[PS3] Elementary School Cutscene Bug (spoiler)

Redbeerd

Question

After defeating the ginger school monitor boss, I open the door to the detention room and the cutscene where Craig and the kids in detention plays. Afterwards, the screen flashes to the boys outside the school for a split second and the black loading screen appears and doesn't go away.  I still have access to the game menu but the text in the tip bar that rotates at the bottom of the screen look a bit off (ie. little black streaks in the text).

I've tried to switch buddies before entering the classroom, I've tried exiting the school and coming back after a few quests, I've even tried loading a 30 minute previous save. Nothing works.  Since this is a game progressing cutscene, I can't progress further.

Thanks for your help in advance!

4 answers to this question

Just to check, you're still on the first day correct (ie the first night with the aliens hasn't happened)? 

If not, there is a bug where you're sent to your room for getting lost in the woods on the first day and that triggers the first night incorrectly and messes up the school fight so that it can't be completed (until the patch comes out).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Thanks for the help Arch.  Yep, I did get lost in the woods on the first day (before the aliens).  

Do you know when the PS3 patch will be out to fix this? I've looked online and couldn't find any dates.

The last anyone from Obsidian posted about it, the 3.0 patch was being tested by Ubisoft for release on console - http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/65338-patch-notes/

It released for PC on the 5, so I'm a bit surprised we haven't heard anything about the Consoles yet (almost two weeks).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man