RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Project CARS vs. Real Life at Laguna Seca:

:thumbsup:

Can't walk past Laguna Seca without acknowledging that babe. A treasured, world-class hidden heart of American racing, that place. Corkscrew, you, man.

Am now certain on getting this CARS game.  

All Stop. On Screen.

The answer was always soundblaster, the other options were just there to confuse people. I'm talking about all the other stuff. Typing in folders and directories, removing and adding different pieces of hardware because certain games weren't comparable, kicking the PC which for some reason actually worked sometimes and all the other crazy and tedious things back when gaming was for nerds. 

That's why I have always used Norton Commander. Best application ever for having fun with DOS. Every problem was solved for me in matter of minutes :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Project CARS vs. Real Life at Laguna Seca:

:thumbsup:

Can't walk past Laguna Seca without acknowledging that babe. A treasured, world-class hidden heart of American racing, that place. Corkscrew, you, man.

Am now certain on getting this CARS game.  

And I think Laguna Seca is one of the most boring tracks. I just want to drive an Audi A3 around the Nürburgring and I'm happy.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

When an AI learns and has the inclination to teabag people it's probably time to disconnect it from the internet, just saying.

By the time we discover this inclination in said AI, which, for the sake of simplicity, I will hence forth arbitrarily refer to as Skynet, it may already be too late to "pull the plug" so to speak.  In fact, the very act of attempting to "pull the plug" on Skynet may produce repercussions.  

Oh yeah, I almost wish that an Omnipresent AI will take control over the mankind, just to see Terminators performing Teabagging on their victims :wowey:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

There exists a retail screenshot, on PS4 and XB1, for a tandem-trio release of Mass Effect 1,2,3. 

BUSCAR! Ver mas juegos PS4!

I'm not exactly sure that random Chilean retailers have the inside scoop.
  • Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well.. it is open world so I am bound by law to purchase it.

I dunno, I smell EA design on that. It will seem awesome for the first hour untill you realise that everything is cut and paste. 

Modular building is the cornerstone of open world, you can't really expect developers to come up with a different type or rock for every area.

It's up to the environment team to come up with creative ways to make it varied.

Also, not saying this about you personally but; it would be weird if everyone decided to focus on BW having repeated models when Skyrim was the same and met with critical acclaim.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It's not the map, it's the encounters, the gameplay, everything not connected to the main storyline.  Assassins Creed = Farcry 2 = Ever other EA open world game, right down to the icons. 

The first two examples are from Ubisoft, could you maybe come up with an example of an EA game?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/24cprc/leaked_screenshots_and_instruction_manual_for/

Some stuff from the World of Darkness MMO CCP was working on

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/24cprc/leaked_screenshots_and_instruction_manual_for/

Some stuff from the World of Darkness MMO CCP was working on

Sad to say but judging by the synopsis RPS made it doesn't seem we're missing out on much. A shame really since CCP is one of the few companies I had any hope for of bringing some actual new stuff to the tiring line of WoW-clones. Maybe the issue was that it wasn't really CCP proper who was working on it.

Zenimax sues John Carmack/ Oculus and by extension Facebook for code theft.

Verily, Zenimax is the Edge Games of games companies, and Bob Altman the Tim Langdell. Hopefully they have met their EA, not many fights I'd cheer for Facebook in, but Zenimax find a way...

The proprietary technology and know-how Mr. Carmack developed when he was a ZeniMax employee, and used by Oculus, are owned by ZeniMax.

First time I've seen anyone try claiming that "know-how" developed at a company is owned by a company. It's rather like Walmart suing a sales technician who moves to selling petrol for Shell because they learned to use a till at Walmart, and it is a recipe for professional slavery.

(And I don't even particularly like Oculus or Carmack, I even found doom/ quake etc boring)

• Like 2

Zenimax sues John Carmack/ Oculus and by extension Facebook for code theft.

Verily, Zenimax is the Edge Games of games companies, and Bob Altman the Tim Langdell. Hopefully they have met their EA, not many fights I'd cheer for Facebook in, but Zenimax find a way...

The proprietary technology and know-how Mr. Carmack developed when he was a ZeniMax employee, and used by Oculus, are owned by ZeniMax.

First time I've seen anyone try claiming that "know-how" developed at a company is owned by a company. It's rather like Walmart suing a sales technician who moves to selling petrol for Shell because they learned to use a till at Walmart, and it is a recipe for professional slavery.

(And I don't even particularly like Oculus or Carmack, I even found doom/ quake etc boring)

Gotta claw back some of that TES-O budget somehow  :dancing:

"Know-how" is actually a legal term too.

And the code you write for a company, is the companies property, otherwise why would you be getting payed.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

And the code you write for a company, is the companies property, otherwise why would you be getting payed.

But the source isn't, I don't think you can sue someone for plagiarizing themselves. I seem to recall a case about that but I can't remember the verdict.

village_idiot.gif

The standard is that anything done on the company's time or equipment is explicitly owned by the company and in some cases anything done even in the employees' own time is owned ie the employee is contracted exclusively to their employer. The first certainly would apply, the second would not as Zenimax knew that Carmack was working for Oculus simultaneously with them for a while and any alternative interpretation would defy all logic. Plus whichever rocket firm Carmack was working for as well might have to worry.

(I certainly remember a case where someone reconstructed functionally (but not literally) identical code from memory and it was found to be OK legally because it was not under patent, but I cannot find a narrow enough set of terms to find a ref on google, everything is swamped by links to software piracy)

And, in other random news...

Word Mark NO ONE LIVES FOREVER 

G & S: Computer game software; Computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; Interactive video game programs; Video game software

Serial Number 86263788

Filing Date April 26, 2014

Current Basis 1B Original Filing Basis 1B

Owner (APPLICANT) Night Dive Studios LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY OREGON 206 NW 20th Avenue Portland OREGON 97209

Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

But the source isn't, I don't think you can sue someone for plagiarizing themselves. I seem to recall a case about that but I can't remember the verdict.

In 1993 John Fogerty was sued by his old record label for plagiarising himself.  The lawsuit failed.  Not sure if this is what you were referring to, nor does it really resemble the Zenimax vd. Carmack case much.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Mattel vs Bratz, which seems superficially similar to me, took something like eight years to resolve (finally in Bratz's favour). Wonder if Oculus will even have a shippable product out in eight years. :p

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Mattel vs Bratz, which seems superficially similar to me, took something like eight years to resolve (finally in Bratz's favour). Wonder if Oculus will even have a shippable product out in eight years. :p

They've already shipped a product, dev kit 1, and are about to ship another, dev kit 2.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks