Hey all!

By pure chance, I stumbled upon this game yesterday and I backed it today. Really sucks that I didn't discover it during the kickstarter and back it then. But oh well...

I'm a big fan of Icewind Dale and I love the D&D and Forgotten Realms setting. I like Baldur's Gate too, but Icewind Dale I and II are the 2 games that are dearest to my heart. I am really looking forward to PoE :)

Anyway, just stopping by to say "hi" to y'all!

/KBG.

• Like 6

Hey all!

By pure chance, I stumbled upon this game yesterday and I backed it today. Really sucks that I didn't discover it during the kickstarter and back it then. But oh well...

I'm a big fan of Icewind Dale and I love the D&D and Forgotten Realms setting. I like Baldur's Gate too, but Icewind Dale I and II are the 2 games that are dearest to my heart. I am really looking forward to PoE :)

/KBG.

Welcome, remember to always support discussions for the inclusion of Romance. This release of PoE won't have Romance but the promancer army is preparing and training for the verbal  battles around Romance in the sequel to PoE where Obsidian takes the time to ask "how can we make PoE even better"

:)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

They term you're looking for is nomancer.

• Like 3

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

If i try to get together with an ex does that make me a necro-romancer?

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If i try to get together with an ex does that make me a necro-romancer?

Only over her dead body...

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I thought being a big fan of Icewind Dale (most of all) makes one anti-romance by default. :)

Haven't seen the NPC project for Icewind Dale 2 at the gibberlings3 mod site? Yes, now even the Dalelands have been overrun by promancers. Soon we shall conquer all!

edit:

Oh yes, welcome too.

Edited by Greydragon
  • Like 1

I thought being a big fan of Icewind Dale (most of all) makes one anti-romance by default. :)

Haven't seen the NPC project for Icewind Dale 2 at the gibberlings3 mod site? Yes, now even the Dalelands have been overrun by promancers. Soon we shall conquer all!

edit:

Oh yes, welcome too.

So, Belhifet has won after all...

In the MEA-DOW we can BUILD-A ROO-mannnce... and pre-TEND THAT he is IN THE gaaaaame...

We'll say "ARE YOU really?", HE'LL SAY "NOOOmannnnnnnce, but I'LL BE there through MOD-DING just the SAAAAAME."

8)

Sorry. For whatever reason, the melody of that Christmas song needed to be applied to lyrics about romance, simply because people brought it up again in here.

Needless to say, "romance" is a bit like "Voldemort" in this forum's lore. You probably shouldn't name it.

Still, welcome to the forums, and it's really not as dire as people might make it seem. As crazy, though? Ehhhhh... :)

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

confused.com

Look around the forums. Share your ideas - the developers read the forums and do take player inputs into account.

If you look around you'll also see some issues that have been hashed over and over and over and over and over and over and over....and over. Romance in the game is one of those topics. And over.

• Like 2

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

confused.com

Look around the forums. Share your ideas - the developers read the forums and do take player inputs into account.

If you look around you'll also see some issues that have been hashed over and over and over and over and over and over and over....and over. Romance in the game is one of those topics. And over.

But in the interest of complete honesty and realism we never really get tired of discussing the importance of Romance in RPG...we don't want our new forum  members to get the wrong impression and think Romance isn't  an important objective for sequels of PoE  :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Aye. Tis a shame then that it's already been decided that this, important objective, doesn't merit further discussion when it comes to Pillars of Eternity.

Maybe in the next forums. :thumbsup:

Edited by Hormalakh

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

tsk tsk, don't corrupt the newbies just yet.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

tsk tsk, don't corrupt the newbies just yet.

Fine, fine... I shall keep my rrupting independent from that of others', so as not to collaborate at all in the rrupting process.

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

• 3 weeks later...

Same here!

Just discovered this game and saw the videos on youtube and knew that I had to back this!

Can't believe I missed the kickstarter.

Long time fan of Baldur's Gate 1&2 also. Still in the absolute top 5 of best RPG's I've ever played, if not the top three...

Bought the Digital Plus package and also the first expansion :)

• Like 1

Hey all!

/KBG.

Welcome to the forums. Here, have my Status Points.