Random Sales

melkathi

the ancient Duck Tales that violated the PC speaker?

Lol I think he's talking about the good one (the remake)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Never played Borderlands. I'm just not into that art style, and mechanically the game didn't look that special from what I saw in LPs.

Yeah, it wasn't my thing either. Too much nerd humor and overall generic despite the flashy cartoon graphics. Only fun with friends really, but I didn't bother.

And Lol at it being underrated here. It was hyped as much as any game when it was released, 8 years ago.

And Lol at it being underrated here. It was hyped as much as any game when it was released, 8 years ago.

I said underrated "here" as in this particular forums (the obsidian forums), which it is. I don't expect most people here to like it based on their likings but that doesn't make it a bad game.

The hype was good and the reviews were well deserved, it wasn't over-hyped by any means, it pretty much defines the rpg/fps genre and has spawned countless games which follow suit.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I know. It wasn't underrated "here". Not sure what you expect. That was years ago.

It had cross over appeal for people who's into massive amounts of pointless loot, and coop play.

It was a well-crafted game. The loot was randomized, 50% pointless, 50% useful. Just as any other game with randomized loot.

But the story was great, I agree with people here saying that it was obnoxiously written with comedy and goofy silly themes but that's what it was going for and everything it did, it did well. You can play it without large amounts of grinding if you know what you're doing as well but the dlc is what takes Borderland 2 to the next level. The thunderdome arena was phenomenal all by itself.

• Like 1

All the arena and story dlc's come free in the game of the year edition and since you can get the goty edition for $4.99 on sale I'm not sure why dlc for Borderlands 2 is a bad thing.

When dlc is this plentiful and this well done, it easily outweighs the base game and should be treated as so. Kinda like how The Witcher 3 dlc's are better than the base game. Still, the base game of Borderlands 2 is well crafted so the fact that the dlc is even better is a testement to the developers.

Edited by SonicMage117

Hob is on sale now for $17.99 from $19.99. I got my copy and you all would do well to follow my example.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/404680/Hob/

What is Hob? Hob is a new fantasy rpg from the makers of Torchlight 1 and 2 (who are the original makers of Diablo 1 and 2 as well).

Aside from Runic making it, why exactly is Hob worth getting?

Hob is on sale now for $17.99 from $19.99. I got my copy and you all would do well to follow my example.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/404680/Hob/

What is Hob? Hob is a new fantasy rpg from the makers of Torchlight 1 and 2 (who are the original makers of Diablo 1 and 2 as well).

https://youtu.be/wmhhOLnIoCU

Aside from Runic making it, why exactly is Hob worth getting?
I honestly can't answer that atm, the developers are always MIA, wanted to ask them a few questions on Steam, they told me to join their Discord so I did that and even though they were on the server they were never online, they told some of theor fans/beta testers to answer all the important questions in their stead.

^All that didn't sit very well with me, actually it's very rare for developers to do any of that sort of thing so I refunded the game and got The Evil Within, Doom 3 BFG Edition and Rage with the dlc with that money.

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I was looking at the Steam Deus Ex Franchise Sale.

Mankind Devided Digital Deluxe Edition (the game + season pass) 22,39 Euro

Deus Ex Collection Bundle (Deuys Ex, Deus Ex Invisible War, Deus Ex The Fall, Deus Ex Mankind Devided, Mankind Devided Season Pass (I already own Human Revolution)) 19,03 Euro.

(And still not buying it, what with my backlog)

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Mankind Divided required 74 GB! nah, some other time

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

So I was looking at the Steam Deus Ex Franchise Sale.

Mankind Devided Digital Deluxe Edition (the game + season pass) 22,39 Euro

Deus Ex Collection Bundle (Deuys Ex, Deus Ex Invisible War, Deus Ex The Fall, Deus Ex Mankind Devided, Mankind Devided Season Pass (I already own Human Revolution)) 19,03 Euro.

(And still not buying it, what with my backlog)

Hmm i can get what i'm missing in that collection for 17.07€ but like you i probably wouldn't play it for a long long time so no point in jumping in. Maybe i'll buy it if they ever make another game and it's better received ( so not missing half the content... :D ). 

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I grabbed Darkwood, Deadly Premonition, and Night in the Woods on the Steam Halloween sale. And promptly connected the first two to GOG.

I've been meaning to give Deadly Premonition another shot since I binged through Twin Peaks on Netflix. And I'd rather play it on PC than my PS3. And Darkwood looks so freaking terrifying. I'm tense just thinking about installing it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I grabbed Darkwood, Deadly Premonition, and Night in the Woods on the Steam Halloween sale. And promptly connected the first two to GOG.

I've been meaning to give Deadly Premonition another shot since I binged through Twin Peaks on Netflix. And I'd rather play it on PC than my PS3. And Darkwood looks so freaking terrifying. I'm tense just thinking about installing it.

I might try Deadly Premonition but I was previously put off with how buggy the PC port is apparently. The soundtrack also seems to full of decent quality Japanese video game themes.

• 2 weeks later...

That Halloween sale on Steam was pretty awesome!

Expeditions Viking has a HUGE discount on Steam right now. If you're interested...

• Like 1