005(XBOX).

Yeah I'm up to 36 and it has been flying by.  Although apparently once you hit 50 you still level quite a bit, they just call them Veteran Ranks.

That's crazy, we're both going at the same pace.....I just hit 37 last night.

Not sure how I'm going to feel about quest grinding for veteran ranks at 50.  Sure, you get to experience the other factions stories and what not but I'd rather get VR doing PvP in Cyrodiil but I've been told that is not an efficient way of doing it.  I have a friend who hit 50, spent 2 weeks getting to VR2 and quit because he got bored.

Played a bit of ME2 and the Citadel DLC for ME3.

Honestly if they'd made the Citadel DLC the complete Epilogue for the entire series, I think it would have been much better received. I mean it's basically already an Epilogue it's just that the game in general isn't designed for a proper epilogue, so it gets stuck in there randomly. It certainly fit the tone of the two previous games a bit better (with VERY little pessimism as compared to the rest of the game, while the others are very much on the optimism side of things).

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Dark Souls on the PS3.

Goddamn my fingers hurt.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Democracy 3 - First attempt at correcting America ran the economy into the ground and got me assassinated right quick by a wealthy cabal of capitalists.

Such a thing is not without precedent. The conspiracy involving capitalists, I mean. It's a dubious claim that Roosevelt's New Deal did anything of the sort of running the American economy into the ground (at least any more so than the damage that was already done by the Great Depression).

That seems right. 

Try to fix anything else in other countries and you'll get killed by Christians. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Mostly gaming CS:GO right now, but the fact that 95% of the players in competetive are rude to the bone makes me consider quiting it for now. Remember a time when gaming MMO's and online games equaled a good time. Also been playing some Age of Mythology: Extended Edition - fun game but having alot of issues with it on Steam, taking forever to load and crashes alot.

Thinking about buying the new King's Bounty: Dark Side - but it's still a early access game, might be wise to wait with buying it.

Can't wait for Pillars of Eternity - as of right now the only game I'm really looking forward to.

Added Bound By Flame to my playing list. So far it makes me think of a Budget Dragon Age title, but it has enough of its own charms to keep me interested.

Glad I figured out how to skip dialogues as I read more faster than the VO actors act.

So far BBF makes me think DA is the low budget knock-off made by amateurs who know nothing about making games or write anything except cloying or maudlin dialog. Of course so far no homosexuals have hit on me, and no one told me about their sad childhoods or long lost siblings, so there's always hope.

I wasn't really talking about quality of stories (or even comparing the stories even if they share some common tropes - both have a main character who becomes invested with a power that makes them uniquely qualified to face a menace to their society. Both have scantily clad witches found in woods, and female members of what appears to be a scholarly religious order, etc).

I was more thinking in some of the production elements (although this may be from playing on a PS3 and not a computer, too, think about it). Things like the handling of the controls (I sometimes have to walk away from things, turn around and walk back to get positioned to trigger a "pick-up" notice), some of the quests not triggering (or failing) properly, etc.

Its an enjoyable game, hope I get some more time at it.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Played a bit of ME2 and the Citadel DLC for ME3.

Honestly if they'd made the Citadel DLC the complete Epilogue for the entire series, I think it would have been much better received. I mean it's basically already an Epilogue it's just that the game in general isn't designed for a proper epilogue, so it gets stuck in there randomly. It certainly fit the tone of the two previous games a bit better (with VERY little pessimism as compared to the rest of the game, while the others are very much on the optimism side of things).

In isolation, the Citadel DLC would work as an epilogue.  But in the context of the rest of the game, IMO, it didn't make a whole lot of sense.  Setting up a shore leave party for your crew while you're desperately racing against time to stop the Reapers from destroying Earth?

If they'd somehow worked the story where they could fit the DLC after the red/blue/green choice, then I could see it.  As it stands, it kind of stood out as a weird thing to do in the middle of a universal catastrophe.