RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

I know, talking more Wal-mart shelves though. But yeah, also needling a bit because I'm relatively pessimistic about near-future VR. :p

Same here.  Maybe not so much pessimistic, just not interested in the product in its current state, much like with Kinect.  VR is something I have no desire to own right now, but maybe in 5 or 6 years, when it's gone through several more iterations and the kinks have been worked out, then I'll consider it.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I would assume that Carmack can claim that Zenimax does not own him 24/7, so his work for the Rift happened during non-Zenimax time.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Is it like a Batman vs. Superman-thing?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

'Murica, **** Yeah!  Future Edition

With any luck, this one will railroad you and hold your hand down a linear path from setpiece to setpiece.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Gamespot - No One Lives Forever Trademark points to possible re-release

Classic first-person shooter series No One Lives Forever could be gearing up for a re-release, if newly discovered trademark filings are any indication.

It was unclear as recently as last month who, exactly, held the rights to No One Lives Forever after Activision--which acquired the game's now-defunct publisher, Sierra, as part of the merger that formed Activision Blizzard--indicated it was no longer responsible for the series.

Siliconera now reports that trademark filings were registered in April for the titles of several NOLF games, including the original, The Operative: No One Lives Forever; sequel No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way; and spin-off Contract J.A.C.K. Trademarks in and of themselves are not necessarily indicative of anything. However, considering the company who filed for them--Night Dive Studios--has been responsible for the re-releases of games like System Shock 2, it stands to reason that it intends to do the same with the NOLF games.

The company's CEO, Stephen Kick, wouldn't comment on its plans in a statement issued to Siliconera, only saying, "I would like to add that our team has a great fondness for these games and our hope is that they will one day be re-released."

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

'Murica, **** Yeah!  Future Edition

With any luck, this one will railroad you and hold your hand down a linear path from setpiece to setpiece.

PMCs are the new Arabs.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

As someone who's enjoyed Euro Truck Simulator 2 quite a bit last year, something of a wish of mine is taking shape as we speak:

SCS Software is making American Truck Simulator. Finally, I can get a whiff of that All-American trucker vibe! 

p579_07.jpg

Image looks a bit compressed, but anywho, you get it anyways! .)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

that looks like Tucson. on the other hand, it could be any Arizona/New Mexico small town

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

As someone who's enjoyed Euro Truck Simulator 2 quite a bit last year, something of a wish of mine is taking shape as we speak:

SCS Software is making American Truck Simulator. Finally, I can get a whiff of that All-American trucker vibe! 

p579_07.jpg

Image looks a bit compressed, but anywho, you get it anyways! .)

Nice.  Hopefully they strive for authenticity and have people cut me off on the road then flip me off.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Something I always wondered. Can American trucks really transform into gigantic robots?

Only with a permit. Some people don't like to deal with it, because it puts extra restrictions on your license as a result.
  • Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Something I always wondered. Can American trucks really transform into gigantic robots?

Yes, it happens all the time at monster truck rallies.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 4

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸