ok , +1 int wouldn't make sense but the pale elf needs a different stat than wood elf. They are more like the snow elf taller and hardier like humans.

Now if you wanted to really go rpg you would use Background to set Attribute bonus. Like slave or laborer +1 Might  hunter +1 Dexterity ,Mercenary +1 Constitution, Scholar +1 Intellect,

Merchant +1 Perception, Colonist +1 Resolve ..ect

Their background is how they developed no mater the race. what do you think?

• Like 2

Under a black flab we compile.

As the centuries passed, the Godlike finally did learn to master the art of wearing a helmet...

Dark-Helmet-Spaceballs.jpg

Actually due to recent reveals and new game mechanics announcements I am sad to say this is not a Godlike who learned to wear a helmet.  It is just a generic Human fighter with Big Head Mode turned on.

• Like 1

The description of godlike, that they cant reproduce is something i believe obsidian have to change. Because! it may result in new stories and tales to even add into the game at some later point.

maybe if there is a way to kill a god xD, i dont know, like baal!!! the sons of this god or their sons, might be a way for a god to ressurect. I dont know.. i just find it silly that they cant reproduce, it should be hard and in many cases impossible but not IMPOSSIBLE.

And plz  change the godlike that look stupid with the horn in their face.. they are just simply ugly. a godlike doesnt have to be ugly.

everyone loved playing baldurs gate and gorions son did not have a weird horn in his face, nuff said.

The description of godlike, that they cant reproduce is something i believe obsidian have to change. Because! it may result in new stories and tales to even add into the game at some later point.

maybe if there is a way to kill a god xD, i dont know, like baal!!! the sons of this god or their sons, might be a way for a god to ressurect. I dont know.. i just find it silly that they cant reproduce, it should be hard and in many cases impossible but not IMPOSSIBLE.

And plz  change the godlike that look stupid with the horn in their face.. they are just simply ugly. a godlike doesnt have to be ugly.

everyone loved playing baldurs gate and gorions son did not have a weird horn in his face, nuff said.

Perhaps it isn't impossible, perhaps it is just the player character that's been cursed with infertility!

And you don't have to use that specific head for your godlike if you don't like it. You'll get to choose between a couple of different types of godlike, and then each type have a couple of different heads to choose from.

Perhaps just chill out, nuff said.

Well well well about the godlikes. I dont see them as ugly.... they are just different. And that they are infertile is not important for the adventure i guess... except you want to stay in the stronghold and marry someone... and then quit the game!

I think some vips in our world are way more face morphetes and other unexplained experiments then these godlikes.

Also gods are not born the way we humans reproduce i guess. There is no myth where 2 gods had sex like we and made a baby. It was always left out and i think i know why...to me gods dont look like humans, why should they? Maybe the godliness is spiritual and not defined by shape....

They aren't necessarily godspawn. They're simply marked, allegedly by the gods, at birth. I mean, I guess SOMEone in the world in which Eora resides could be the actual child of a god. But, the godlike are infertile so that they don't just take over the planet, I would think. Who knows for what reasons the gods do what they do? 8P

You would think, though, that if the gods wanted godlike to be plentiful, they'd've just given them the ability to reproduce, made a handful early on, then been done with it. The fact that they take it upon themselves to continue marking only specific people in the world makes me think they have a reason for not having a whole boatload of godlike in the world, even if it's just "Because I feel like it."

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Or possibly because they feel that what best represents their qualities, ideals or immediate needs isn't hereditary? (EDIT: God knows such insight would've helped Bhaal out)

Moot anyway, because, as you say, Godlike are not the same as Godspawn.

Edited by Kjaamor
  • Like 2

Or possibly because they feel that what best represents their qualities, ideals or immediate needs isn't hereditary? (EDIT: God knows such insight would've helped Bhaal out)

Moot anyway, because, as you say, Godlike are not the same as Godspawn.

Exactly.  That is popular rumor, folk belief, and/orconjecture but there is no evidence the Godlike are anything other than people with weird looks due to some strange aberration in their soul that has nothing to do with the gods at all.

• Like 1

Heck, it's not even that much of a stretch from any real life instances of "this child was born with red hair, and that happens really rarely, so SURELY the god of the sun has blessed this child!". Just... the godlike features are a little more extensive, I suppose, than red hair. But, hey, they're only different because they're rare, right? If 80% of the populous had feathers growing out of their faces/heads, I don't think "the masses" would be filled with people all gasping at how strange that was. Human/normal or not, it would be familiar.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

This isn't an MMO. I see a lot of worry over min maxing. Why would that matter to anyone? I would assume though some races are better suited for certain classes (which makes sense lore wise), playing a dwarf wizard would be possible. Nobody is gear checking you at the raid entrance. This is single player so you control how you want to experience it. If you are obsessed with min maxing then do it. If not oh well.

I still like to try to build a strong chracter though, these kind of creating a character that feels more powerfull than the average character is part of the fun of an rpg with a complex character system like PoE. At least for me it is.

This isn't an MMO. I see a lot of worry over min maxing. Why would that matter to anyone? I would assume though some races are better suited for certain classes (which makes sense lore wise), playing a dwarf wizard would be possible. Nobody is gear checking you at the raid entrance. This is single player so you control how you want to experience it. If you are obsessed with min maxing then do it. If not oh well.

I still like to try to build a strong chracter though, these kind of creating a character that feels more powerfull than the average character is part of the fun of an rpg with a complex character system like PoE. At least for me it is.

Well there is a difference between making a strong character and min maxing. Min maxing is only really important at the most elite lvls of game play in PvP or Raiding. Raiding is really even less other than certain teams may not take you if your not perfectly built. It is the mathematical best a class can perform. It isn't necessary in a game like this.

• Like 1

I like to build the strongest as well, but don't think that a little halfling is going to be as strong a warrior as an orc or vise versa as a rogue. Doesn't mean I can't make a strong hafling warrior, but min max wise at top lvls he won't perform as well as an orc.

Edited by Zansatsu