What are you playing now

I'm still playing Fire Emblem: Awakening.  Finally got loads and loads of Master and Secondary Seals. 

And actually I've realized a few things about the FE series that makes me want to go back and play that DS FE game I got and never finished...

can't you romance characters in fire emblem: awakening?  tell bruce that it were buckets o' fun when you romanced an elf girl (or boy?) and got yourself married. c'mon, it will make his day.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Paper Sorcerer is doing a pretty satisfactory job of scratching my 'Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord' itch.  Considerably more depth to combat and party selection than I originally anticipated, though I don't know how much call there is for exploring that depth on anything but the two highest difficulty settings. I think the easier settings might prevent the sort of necessitated critical thinking required to get the most out of trying the various character combos. Best five bucks I've spent in a long time.   Notwithstanding the Dogfish Head IPA I had last night. :p

Edited by Clegane
  • Like 1

So the tl;dr version of point 2 is: Dear Watch-Dogs devs, please play Alpha Protocol.

Heh, even Saints Row games give you more news reports on things you've done in game then Watch Dogs.. ;)

Or maybe you just need a really crappy reputation with the citizenry of Chicago. Anyone played that route yet?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

After 118 hours, I can uninstall Skyrim. Missed a few Daedric quests, but I don't care. Main story and the whole Civil War story were not very interesting. It was what made me stop playing the game when it came out. When I resumed my save late last year, I decided to just explore and not bother with those. That's what I did for most of my playtime. Poor combat system, boring story, but fun exploration and a few fun quests. The guild quests were the most disappointing in the series (only played III, IV & V), none of them were really captivating. The dark Brotherhood had the assassinations, and that's good, I suppose. The Thieves Guild, however, was the biggest letdown. I wanted to do heists, dammit. I do not regret playing the game as the exploration and fooling around in the world was what I was hoping I was going to like, and that was what I liked. If one buys the game for great storytelling, one might be a bit disappointed.

• Like 1

I'm still playing Fire Emblem: Awakening.  Finally got loads and loads of Master and Secondary Seals. 

And actually I've realized a few things about the FE series that makes me want to go back and play that DS FE game I got and never finished...

can't you romance characters in fire emblem: awakening?  tell bruce that it were buckets o' fun when you romanced an elf girl (or boy?) and got yourself married. c'mon, it will make his day.

HA! Good Fun!

http://www.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-awakening/Marriage_and_Children

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm still Watching_Dogs.  I've mostly been doing side stuff and am only 2/3 of the way through the 1st act.  I just finished unlocking all the ctOS stations and bugging all the ctOS towers.  I really enjoy breaking into the ctOS stations, so many different ways to get the job done.  I broke into one sniper style, simply finding a good spot to set up, breaking out my SVD, and using lures and distractions to get good shots on goons.  I broke into one pure stealth style, sneaking around and cracking skulls with my telescoping baton.  I broke into one Rambo style, guns blazing, explosions everywhere.  I even broke into one without ever setting foot in the restricted area, simply by hacking gameras and creatively using distractions to lure the guy wearing a camera to where I needed him to go.  Good times.

I just wish the cars didn't feel like they were all made out of styrofoam.  For the sequel, they need a much better driving model.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Forgot how massive the exposition was in ME. Enjoyable though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Since my cheap ass aftermarket 360 controller bit the dust (The right trigger broke.  I had previously glued the piece back together but it broke again.  I have a one fix policy, I'll try to fix it once, if it breaks again in the same spot, it's telling me to get a new product), I'm setting Watch_Dogs aside until the new one I ordered (an actual real deal Microsoft one, this time) gets delivered, since driving with m&kb is not something I want to do.  

Instead, I started playing Grim Dawn again, after having taken a several month break from the game.  The game has changed a whole bunch since I last played it.  Not only did they add the second act, crafting, new item types, artifacts, new quests, and so on, along with the constant balancing that goes into making a successful loot em up, but they also significantly improved the graphics while also making the game run a lot better than it did before.  The game looks really really nice now.  The textures are really sharp and the colors are really vibrant, which I actually kind of like in a dreary desolate wasteland type setting.  There are also much better particle and lighting effects now than pefore.  Really good work by the folks at Crate Entertainment.  I'll take some screenshots when I get back from my bike ride and play the game some more.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That Major Nelson guy said Xbox One controllers for PC are inbound. How soon "very soon" is in corporate speak is anyone's guess, but six months late is better than never. I wouldn't mind upgrading (if that will be the case) the wired 360 model I have now, with presumably a wireless XB1 unit.  

All Stop. On Screen.

The Xbone controller is great for one reason. Along with the standard rumble, it vibrates in the triggers when you shoot or drive. That alone makes it feel next gen. It feels great in Watch Dogs anyway, especially when shooting the ACR.

I switched over to the Xbone Watch Dogs because its more optimized. It lags too much for me on pc when I put textures in ultra. On Xbone the textures are indeed on the ultra setting and it runs smooth as silk

Edited by Bokishi

The xbone controller is great for one reason. Along with the standard rumble, it vibrates in the triggers when you shoot or drive. That alone makes it feel next gen

Do they make wired versions?  I don't like wireless controllers.  I may scoop up a wired Xbone controller in the future if they make wired ones, once they work on PC and once the Linux folks reverse engineer a driver.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The xbone controller is great for one reason. Along with the standard rumble, it vibrates in the triggers when you shoot or drive. That alone makes it feel next gen

Do they make wired versions?  I don't like wireless controllers.  I may scoop up a wired Xbone controller in the future if they make wired ones, once they work on PC and once the Linux folks reverse engineer a driver.

I use a PC wired Xbox controller for certain games ( like Sleeping Dogs), it works great

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

xbox ONE controllers Bruce

Thanks for the correction, I also meant to say wireless xbox one controller :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It connects to a USB cord in order to charge, with that same cord you can probably play wired

The plug and play/charge kit, at least for the 360 controller, doesn't allow it to actually work as a wired controller - still need a wireless transceiver.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Finished collecting all the trophies, letters, and enigma code fragments in Wolfenstein The New Order.  Also finished a play through each of Wyatt and Fergus.  I think that about does it for this game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Mario Kart 8. It's good, but is also the least-changed iteration of the mainline series compared to their respective immediate predecessors (never played any of the handheld versions). Looks gorgeous, some tracks make me want a free-roaming feature just to explore them ...on foot. Gameplay is generally unmodified from MKWii. Fixed some outstanding issues: the motion control gimmick for speed boosts is now optional, you can hit a button to get the same effect; tedious wheelies on bikes no longer exist; *four*-player Grand Prix is now available. Unlocking content is more forgiving now, unlike the Wii version where some requirements are exceedingly difficult and might never be unlocked by some players. Oddly what is unlocked each time is random (e.g. winning any cup at any engine class unlocks a character at random), but this is not a complaint.

On the downside, some irritating changes too: no map on the big screen, only on the gamepad display; split screen multiplayer now splits the screen vertically; no longer able to pick up a new item while dragging another; and the UI has somehow managed to get worse (need to hit a button to even display stats of your vehicle, no indication of each character's weight class, the need to restart online multiplayer rooms just to change character/kart, default selection after each race is "view highlights" instead of "next race"). Some mechanics I found non-obvious and not immediately intuitive (since there's no manual) include the ability to control elevation during the floaty bits, the speed boosts in anti-gravity mode, and predicting whether the camera would follow you or not on sideways segments.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

The randomised profiles on the people in Watch Dogs can be quite interesting. One guy I profiled had a statutory rape charge on his criminal record, which seems to be quite difficult to be charged with if the offender was 15. 

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Making headway in Legend of Grimrock, I made it down to level 9 and suddenly I find myself fighting blue dinosaurs :shrugz:

As I suspected the timed puzzles can get really annoying at times (I especially recall the trapdoor one with the timed switches and the beams of light on level 8) and combat has gotten pretty old already (ends up as either a square dance or a RNG based "whoever rolls better wins"-affair). I've also found I'm pretty much ignoring my wizard once combat has actually started as having to tap in rune combinations for every spell just tends to take too much time.

• Like 1

Making headway in Legend of Grimrock, I made it down to level 9 and suddenly I find myself fighting blue dinosaurs :shrugz:

As I suspected the timed puzzles can get really annoying at times (I especially recall the trapdoor one with the timed switches and the beams of light on level 8) and combat has gotten pretty old already (ends up as either a square dance or a RNG based "whoever rolls better wins"-affair). I've also found I'm pretty much ignoring my wizard once combat has actually started as having to tap in rune combinations for every spell just tends to take too much time.

I have this game on Steam and I am considering playing it next

John Milton 

The randomised profiles on the people in Watch Dogs can be quite interesting. One guy I profiled had a statutory rape charge on his criminal record, which seems to be quite difficult to be charged with if the offender was 15. 

Why is that strange? Statutory rape can apply to any age of the perpetrator ( well in my country that's how it works) Its the age of the victim that is relevant

John Milton