Dragon Age: Inquistion

Rosbjerg

Uh DA2's is basically 'save the world' (city state). It starts personal but ultimately isn't.  The gameplay is basically *almost* as deep as DA's. However, I do agree the repetive places was definitely  A Bad Thing tm.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Uh DA2's is basically 'save the world' (city state). It starts personal but ultimately isn't.  The gameplay is basically *almost* as deep as DA's. However, I do agree the repetive places was definitely  A Bad Thing tm.

Volo is doesn't sound you understood the story of  DA2 at all :ermm:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Guys don't forget, and I know many of you dismiss this, but Bioware games also offer Romance options  in an appealing and entertaining RPG experience. I can't stress enough how Romance is a contributing factor to why some  people invest time and money in RPG

Bruce, all of your posts concerning romance remind me of this...

Creepy-bathroom-rabbit.gif

• Like 9

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Guys don't forget, and I know many of you dismiss this, but Bioware games also offer Romance options  in an appealing and entertaining RPG experience. I can't stress enough how Romance is a contributing factor to why some  people invest time and money in RPG

Bruce, all of your posts concerning romance remind me of this...

Creepy-bathroom-rabbit.gif

:lol: that's a terrible and hysterical picture all rolled into one :lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I didn't mind the setting of DA2 and in fact I actually liked that it all took place over the same small area. The problem is that that area was mostly crap, copy and pasted maps aside, the city was mostly boring and lifeless and had little interaction

I thought the story was mostly fine until the 3rd act when it went completely off the rails

Free games updated 3/4/21

I didn't mind the setting of DA2 and in fact I actually liked that it all took place over the same small area. The problem is that that area was mostly crap, copy and pasted maps aside, the city was mostly boring and lifeless and had little interaction

I thought the story was mostly fine until the 3rd act when it went completely off the rails

Personally, I would love to see Obsidian make a Fallout game(like NewVegas) set in the ruins of New York City. Would be worth it to see Deathclaws infesting Madison Square Garden.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Personally, I would love to see Obsidian make a Fallout game(like NewVegas) set in the ruins of New York City. Would be worth it to see Deathclaws infesting Madison Square Garden.

I'd be interested to see Europe for a change. That's still uncharted territory. :)

• Like 2

Reminds me of the baby Godzilla scene from Godzilla

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I didn't mind the setting of DA2 and in fact I actually liked that it all took place over the same small area. The problem is that that area was mostly crap, copy and pasted maps aside, the city was mostly boring and lifeless and had little interaction I thought the story was mostly fine until the 3rd act when it went completely off the rails

I'd be interested to see Europe for a change. That's still uncharted territory. :)

I don't know if I would. Quite a bit of the setting of Fallout is tied to the American 50's, Cold War paranoia especially, and I don't know if it would work as well in Europe.

That said, a Fallout(or Fallout-esqe game) set in London, Paris, Berlin, or Madrid would be pretty interesting.

I didn't mind the setting of DA2 and in fact I actually liked that it all took place over the same small area. The problem is that that area was mostly crap, copy and pasted maps aside, the city was mostly boring and lifeless and had little interaction I thought the story was mostly fine until the 3rd act when it went completely off the rails

I don't know if I would. Quite a bit of the setting of Fallout is tied to the American 50's, Cold War paranoia especially, and I don't know if it would work as well in Europe.

That said, a Fallout(or Fallout-esqe game) set in London, Paris, Berlin, or Madrid would be pretty interesting.

Well aside from Europe dissolving into warring city-states I know rather little about the "old world" side of the Fallout universe, I guess that if the USSR was a thing then Berlin with the wall could make for some fun post apocalyptic politics if done right, especially since the adversaries are right next to one another unlike the US and China :)

(Visiting China and seeing the other side of that conflict also could be fun, though it would be a lot harder to make it immersive for a mostly Western audience I imagine)

Ehm, but I fear this might be slightly off-topic in this thread, unless BioWare is making a post-apocalyptic game? Come to think of it, the Berlin wall could make for a nicepost-apocalyptic Romeo and Juliet story, what do you think Bruce? ;)

• Like 1

Ain't enough games taking place in New York - What's one more gonna hurt? Personally I'd go for something outside of the US but that's too much to hope for I guess.

• Like 1

In all honesty, Obsidian could make a Fallout game set anywhere and i would probably enjoy the **** out of it.

• Like 1

We could have post apocalypse without the Fallout universe. Its not exactly obligatory

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

We could have post apocalypse without the Fallout universe. Its not exactly obligatory

True but I think many people prefer a game world that they are familiar with. That's why worthwhile sequels do so well

John Milton 

Ehm, but I fear this might be slightly off-topic in this thread, unless BioWare is making a post-apocalyptic game? Come to think of it, the Berlin wall could make for a nicepost-apocalyptic Romeo and Juliet story, what do you think Bruce? ;)

You know my views on Romance, "basically any Romance is a good Romance " :biggrin:

• Like 2

John Milton 

You know my views on Romance, "basically any Romance is a good Romance " :biggrin:

blade-550x.jpg

I would've gone with:

And I did.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

You're telling me, we are pretty much swarmed with games involving a post-apocalyptic scenario almost as much aszombies, and most of them are jarring & uninteresting with the few exceptions such as The Last of Us. In relations to Fallout, the thing we were talking about, I'd like to see a 'Fallout' game outside of the US for once. At the very least an RPG that is.
  • Like 1

That's the first time I have read that blog and I think Gaider makes some excellent points and I agree with most of them

I do think some of the dislike of the Twilight series comes from the fact that the majority of the fans seen to be younger females but  if it was, for example, teenager boys who loved Star Trek it would be more acceptable to say " I loved Star Trek" without being criticized

Personally I thought Twilight was fun to watch, not great but entertaining enough. I also thought that there implementation of Romance was believable and reasonable ( but to be honest I didn't watch the last 2 Twilight movies )

John Milton 

blade-550x.jpg

AHhahahahhaahhah

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

This is games though, and so far as I am aware there is no Twilight video game. And if there is a Twilight game, please do not make me aware of it as I am more than happy to live in ignorance in this one case.

We should make a list of games with romance in them for Bruce to sample. I'll start with FEAR2.

(Or Fahrenheit, for cringe inducing QTE 'action')

• Like 1

Any David Cage game^ The romance is essentially on par with your average frat-honky teenage drama.

Skyrim

The Fable games (Although why Peter Molyneaux thought anyone would want to romance the NPCs of Fable with the brain capacity of 1's & 0's is beyond me)

Alpha Protocol (Although I'm sure most people in here are aware of that)

Any BioWare game I can think of

Persona 2, 3 & 4 (The kind of romance I like -- The kind that actually feels like 'love' as opposed to just 'romance' which it actually provides sufficient maturity to the characters growth and development, and it's alsooptional)

Catherine -- Video Games tend to be frightened of relationships, in a curious reflection of the its predominantly male customer base. Well, there are plenty of games that depict the commencement of a relationship, generally as a consequence of Party A rescuing Party B from a giant fire-breathing lizard thing, an evil general, or a female character being in a submissive relationship to a bellend, depending on the genre. Very few games are about a relationship that's already going on, except when one half of it exists solely to get murdered at one point so that the other half can seek revenge -- Catherine is the opposite of the norm. It's a puzzle platformer, involving the difficulties of relationships, such as unexpected pregnancy, the impetus of commitment. It's a rather level headed approach to otherwise uncharted territory I'd say, and its gameplay actually provides challenge to a sophisticated level.

Dragon's Dogma (The game literally picks a romance partner for you, because it's important for a plot element later)

Shadow of the Colossus (I actually liked it in this game because it played out like an epic tale of true love, and its comeuppance)

Silent Hill 2 (Love plays a large role in this game I'd say)

Final Fantasy x & X2 (This one is probably known to most people)

Final Fantasy IX (I seem to recall there being one in this game)

Final Fantasy VIII

Witcher 1 & 2

Prince of Persia (The cel-shaded reboot)

Saints Row IV (Yes, this is a thing that happens)

Grand Theft Auto IV (Although it doesn't play a huge part in the main story given that GTA's selling point is its sandbox I'd say it counts among-st its many activities)

Edited by TheChris92
  • Like 1

Any David Cage game^ The romance is essentially on par with your average frat-honky teenage drama.

Skyrim

The Fable games (Although why Peter Molyneaux thought anyone would want to romance the NPCs of Fable with the brain capacity of 1's & 0's is beyond me)

Alpha Protocol (Although I'm sure most people in here are aware of that)

Any BioWare game I can think of

Persona 2, 3 & 4 (The kind of romance I like -- The kind that actually feels like 'love' as opposed to just 'romance' which it actually provides sufficient maturity to the characters growth and development, and it's alsooptional)

Dragon's Dogma (The game literally picks a romance partner for you, because it's important for a plot element later)

Shadow of the Colossus (I actually liked it in this game because it played out like an epic tale of true love, and its comeuppance)

Silent Hill 2 (Love plays a large role in this game I'd say)

Final Fantasy x & X2 (This one is probably known to most people)

Final Fantasy IX (I seem to recall there being one in this game)

Final Fantasy VIII

Witcher 1 & 2

Prince of Persia (The cel-shaded reboot)

Holy smoke, that's a comprehensive list :thumbsup:

John Milton