Can I fail to romance Viconia

by going through endless dialogue options, picking the right answer every time and yet strike out because I just can't bring myself to chose "cuddle" the third time around?

Will Minsc try to kill me if I don't go and rescue Dynaheir right away?

Will I be able to find a ring of protection by randomly clicking on rocks in one of the first maps?

I think It's stuff like the above that will make or break Path of Exile...

• Like 1

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

#1? No. Not even the equivalent. There is no cuddling in PoE. 

#2? Very likely. They've already said characters will leave your group if you do something too objectionable to them.

#3? No idea.

Edited by Death Machine Miyagi

genesis poster is possibly the only person we would ever use "ignore" feature to block. we once got a pm from him at rpg codex that were a depiction o' an individual being urinated and defecated 'pon.

classy.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

That reminds me of my mod days on BIS when half of all links posted to the forums (and bout 90% in IRC) were some form of tubgirl or goatse...

That said I shall endeavor to answer the question -

I am led to believe in PATH OF EXXXILE that you can get Viconia to click your rocks and get a ring of protection in the form of a virulent STD guaranteed to protect you from all but the most desperate for money nightwalkers; however the "first map" you allude to - used to rescue Dynaheir - is found somewhat differently than in dialogue with Viconia and fade-to-black screening.

To get the "first map", you must instead extricate it from where Minsc hid Boo that one time, and after taking the trouble of getting that map out, yeah Minsc is a bit touchy if you decide not to follow up on the lead he's so thoughtfully provided you. Dynaheir isn't terribly happy about it either, but then by the time you find out (in this scenario) its a little late for that information to be terribly relevant.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

genesis poster is possibly the only person we would ever use "ignore" feature to block. we once got a pm from him at rpg codex that were a depiction o' an individual being urinated and defecated 'pon.

classy.

HA! Good Fun!

My friend, that is simply not true, I've never posted on said site. As I recall we used to have a good relationship back in the days...

That reminds me of my mod days on BIS when half of all links posted to the forums (and bout 90% in IRC) were some form of tubgirl or goatse...

I am led to believe in PATH OF EXXXILE that you can get Viconia to click your rocks and get a ring of protection in the form of a virulent STD guaranteed to protect you from all but the most desperate for money nightwalkers; however the "first map" you allude to - used to rescue Dynaheir - is found somewhat differently than in dialogue with Viconia and fade-to-black screening.

To get the "first map", you must instead extricate it from where Minsc hid Boo that one time, and after taking the trouble of getting that map out, yeah Minsc is a bit touchy if you decide not to follow up on the lead he's so thoughtfully provided you. Dynaheir isn't terribly happy about it either, but then by the time you find out (in this scenario) its a little late for that information to be terribly relevant.

Hope this helps.

as much as I appreciate the effort, my questions are actually serious. The examples I mentioned are sadly missing from RPGs nowadays...

classy.

HA! Good Fun!

My friend, that is simply not true, I've never posted on said site. As I recall we used to have a good relationship back in the days...

if you aren't the poolofpoo from codex, then so be it... will take your word for it until proven otherwise.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The timed quests in the Baldur's Gate games were an interesting way of adding tension, but their implementation was fundamentally flawed. Minsc could attack you for not going to rescue Dynaheir in the Gnoll Stronghold...while you were standing in the Gnoll Stronghold. 

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
  • Like 2

Hope this helps.

as much as I appreciate the effort, my questions are actually serious. The examples I mentioned are sadly missing from RPGs nowadays...

Sorry, I assumed your use of "Path of Exile" instead of "Pillars of Eternity" indicated a lack of seriousness about your post.

Mea Culpa.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Will I be able to find a ring of protection by randomly clicking on rocks in one of the first maps?

Perhaps a magic item of some of less useful capability. Ring of soap protection, amulet of hangover absorption, boots of line dancing, shield of plymouth valiant, helm of lice warming, ...

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

The timed quests in the Baldur's Gate games were an interesting way of adding tension, but their implementation was fundamentally flawed. Minsc could attack you for not going to rescue Dynaheir in the Gnoll Stronghold...while you were standing in the Gnoll Stronghold. 

:lol: okay that would highlight some faulty AI

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That doesn't have anything to do with AI? :geek:

Just a missing check (if NOT in gnoll stronghold map (AOsomething I thing maps where called in BG))

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

At least they were consistent - cf Nalia and complaining about not helping the less fortunate when doing the quest she asks you to do in BGII.

virulent STD guaranteed to protect you from all but the most desperate for money nightwalkers

Huh. Y'know, given the way disease spreads wouldn't without either a magical or technical permanent solution for all STDs long lived cultures like those of elves or Asari all evolve to be pretty straitlaced?

Edited by ravenshrike

"You know, there's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it"

"If that's what you think, you're DOING IT WRONG."