Random Sales

melkathi

We have various threads about various online distribution platforms, but a lot of them have gone and dropped far into the forum depth. So as not to practice forbidden dark arts of Threadomancy:

Green Man Gaming has a Battle Trhough the Ages deal going. Mentioning it because it has all the Crusader Kings II stuff going 50% off. That is steam keys.

Personally I did not really like the game, but a lot of forum regulars here absolutley love it.

My own taste in the sale goes more towards the King Arthur games by Neocore: Total War like combat with heroic leaders who advance levels, unlock abilities and become terribly overpowered ;) Add to that chose your own adventure type quests and a very good moral system, that unlocks rewards and options based on a character's position on a two axis chart: morality (rightful - tyrant) and religion (christianity - old gods). Though I usually end up a rightful pagan.

Also at a 50% discount are Blackguard (which I am tempted to get) and some other stuff like Fallen Enchantress.

On Steam itself Bloodline is going really cheap as the deal of the day.

I just don't know how easily that is installed?

• Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Guest Slinky

On Steam itself Bloodline is going really cheap as the deal of the day.

I just don't know how easily that is installed?

Bloodlines should work just fine with Wesp5's unofficial patch, it even comes with a widescreen patcher tool.

If someone still runs into trouble, you might want to check this and this page out.

Titanfall is $37 on Amazon, I'm told it's a one-day only deal. Probably the cheapest available outside of messing with VPNs, though as usual you'll need a US billing address - just use the address of some random hotel if need be.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Thanks for the heads up Humanoid!

It's a WWII game, so not something that interests me, but someone is bound to enjoy it :)

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Titanfall is $37 on Amazon, I'm told it's a one-day only deal. Probably the cheapest available outside of messing with VPNs, though as usual you'll need a US billing address - just use the address of some random hotel if need be.

You can get banned for using VPN with Steam.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

I don't know Origin's policy on VPN, but the game is cheaper on Origin's Mexican storefront, yeah, for those who want to use a VPN. Amazon, on the other hand, perform no geo-location, they take your billing address country and nothing else.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I just use /r/buildapcsales and /r/gamesales on reddit for this type of thing. Generally easier to search, too. :)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I used to feel the same way, (like, just a scant few months ago), but adapted when I saw that it was actually pretty useful. Ah well. :)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

There are a number of things going cheap on GOG. And yes, it actually is good old games that are on sale ;)

What stood out for me are:

The old Age of Wonders games. A lot of fun, a lot of races, challenging campaigns and (at least the first one) an interesting campaign. As the new game is still heavily being balanced and patched, the old ones may be the safer bet at the moment.

King of Dragon Pass. Lead your own little tribe and make decissions that affect its future. Quite unique as games go, mixing management with chose your own adventure, this is a real gem. Only problem? It probably is the worst adaptation for GOG, with a number of display errors on modern screens - though still very much enjoyable. The new, reworked mac version is far better though. Nice bonus: dev activity on the gog forum.

Battle Realms: one of the best RTS games in my opinion. Challenging, with interesting unit/economy management: rice and water are collected by peasants, but peasants are also rained into fighting units in the training buildings. Training a unit in another building again, then upgrades to hier tier units. The story of a mythical japan is quite interesting and branches intoa  good and evil campaign.

I found it terrible and a waste of my money, but your mileage may vary...

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Hmm, Space Trader: Merchant Marine is just going for -111% and should get Steam to pay you 50 odd cents :p

Probably going to fix that soon.

The game isn't all that great. Some trading of commodities and a few first person shooter quests. The problem really is the shooter part that is very basic. Of course the game costs next to nothing even at full price, so I am not miffed about owning it. May even give it another chance at some point. I have a soft spot for these tiny projects were one or two devs try to do something different.

Edited by melkathi

My friend gifted Space Trader to me as a joke/to annoy me. I tried it just because, but it didn't work. Whenever I tried to interact with anything, the game would massively lag for like five seconds, every time. Overall, my experience was poor. :p

Several weird and bugged weekly deals this time around...

Like Inquisitor (which was on sale last week too, and then normal and special where on sale (I got special) now it's sale again but only normal?

And the Star Trader isn't seperately available, only part of a 15 euro pack I got 2 weeks ago for 99 cents...

Bad bad Steam...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I have heard great things about Consortium:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VsIDEMP3YYY

It is on 40% sale on Steam but also the Humble Store. Which for us europeans, what with regional pricing, means it is actually cheaper on thehumble store and part of the money goes to charity.