Random Sales

melkathi

Steam sale is over but I picked up Death Rally Classic :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Amazon Prime Day is today. I think I spotted a single PC game so far.

I grabbed Prey at half price and Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 at nearly half.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, Prime Day is pretty noted for being more of a marketing event rather than an actual sales event. That's not to say there won't be a couple of things you're interested in, but on the whole, it's really not much of a sale. It's certainly no Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

So many mice, keyboards, and controller docking stations though. So many.

Supposedly it started with a bug where some console games (like Kingdom Hearts and Crash Bandicoot) were 80-90% off.

That's all I saw too was hardware. I didn't see any PC games on sale last night... :(

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

So many mice, keyboards, and controller docking stations though. So many.

Supposedly it started with a bug where some console games (like Kingdom Hearts and Crash Bandicoot) were 80-90% off.

For PC parts (including mouses and keyboards and headphones), when in doubt, check PCPartPicker's price history. For example, the Razer Naga Chroma mouse is a currently highlighted "Prime Day Deal" for $40, so you can check its page on PCPP, and see that BestBuy recently dropped their price for it to $40, and Amazon seems to have matched it for today. You can also set the price history to go back 2 years, and you can see that $40 is the lowest it's ever been. So not too bad of a deal if that's what you wanted (...although Razer mice are pretty infamous for being more marketing than actual decent products, and I have a pretty low opinion of their mice for being pretty unreliable), but it's probably a good idea to check stuff, if you can, before you assume it's actually a sale. There used to be a more general tracker that outside of just PC parts, called PriceZombie, but it's no longer extant. PCPP also doesn't do video games, :(.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD is on sale for $1.99 #Nostalgia

Not a sale, but you can get Jotun for free on Steam right now.

Jotun was played by Keyrock and many screenshots were posted to this forum.

I really liked the game but never finished it. I got to the final boss then got my ass handed to me a dozen times in a row and never even got remotely close to defeating The Allfather. I got super frustrated and gave up.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Sundered is a badass 2D rpg metroidvania based on HP Lovecraft material. It's creepily aesthetic gives off a very animated visual that's similar to Pyre but plays more like Hollow Knight.

It's on sale for $17.99 from $19.99 atm. It releases July 28th.

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

Not a sale, but you can get Jotun for free on Steam right now.

Jotun was played by Keyrock and many screenshots were posted to this forum.

You forgot to say why it's free. To celebrate the release of Sundered, the newest game from the developer Thunder Lotus. :sorcerer:

Edited by Majek
  • Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Butcher on sale for $4.99

If you're a fan of 90's gaming era, you already have it.

just bought Tyranny on GOG, since it's only 10$, I've heard mixed things about it, though. some say it's a very good RPG, while others say it's unplayable due to many game breaking bugs. what's the general consensus on these forums?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I think it's fantastic, with a far too short final chapter. Hopefully the DLC rectifies that.

• Like 2

just bought Tyranny on GOG, since it's only 10$, I've heard mixed things about it, though. some say it's a very good RPG, while others say it's unplayable due to many game breaking bugs. what's the general consensus on these forums?

A game made by the "B-team", No disrespect to anyone at Obsidian. I like some of the ideas and concepts but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. I dislike the lack of flavor text. It's like your playing a game in bronze age, but people speak like they do today. Lack of enemy variety and encounter design is poor. Mostly boring and small maps. An abrupt ending. The lack of a budget us to me apparent. Not a big fan of the companions and the lack of companion quests was a letdown.

The create your own spell system was fun. There are some other positives. In general, not one of my favorite Obsidian games, but I rate it above DS3 and South Park.

• Like 1

really? interesting, South Park is one of the most well received Obsidian games. 

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

really? interesting, South Park is one of the most well received Obsidian games. 

I rate FN:V, Mask of the Betrayer, KOTOR II and Alpha Protocol as the best Obsidian games. Then, Storm of Zehir and Pillars of Eternity. Below them, NWN OC, Tyranny, DS34 and last SP.

It's late, I messed up the ranking, now corrected.

Edited by Labadal

I liked every Obsidian game except for New Vegas and the card game... never even bothered with the tank game or durngeon sierge. 

And just to be completely honest, I didn't like Pillars all that much before the expansion.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Where are you living? The cheapest I can get during this sale is 16.89EUR :-/

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I may have Russian prices in my GOG store, if they do have regional pricing, I am not in Russia, but at least on Steam half of my games are region locked to Russia and its neighboring countries

Walsingham said: