Random Sales

melkathi

I think it's 15% off but if you get the coupon from Steam, it's 30% discount :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

• 2 weeks later...

"Ash of gods" is 30% off. Brilliant underrated tactical rpg.

To the noob, at first glance it looks similar to Banner Saga but it's actully the complete opposite (veterans of tactics genre - such as myself can see these differences right off the bat).

Is it worth the money? Why, yes, yes it is.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Pre-made characters, 54 playable characters, 12 of them being women but there is also modding tools with a modding community behind the game as well.

No problem!

I feel bad passing on free games. I still do it all the time but I still feel like a tinge a shame when I do, like their game which they poured their blood, sweat, and tears in isn't good enough for me even at no cost. Is a silliness I've never been able to shake.

Don't feel bad; if you ever worked a corporate job you would know, some sow the blood, sweat and tears but only a few reap the rewards. And those guys are ****.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

To the noob, at first glance it looks similar to Banner Saga but it's actully the complete opposite (veterans of tactics genre - such as myself can see these differences right off the bat).

I'm just so puzzled by this sentence. I mean, it comes across as forced, rather than a game recommendation.

Anyways, added to my wishlist, so thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

I'm just so puzzled by this sentence. I mean, it comes across as forced, rather than a game recommendation.

Anyways, added to my wishlist, so thanks for the heads up.

When the game first came up (it also had a Kickstarter) there was this minor internet drama about how Ash of Gods looks just like The Banner Saga. Understandably so, considering the artstyle and the setup of the turn based combat looks like taken directly from a Stoic side project. People even believed they might be backing a Banner Saga addon. ;)

The rest is #justsonicthings, really.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

When the game first came out? I take it you haven't been checking out the forums lately. People are still tricking themselves into thinking that it's a Banner Saga clone, bare in mind that it's only people who have never played the game. It probably started as a cncept of a clone, then sprouted as something far different. This is nothing new in the games industry.

I wish I could say that it's sonic things but it's just the usual gamer community paranoia/drama that we see when a game looks similar on surface, no different from Battlefield being compared to CoD or the like. I should probably recommend that people watch a gameplay video and see just how much the games differ so they can see what I'm talking about in this regard. Fortunately, the review scores also reflect that it is far from a clone as well.

Edited by SonicMage117

I did a pre alpha test of the game, when it didn't have graphics and you moved letters around a grid.

Devs wanted to test the bare bones concept on people. And they tried it on me because I wrote a negative review on banner Saga.

The game was always inspired by, but from the very start they were working on setting it apart.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

When the game first came out? I take it you haven't been checking out the forums lately. People are still tricking themselves into thinking that it's a Banner Saga clone, bare in mind that it's only people who have never played the game. It probably started as a cncept of a clone, then sprouted as something far different. This is nothing new in the games industry.

Let's be fair, they're not tricking themselves that much. The game looks like The Banner Saga, sounds like The Banner Saga and it certainly plays like The Banner Saga. The combat is more fun and gaining experience isn't as annoying.

Of course it tells a different story in a different way and branches about much more than TBS. That seperates it obviously, but you still could move any assets between the two games without anyone batting an eyelash.

edit:

I enjoyed Ash from Gods, don't misunderstand me, but they're like non-identical twins. Seperate yet very similar. :)

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Let's be fair, they're not tricking themselves that much. The game looks like The Banner Saga, sounds like The Banner Saga and it certainly plays like The Banner Saga. The combat is more fun and gaining experience isn't as annoying.

Of course it tells a different story in a different way and branches about much more than TBS. That seperates it obviously, but you still could move any assets between the two games without anyone batting an eyelash.

edit:

I enjoyed Ash from Gods, don't misunderstand me, but they're like non-identical twins. Seperate yet very similar. :)

I'd have enjoyed it a lot more if it was translated better. 

Humble Bundle has a female protagonist sale, offering Bayonetta for 69% off and Alien Isolation for 77%.

4 days after I got the latter for a friend's birthday. >.>

Screw you sleeping emote!

Edited by Oner

Stardock is having a sale on Steam..

All those space games.

Too bad Steam's Halloween sale is right around the corner and I'm in a horrible mood (horror games ensue).

Shadow Of The Tomb Raider has a huge discount right now.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a humble bundle sale with Shadow of Mordor (first one) and Batman Arham Origins for like 1$. Not a bad games i heard.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/wb-games-classics-bundle?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_1_layout_type_twos_tile_index_2

And if you ever feel disappointed with another AAAA cRPG it is time to take control, and makeyour own rpg. Almost like final fantasy. RPG Maker bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/degica-software?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_2_layout_type_threes_tile_index_2

Edited by evilcat

Awesome month for PS Plus members. We're getting Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition and Yakuza: Kiwami free, among others.

<3

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks