What are you playing now

Played a few different things a bit recently.

Rerturned to Guns of Icarus Online for a single match, graphics seem to have improved since I last played quite some months ago. Can't say much else since the game I ended up in wasn't particularly interesting. The addition of keyed voice commands seems rather useful, not everyone has or wants to use a microphone in random groups and communication is key in this game (at least, assuming the match ends up being somewhat of a challenge)

Also gave my friend a little demonstration of how much harder XCom: Enemey Within is compared to the original (assuming you don't (ab)use the overpowered stuff). We ended up in a rather pickly situation involving a cyberdisc, a mechtoid, a sectopod and some mutons. Ended up being a rather challenging and fun fight. Good thing it wasn't on iron man though ;)

We also had a look at Dragon Commander, the first act was pretty fun, the second pretty frustrating. Apparently you just have to squeeze everything you can out of the first act so you get a proper chance in the second (otherwise you start outgunned, outnumbered and with pretty much no gold or research points). I'll see if I can manage anyway with what I have, but the fact that "gaming" the first Act is the accepted and recommended solution to the start of Act 2 points to some questionable design decisions there imho.

I always dread if a promise is made "the next game is fully voiced"... see Drakensang 1/2 to see how an extreme decrease of quality and quantity in dialogues such a difference makes. So sad, so very very sad.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

We also had a look at Dragon Commander, the first act was pretty fun, the second pretty frustrating. Apparently you just have to squeeze everything you can out of the first act so you get a proper chance in the second (otherwise you start outgunned, outnumbered and with pretty much no gold or research points). I'll see if I can manage anyway with what I have, but the fact that "gaming" the first Act is the accepted and recommended solution to the start of Act 2 points to some questionable design decisions there imho.

And then you really have to squeeze even more out of Act 2 or the final Act 3 will be even more frustrating :/

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

The Walking Dead S2 E3.  Each episode this season has had less "player" interaction than the last.  This latest episode has only 2 or 3 places, other than dialogue choices, where the player is required to make any input.  Regardless, I'm still hooked on the story and will stick with it till the end.

Guest Slinky

The Walking Dead S2 E3.  Each episode this season has had less "player" interaction than the last.  This latest episode has only 2 or 3 places, other than dialogue choices, where the player is required to make any input.  Regardless, I'm still hooked on the story and will stick with it till the end.

Sheesh, really? Like there was massive amounts of gameplay in the first season already. I will still get it since I liked S1, but if they are going for full out interactive tv-miniseries with it I think I'll wait for a sale.

Added Bound By Flame to my playing list. So far it makes me think of a Budget Dragon Age title, but it has enough of its own charms to keep me interested.

Glad I figured out how to skip dialogues as I read more faster than the VO actors act.

How are you finding the derogatory references to women? And yes I haven't played this game but its not just the Eurogamer review that made a point of pointing this out. Other gaming websites had the exact same criticism so there  must be some truth to it

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Guest Slinky

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you BruceVC, the magnificent defender and champion of the fairer sex!

Who also happens to like nudity mods.

Slinky, I'm sure those nude mods are perfectly tastefully done and are used solely to fully showcase the elegance of the female form and in no way, shape, or form, objectify those poor, weak, defenseless women who so desperately need us men to come to their rescue, even when they don't ask for us to do so.

• Like 6

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Guest Slinky

Why of course my good sir, nudity mods have nothing to do with this. I don't even understand why I brought them up.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you BruceVC, the magnificent defender and champion of the fairer sex!

Who also happens to like nudity mods.

:lol:

Yes I do like adult Mods and thought Isabella was smoking hot. But that doesn't mean I find demeaning and offensive references to women acceptable, there is no contradiction here :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Added Bound By Flame to my playing list. So far it makes me think of a Budget Dragon Age title, but it has enough of its own charms to keep me interested.

Glad I figured out how to skip dialogues as I read more faster than the VO actors act.

How are you finding the derogatory references to women? And yes I haven't played this game but its not just the Eurogamer review that made a point of pointing this out. Other gaming websites had the exact same criticism so there  must be some truth to it

How am I finding them? Mostly by going through the game.

*ba-dum-dum-tsch!* Thank you, thank you...I'll be here all week. Be sure to try the veal.

Seriously, I'm not sure I'm far enough into it to see anything that's terribly bad (if it exists). There is a scantily clad character who is both commented on (and disliked both for appearance and for "being a witch") and gives back what she gets. There are some unsavory comments regarding women - but this to me seems specific to characters (the biggest amount of "whore" calling, for example, is a drunk) or to the society that has yet to crumble more than some kind of commentary on the real world (certainly exceptional women exist in the world, and aren't all scantily clad sex workers).

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

How am I finding them? Mostly by going through the game.

*ba-dum-dum-tsch!* Thank you, thank you...I'll be here all week. Be sure to try the veal.

Seriously, I'm not sure I'm far enough into it to see anything that's terribly bad (if it exists). There is a scantily clad character who is both commented on (and disliked both for appearance and for "being a witch") and gives back what she gets. There are some unsavory comments regarding women - but this to me seems specific to characters (the biggest amount of "whore" calling, for example, is a drunk) or to the society that has yet to crumble more than some kind of commentary on the real world (certainly exceptional women exist in the world, and aren't all scantily clad sex workers).

" How am I finding them? Mostly by going through the game"

:lol: as usual your humor cracks me up

At the end of the game I would like your honest opinion if you felt the offensive references to women are as prevalent as some of the gaming websites have raised. I am interested in an objective opinion on this matter

John Milton 

Metal Gear Solid 2 HD

Okay, first parts with Raiden, and this is basically a second tutorial right now because people are allowed to skip the Snake portion at the beginning.

I've only met Rose for 5 minutes and I already see why people dislike her.

Colonel: "Rose, call him Raiden during this mission alright?"

Rose: "Okay, got it"

*30 seconds later*

Rose: "Hey Jack, do you know what day April 30th is?"

Raiden: "Err no, is it something important?"

Rose: "It is important enough. But I won't tell you why if you're not going to figure it yourself" *pout*

Goddamnit Rose!

My favorite Metal Gear next to Snake Eater.

hitler-takes-off-glasses-o.gif

• Like 3

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

^ Hitler's agony was shorter than ours. 

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Gothic 3 - I did enough in Cape Dun to earn the orcs' trust and get in to see Uruk.  I'll hold off on killing the rebel in the town and wiping out Reddock for now, I don't want to decisively side with either faction yet.  Currently, I'm wiping out Ortega and his thugs with Cyrus.  I got about 3/4 of the way through wiping out the thugs in that cave when I had to stop to go to work (damn work, always ruining everything).  I'll finish that up when I get home, then leave the Cape Dun area behind and move on to the area around Montera.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Dark Souls 2. On my second playthrough I'm trying to go for a warrior/hexer build (first was warrior/faith). I like the idea of Drangleic being

Lordran

Edited by Bendu

Gothic 3 - I'm in Montera fighting in the arena to get my reputation up.  I'm still playing both sides.  I'll do some work for the mercenaries, maybe rescue a slave for the rebels, do some odd jobs for them to get them to trust me, then I'll move on to the next town.  Eventually, I'll have to wipe out a reberl outpost and cement my aliegance to the orcs, but I'll hold that off as long as I can.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Gothic 3 - I'm in Montera fighting in the arena to get my reputation up.  I'm still playing both sides.  I'll do some work for the mercenaries, maybe rescue a slave for the rebels, do some odd jobs for them to get them to trust me, then I'll move on to the next town.  Eventually, I'll have to wipe out a reberl outpost and cement my aliegance to the orcs, but I'll hold that off as long as I can.

I could never align myself mentally  with the Orcs, I always had an issue with the fact they kept fellow humans in slavery and treated humans with utter disdain. But I did enjoy working for both sides in Gothic 3 to gain XP until I started killing the various Orc leaders

John Milton 

Democracy 3 - First attempt at correcting America ran the economy into the ground and got me assassinated right quick by a wealthy cabal of capitalists. Second attempt was a rousing success because with a little luck I was able to get a budget surplus early on by focusing heavily on the economy before even touching health care, education, environmental, and equality issues. I did so well in fact I got over 90% of the vote even though the religious sector was plotting my downfall.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Democracy 3 - First attempt at correcting America ran the economy into the ground and got me assassinated right quick by a wealthy cabal of capitalists.

Such a thing is not without precedent. The conspiracy involving capitalists, I mean. It's a dubious claim that Roosevelt's New Deal did anything of the sort of running the American economy into the ground (at least any more so than the damage that was already done by the Great Depression).

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I finished Deus Ex : HR last night. Its a good game, A solid 68/100 on the much respected " BruceVC gaming rating barometer"

Its a good story and I liked the various augmentations. I particularly enjoyed hacking and turning the various robots against enemies.

I bought Spec Ops : The Line this week so I start on that today :)

John Milton