RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Have you guys heard about Prince of Persia going back to 2d? Really disappointed by it, I was really hoping that they would try for another reboot of the brand. But I guess while the Ass Creed keeps pumping money they don't care about making risks.

Personally, I'm excited.  I love me some 2D platformers.  Besides, there's already a 3D Prince of Persia series being actively developed by Ubisoft, it's called Assassin's Creed.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Personally, I'm excited.  I love me some 2D platformers.  Besides, there's already a 3D Prince of Persia series being actively developed by Ubisoft, it's called Assassin's Creed.

Booooooo, I say, boooooooo!

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

The 2008 PoP reboot was fine but then Ubisoft threw everything out of the window by making the half-assed Forgotten Sands, where entire levels were just a copy-paste of Sands of Time/Warrior Within/Two Thrones levels.

Better to leave this franchise in torpor.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

As long as it retains the slower, more deliberate and less chaotic platforming that the series pioneered (then followed by Flashback), I'd give it a look. The Rayman reboot is fantastic but isn't what I'd be looking for in a PoP game. Platformers may be the indie genre du jour, but very few attempt even semi-reasonable physics and are instead usually flat and floaty.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

More American Truck Simulator screenies:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/05/06/road-to-joy-american-truck-simulator-images/

ats7.jpg

ats1.jpg

ats2.jpg

ats3.jpg

ats4.jpg

ats5.jpg

ats6.jpg

ats8.jpg

I'm so getting this when it comes out.  :dancing:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 5

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

More American Truck Simulator screenies:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/05/06/road-to-joy-american-truck-simulator-images/

ats7.jpg

ats1.jpg

ats2.jpg

ats3.jpg

ats4.jpg

ats5.jpg

ats6.jpg

ats8.jpg

I'm so getting this when it comes out.  :dancing:

But Keyrock this doesn't look like a game where you can drive over people and kill small furry animals, don't you think it may get boring?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Not familiar with the series, so will American Truck Simulator recreate every major city, or just select parts of the country?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Not familiar with the series, so will American Truck Simulator recreate every major city, or just select parts of the country?

We don’t want to release even the initial version of the game (which frankly will only be a “slice” of the future big whole-continent 100+ cities vision of the complete game) with unlicensed vehicles. We have been through the trouble with ETS2, and it complicates things just too much. We want to set the bar high and push for maximum fidelity, and proper branding when vehicles are introduced into the game is very important to have our game taken seriously.

On the world content side, the team building the game has been growing, and we see real magic happening in the map! But as with everything, it is a balancing act – the more detail we put in, the longer it takes to build. We need to get our content creation pipeline into the best possible shape for the initial game release to be able to support it with a stream of additional content releases down the line.

The initial release will only be part of the continent, then they will add more later.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The screens look great. If it will look similar to that in the gactual game later, even I might consider checking it out.

Damn, I want Train Simulator to look like that too.

And then I want Oculus Rift support.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Bound By Flame launch trailer:

I'm happy to see they've continued the tradition of hilariously bad voice overs.

I'll be interested to hear impressions of this game if anyone here winds up getting it.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

combat looks a lot like Dragon Age 2. it's not a compliment: laggy animations and no reaction to hits from enemies... meh, I'll pass

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Bound By Flame launch trailer:

I'm happy to see they've continued the tradition of hilariously bad voice overs.

I'll be interested to hear impressions of this game if anyone here winds up getting it.

I have it pre-ordered from GMG

Was only 27 bucks

EDIT: FUSWJT-B1DU64-JBV8UY 20% off code for GMG that I used. Hopefully it still works

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

combat looks a lot like Dragon Age 2. it's not a compliment: laggy animations and no reaction to hits from enemies... meh, I'll pass

It's definitely more "actiony" than I usually go for but at this point not a lot of studios are making the type of game I would prefer to play

Free games updated 3/4/21

I finish Remember me tomorrow, then I'll play this.

They really picked a good time to release this considering how PS4 is starved for arrpeegee (or any games at all for that matter).

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

and 2/3 of that will be the marketing budget

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I hadn't heard of the game until you posted the above. So it's not very effectively being marketed despite that.

Same as me. Never heard of it before

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

No PC version announced, therefore minimal PC coverage is probably why nobody has heard of it. Plus it's still a fair way off.

I'm not actually sure now if that rumoured amount is more or less than some of the more outlandish claims about how much TOR or ESO cost.

• Like 1

No PC version announced, therefore minimal PC coverage is probably why nobody has heard of it. Plus it's still a fair way off.

I'm not actually sure now if that rumoured amount is more or less than some of the more outlandish claims about how much TOR or ESO cost.

Okay no PC version, that's why I haven't heard of it. I generally only follow PC gaming development or games that I am desperate to get ported to PC like GTA V

John Milton 

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/05/07/womens-only-groups-star-citizen/#more-205659

Guys here is a really good article explaining how lady gamers can join exclusive groups if they want in Star Citizen, this is a good news story around an aspect of social justice

John Milton